Supreme Leader (also known as Paramount Leader, Supreme Ruler, Paramount Ruler, Eternal Leader and Dear Leader) typically refers to the person among a number of leaders of a state, organisation or other such group who has been given or is able to exercise the most – or complete – authority over it. In a religion, this role is usually satisfied by a person deemed to be the representative or manifestation of a Deity or God on Earth. In politics, a supreme leader usually rules over an authoritarian or totalitarian government and have a Cult of personality associated with them. Historic examples are Adolf Hitler (Führer) of Nazi Germany, Benito Mussolini (Duce) of Fascist Italy, and Joseph Stalin (Vozhd, Вождь) of the Soviet Union.
A Supreme Leader is not normally a head of state or government but a de facto leader of the nation.
Examples in Micronations
Many Micronations have had Supreme or Paramount Leaders past and present. This includes;
- State of Vishwamitra (Supreme Leader)
- Republic of Roscamistan (Paramount Leader)
- Atillaterra-Roscami Confederation (Confederate President)
- Roscami Colonial Empire (Supreme Ruler)
- "Leader, Sun, Mentor, Guide: How North Korean leaders choose their titles | NK News". Retrieved 2022-01-13.
- "DEATH OF POL POT; Pol Pot, Brutal Dictator Who Forced Cambodians to Killing Fields, Dies at 73 - The New York Times". Retrieved 2022-01-13.
- "Comandante : myth and reality in Hugo Chávez's Venezuela : Carroll, Rory : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive". Retrieved 2022-01-13.