|Motto: Strength is in Unity|
|Anthem: National Anthem of the State of Iceni|
and largest city
|Demonym(s)||Celtic (nationality), Iceni (adjective)|
|Government||Executive Constitutional Monarchy|
|Establishment||28 September 2019 (as an independent state)|
9 November 2020 (Constitution enacted)
5 February 2021 (Iceni Empire established)
Iceni, officially the Iceni Empire is a micronation that was established on 26 September 2019 by John Gordon. The government is an executive unitary constitutional monarchy. in which the Emperor holds executive power, The legislature is the Imperial Senate and the Council of Ministers serves as the cabinet.
The Iceni Empire was founded on 28 September 2019, however, the state has existed since 2009 under several different incarnations. Sakasaria, Breckland, and Palaisa.
The Iceni Republic was governed by the Iceni Military Council from 28 January 2020 following the coup d'etat that dissolved the Praetorian Assembly. On 4 February 2020, the Iceni Military Council officially passed and ratified the new constitution, returning power to the new legislative, the Iceni Congress, and the President of the Iceni Republic.
Government and politics
The Iceni Empire is an executive unitary constitutional monarchy with an Emperor as head of state and the Chancellor as head of government. The basic laws of Iceni are prescribed in the Constitution, the constitution was adopted on the founding of the state. the government of Iceni, known as the Iceni Imperial Government, consists of ministers in the government and were responsible for the daily governance of the nation.
The Iceni Imperial Government is composed of three branches:
- Legislative: A unicameral Imperial Senate.
- Executive: The Emperor, who is also commander in chief of the military, The Chancellor and the Council of Ministers (Cabinet of Iceni)
- Judicial: The Iceni Imperial Court and lower local courts.
Ministries of the Iceni Imperial Government
The following Government Ministries are headed by secretaries who make up the Council of Ministers
- Chancellor of the Iceni Empire - The head of government, in charge of day-to-day running of the government and oversees the Council of Ministers. Appointed by the Emperor on conclusion of a general election.
- Ministry of Empire and Territorial Affairs - Led by the Territories Minister, responsible for conducting national census, organizing general elections, issuing of papers to citizens and authorizing or revoking citizenship.
- His/Her Imperial Majesty's Treasury- Led by the Finance Minister, responsible for maintaining the public finances of the kingdom and designating spending to the various agencies and government departments and is in charge of implementing the government's fiscal policies.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Led by the Foreign Minister, responsible for foreign affairs of Iceni and immigration policies. The Foreign Office can advise the President and Prime Minister on the appointment of ambassadors and their recall.
- Ministry of National Defense - led by the Defense Minister, responsible for overseeing the Iceni Imperial Armed Forces.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
Iceni is comprised of two Duchys, of which has two towns within each one - the Duchy of Granthabridge holds the towns of Granthabridge (The capital city) while the Duchy of Brancaster holds the towns of Brancaster and Caistor St. Edmund. Iceni currently holds no sub-national Territories.
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Granthabridge||20 September 2019||4|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Brancaster||20 September 2019||1|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Caistor St. Edmund||10 November 2020||2|
The Iceni Empire prides itself on being an outward-looking nation and pursuing diplomatic relations with a diverse range of nations. Its Foreign Policy is quite straightforward in keeping with its professional policies.
- The micronation must be at least 1 year old and not drastically changed their form of governance in the last 6 months.
- The micronation must have a website with clear and truthful information (population, goals, territory).
- The micronation must exist in real life: countries with a fictional history, population, or claims on virtual maps of imaginary worlds on the internet is not micronationalism but geofiction.
If a micronation does not adhere to these three points then recognition and indeed bilateral relations cannot take place. The Iceni Kingdom endeavours to expand its sphere to influence within the community using bilateral relations and its voice within international organisations. They aim to sign treaties of friendship and mutual recognition and forge ever closer relationships with their existing allies.
The Kingdom establishes and maintains diplomatic relations with other nations through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, led by the Foreign Minister. The Foreign Minister has the power to grant "states of friendship" and tacit recognition, but official recognition of another nation can only be granted by Parliament or Royal Decree.