Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
- This particular feed is intended to showcase the best micronational journalism, reporting on major issues.
- General content should be added to Template:Main Page/Internet newsfeed.
- Original entertainment content should be added to MicroWiki:Media/Entertainment.
- Analytical content and opinion pieces should be added to MicroWiki:Media/Other.
- Eight headlines only - when adding new links, delete the one at the BOTTOM OF THE LIST.
- If an addition to this feed is considered unsuitable by an administrator (e.g. should it not be from an approved publication (see below) or if the event reported on is not considered headline-tier), it will be moved to the appropriate newsfeed.
When adding headlines
- Please use the flag of the nation in which the publication is based. It is irrelevant as to whether or not the publication reports mainly on international news; if it has a micronation in which it is based or with which it is otherwise primarily affiliated, it should use that micronation's flag (in the same way, a B.B.C. article would be given the British flag). The exceptions to this rule are the Coprieta Standard and the G.U.M. News, both of which are totally unaffiliated with any micronation.
- A truly well-written article's first sentence or two should be good preview text.
- Finish all previews with ellipses ("..."), even if the preview already finishes at the end of a sentence.
- Do not include bylines, datelines, or similar pre-article matter (e.g. "MINSK —" or "John Citizen —") in previews.
- Do not add "BREAKING". It is totally unnecessary.
- Instead of using the hyphen character, please consider using the dash character (–).
As of 23 April 2015, the administration has decided to put in place a policy to the effect that only approved publications may post news to the headlines newsfeed. We have in recent months seen numerous articles posted which were not of a quality deemed suitable for the headlines. The list of approved publications is below - if your publication is not on the list, then please do not add an article to this newsfeed, but to "Other news". Approved publications have been chosen for their acceptable standard of writing and journalism. ONLY AN ADMINISTRATOR may add (or subtract) from this list, but users are welcome to request that their publications be considered for inclusion.
- Abeldane Telegraph
- Adammic Express
- Aleksandropol Inquirer
- Amasburg Times
- Amerston Post
- Ashukovski Vesti
- Austenasian Times
- Australis Times
- Batyr Times (Hasanistan)
- Baustralian News Network
- Burnham Micropress (Mercia)
- The Charlington Press
- Courant van Lazia
- Daily Micronational
- Daily Micronationalist (Kohlandia)
- Eodusian Gazette (Eodus)
- Eskhavn Guardian
- Gazet of Giddis (Flandrensis)
- GUM News
- Heralda Pasabrilloía (Millania)
- Home-made Crown Journal (Abelden)
- IADP News
- Ikonia Post
- Imperial State News (Lundenwic)
- Imperial Tribune (Rhomania)
- Independent General Press (Konmalehth)
- The Indokistan Times
- Iustian Times
- Khamsin Molossia News
- Kirkburgh Courier
- Koningswyk Gazette (Natal)
- L'Sydunche (Abelden)
- [lostisland.org Lostisland News]
- The Military Tribune (Sorrenia)
- Pavlov.pl News
- Nemkhav News Service
- The New Virginian Herald
- Nordale Voice
- Occidental Chronicle (Uberstadt/Doria)
- Plushunian News Service
- The Press (Posaf)
- The Principality of Domanglia (publication)
- Quo Times
- The Sirocco Times
- The SiV Phonograph
- State Gazatte (Montescano)
- Telenot.jc (Juclandia, formerly known as Scânteia)
- Triumvirate National Press (Universal Triumvirate)
- Veritum Sandus
- Wielki Wyladowac Times (Caddia)
- TVT News (Bregusland)
- The Royal Lyteran News
- Royal Gazette (Brienia)
- Dracul 1 News
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A new policy concerning approved headlines has been put in place. Please ensure you have read and understood it before editing the newsfeed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
- A new Territory was annexed by Austenasia yesterday morning as Lord Michael Simpson, Count of Occibrazos, claimed a five acre property from Colorado for the Empire. The new Territory has been named Elliessium Colorandum, after Lord Simpson’s granddaughter...
- Established on 19 October 2018, Ikonia was founded on the principles of independence, liberty, and freedom. Today, the actual birthday of the Kingdom, was a more of an quiet affair, apart from the announcement on certain diplomatic venues, and broadcasts inside the Kingdom...
- The Grand Unified Micronational is one of, if not the most well known micronational organisation to still exist today. Established in 2009, it has continued to flourish, gaining new members over the years, including some of the most well known micronations such as the Empire of Austenasia. Today, almost twelve years after the GUM was formed...
- Today, Vendémiaire 23, marks the Nordalian holiday of the Day of Justice, which celebrates the punishment of tyrants and oppressors throughout history by the masses they exploited. The day is celebrated on the day which the French Queen Marie Antoinette was...
- On 12 October 2020 Sir Yaroslav Mar, Regent of Pavlov and President for life of Lostisland, has announced that Kingdom of Brienia has been accepted to Antarctic Micronational Union, organisation that regulates Antarctic claims since 2008.Brienia claimed the Antarctic island of Drygalski in August 2019, then being Holy Empire of Obador ...
- His Imperial Highness Tsesarevych Jaroslav Alexandrovych, serving in his capacity as Regent while the Emperor is on a trip to Kyivan Rus', issued the Second Edict of Moscow appointing His Majesty Despot Ivan Brienskiy — a prominent Pavlovian Senator and King of Brienia — as Second Consul suffectus for the remainder of the year 7529...
- 9 Oct - Lord Thompson charged with submitting false candidate details in Adammia's first ever legal case
- Lord Billy Thompson, leader of the Red Green Alliance and soon to be Deputy PM, has been indicted and charged with submitting false information via a candidate nomination form, after it emerged that one of his party’s candidates in last weekend’s general election had not consented to being nominated. This is the first time that Adammia’s judiciary has been sprung into action after more than seven years...
- The Republic of Nordale has annexed the Province of Mons Oblivionis from the American State of Colorado, a piece of land measuring approximately 30 acres and is populated by one Citizen The new Province is said to be very beautiful, with photographs coming soon. Citizen-Premier Sophia Albina has appointed the Republic’s newest Citizen, Citizen-Governor John Brown as its Governor. Citizen-Governor John Brown is a man with great enthusiasm for participating in the life the Republic and has already shown...