Order of the Muddy Lake
|Order of the Muddy Lake|
Badge of the Order of the Muddy Lake
|Awarded by the monarch of the Archduchy of Mimas|
|Established||03 January 2021|
|Awarded for||Promoting Mimasian-Muddian relations. Given to citizens working in the Americas, or to foreign heads of state living in the Americas.|
|Grand Master||Andrew Lind|
|Chancellor||Sir Brian Helwater|
|Next (higher)||Order of the Mast in the Woods|
Ribbon of a member of the order
The Order of the Muddy Lake is a Mimasian and Muddian order of knighthood established in 2021 by Palatine Duke Andrew Lind. It recognizes work done to promote Mimasian-Muddian relations. It is often given to citizens, heads of state and micronationalists living or working in the Americas. The present monarch, Archduke Christoph II is the sovereign of the order.
Admission remains at the discretion of the monarch but recipients can be proposed by the Palatine Duke of Mud. The honoured individuals may use the styles of the order and the post-nominal letters. The Order of the Muddy Lake is the one of the highest honours in the Archduchy of Mimas. All members of the Archducal family were introduced into the order on 3 January 2021.
List of officers
The current officers of the Order of the Muddy Lake are:
- Sovereign: Archduke Christoph II
- Grand Master: Andrew Lind
- Chancellor: Sir Brian Helwater
- Registrar: Elin Frejj, 1st Countess of Duhn
In 2020 work began to incorporate the Duchy of Mud into the Archduchy of Mimas. Inspired by several other royal orders the then Duke of Mud, Andrew Lind, wanted to create a royal order to celebrate Mud becoming part of Mimas. With the help of the Mimasian Royal Awards Academy the Order of the Muddy Lake was founded.
The reigning monarch is at the apex of the Order of the Muddy Lake as its Sovereign, followed by the Grand Master who is always the Palatine Duke of Mud. Below the Grand Master are two officers: the Chancellor and the Registrar. The styles of knighthood are not used by members of the royal family or peers of the uppermost ranks in Mimasian society, except for when a person's name is written in it's fullest form and would present all titles, styles and honours. The grades of the order:
|Commander Grand Cross (CGCOML)|
|Commander 1st Class (COML1cl)|
|Knight 1st Class (KOML1cl)|
- Commander Grand Cross (CGCOML) - Carries the grand insignia on a sash over the right shoulder and with the breast star on the left side of the chest.
- Commander 1st Class (COML1cl) - Carries the grand insignia in a neck ribbon and the breast star on the left side of the chest.
- Commander (COML) - Carries the grand insignia in a neck ribbon.
- Knight 1st Class (KOML1cl) - Carries the small insignia in gold in a trifold ribbon on the left side of the chest.
- Knight (KOML) - Carries the small insignia in silver in a trifold ribbon on the left side of the chest.