Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|This page contains discussion or announcements archived from MicroWiki's former location on Wikia. Any policies or situations mentioned here are probably deprecated or irrelevant.|
———————————Hats off, strangers!————————————
Before the nominations, here's something I found righteous to clarify to you all:
- When nominating someone, or nominating yourself, for "Adminship", you have to consider that being an Admin is not a fun or enjoyable experience, at all. You have to start concentrating on other people's articles than your own, and most importantly, you become a representative of the Wiki and as such, you need to adopt a professional, yet always friendly, attitude. It sounds easy but it's not.
- When voting for a new administrator, never choose someone because "they're nice to you". Get a critical judgement of who you're choosing, check its contributions, have a look at its pages and see if he could become a good admin.
Now, for all those who are interested in becoming admins, I'd like to start by thanking you very much for expressing interest in becoming one here on MicroWiki. Admins play a crucial role in making the Wiki successful and preventing it in becoming a "strip club" so it is great to see you decide to commit to becoming one.
There are however, a few points to consider:
- An Admin is:
- A public figure that represents MicroWiki - What you do in your micronation, if you have one, is not important when you join the MicroWiki staff.
- A person that works mainly for the Wiki - The other articles of the Wiki become as important as your own articles.
- A person that works with the other Admins - A sysop (other name for calling an Admin) never works by himself, he must work with the other sysops in order to get a result that is good for everyone. It's like being part of... a wolfpack.
- An unbiased figure - Your friend, ally, or whatever, is at the same level of someone who's been a nuisance for weeks. If they do a mistake, they must be punished too.
- An Admin is not:
- A clown - Joking sometimes is good, but you're not here for a stand up comedy or a striptease.
- A Nazi German officer - Before taking any measure against a user, or a page, discuss, find an agreement if possible.
- Robert Lethler - 'nuff said.
Also, it's obvious that there is a strict policy on Administrators: if a mistake is made, there's no "please let me have a second chance". It sounds horrible, I know, but it's part of the job.
So yeah, we're looking for a serious and known user, who has good knowledge of the current MicroWiki articles formatting guide and deletion policy (which however we'll develop in the incoming weeks), who has been around for a while and who is able to donate a bit of his spare time for the good of the wiki. The job is boring most of the times, it involves checking, categorizing, moving and deleting, and is not paid (sorry for that one).
If you wish to nominate yourself, and you're aware of the responsibilities an Administrator has, put your signature below, using four tildes (~~~~). Nominations have ended on August 17 and voting has started. Basically, if everything goes well, we should have a new administrator by August 24.
Good luck to you all, and may the best user win!
Nominations (Closed on Aug 17)
- Example: "Cajak [★MicroWiki Admin★] 14:00, August 10, 2010 (UTC)"
Eleytheria (T / B / C) 14:10, August 10, 2010 (UTC)– Stepped down from candidacy at 01:12, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Cplandashir --Premier of the Antarctic Community of Landashir, James Puchowski 14:40, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- User:VTAbenakiMD --Projector for Vedicta 18:39, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Secundomia (talk),(Contributions),(blog),(followed pages) 20:12, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- § A-One § 23:07, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Sumpland --Samana Cay Prime Minister Joseph Wilson: 17:33, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Kyng Fyrst 16:38, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
Voting is very simple, just sign under the user you'd like to vote for, with the four tildes (~~~~). You can only vote once, and no, people cannot vote for themselves. :] Also, no private ballor or stuff like that.
Voting should have started tomorrow morning, but since everything here is ready.. I'll open it now. As a consequence, voting will now close on August 24, at 23.59.59. Remember: do not vote for the pal, or for the ally, but for user who you think can give a hand.
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
- Flandrensis 17:25, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- MaartenGlorie 17:53, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- "''Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici''" 18:26, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Demontux 19:43, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Declan2018 19:45, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Austenasia 19:47, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Projector for Vedicta 14:28, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Francisvillegov 20:14, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Kalvin Koolidge 16:20, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
- QuentinWyvern 16:27, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Brad1201 19:19, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Vitcash 00:54, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Kyng Fyrst 22:09, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Cajak [★MicroWiki Admin★] 16:21, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- James Thomson 17:02, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- James Wilary of the People's reformed States Republic 00:42, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- HMZ Government 02:42, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- aldy@wiki:~$ _ 04:04, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Joe FoxonMicroWiki Admin 08:58, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Adriansyah Yassin Sulaeman,Pres. of LBP 17:10, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Secundomia (talk),(Contributions),(blog),(followed pages) 21:50, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Tom Turner 16:39, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Knight990 22:14, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Eleytheria (T / B / C) 09:43, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
- SerCenKing Talk 10:22, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- HolySalanianEmpire 16:38, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- User:Kingdomofstarland 17:12, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Ken H, Garagstan 19:31, August 17, 2010 (GMT)
- User:cplandashir--Premier of the Antarctic Community of Landashir, James Puchowski 09:03, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- --Yowuza 18:44, August 18, 2010 (UTC) - King Antony I of the Kingdom of Kirbin
- Patryk Adam Bronisz 15:47, August 22, 2010 (UTC)