Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
The term Erusian nationalism (also Erusian micronationalism) is a relatively generic one used to refer to an extreme left-wing, micronational political movement that seeks to promote the development of a strong and independent Erusian state in the form of the Democratic People's Republic of Erusia or, in some rare cases, a Democratic Republic. It is distinct from other micronational nationalist movements in that it has a number of unique defining characteristics not found in most other nationalist ideologies in the micronational community, although there are variations between the two major modern schools of nationalist thought in Erusia. Modern nationalism in Erusia is based heavily on the Communist ideology of Rennie-Gaffneyism, and all leading Erusian nationalists are Communist politicians.
Erusian nationalism can be distinguished from other forms of micronational nationalism in that, due to the history of the numerous Licentian states, it has developed a number of unique defining characteristics alongside those typically associasted with nationalistic political thought. In particular, Erusian nationalism is usually characterised by the following ideas:
- Support for the idea of an independent, sovereign Erusian state as a recognised macronation;
- Support for or adherence to Rennie-Gaffneyism;
- Support for the idea of the Democratic People's Republic as one of the "superpowers" of the MicroWiki Community;
- Belief in the existence of a distinct racial and cultural identity for the Erusian people;
- Staunch support for Republicanism;
- Support for a strong, internationalist foreign policy on the part of Erusia;
- A hardline Socialist but nationalistic foreign policy that serves chiefly the interests of the Democratic People's Republic and her socialist allies;
- Belief in the idea that Erusia is the leading force in the micronational Communist and Socialist community;
- Support for the Erusian National Communist Party;
- Belief that once another micronation has turned Socialist, it is the duty of Erusia to ensure it does not abandon Socialism;
- Staunch opposition to, or contempt for, traditional Licentian culture and politics;
- Rejection of organised religious institutions such as the Roman Catholic Church and the Church of England;
- Strong opposition to trading with capitalistic micronations
Prominent Erusian nationalists
- Robert Lethler - General Secretary of the Erusian National Communist Party and Supreme People's Commissioner of Erusia
- Kai Roosevelt - 2nd Chairwoman of the National Congress and 3rd Premier of Erusia
- Carwyn Jenkins - 1st Chairman of the National Congress and 2nd Premier of Erusia
- Kenneth Maisano - Standing Member of the 3rd Central Committee of the Erusian National Communist Party
- The term "micronational superpower" was first applied to Erusia by New Scientopia and, especially from June 2009 onwards, the idea of Erusia as a superpower has been accepted by the Erusian population.