Treaty on Unification and the Creation of a Federal State
|Treaty on Unification and the Creation of a Federal State|
|Created||April 12, 2013|
|Authors||Migs Caldeo, Karlos Luis Mozo Anioay|
|Signers|| Democratic People's Republic of Urbonia|
Principality of Treisia
|Purpose||To establish the Daikoku Federation|
The Treaty on Unification and the Creation of a Federal State, or the Treaty Between the Democratic People's Republic of Urbonia and the Principality of Treisia on Unification and the Creation of a Federal State as full title, is a document that created the Daikoku Federation. It was drafted and signed by President Migs Caldeo of the Democratic People's Republic of Urbonia and Grand Prince Karlos Luis Mozo Anioay of the Principality of Treisia in a summit held in Shiro-shi, Seidaikei on April 13, 2013.
Causes of the treaty
A coup d'etat and the succeeding Operation Nadeko in the Democratic People's Republic of Urbonia left the country in a state of political instability. Efforts have been made to rehabilitate the government by appointing Patrick Nuguid as prime minister on March 1, 2013.
Prime Minister Nuguid, however, resigned on March 22, and was replaced by Noel Cabe on the same day.
Convinced that political instability would continue in Urbonia, President Migs Caldeo entered into secret negotiations with Grand Prince Karlos Luis Mozo Anioay on the possible creation of a federation. The negotiations resulted in a high-level summit between the two leaders on April 13, with the treaty being signed on the same day.
The treaty contained a preface and 10 articles.
- The preface declared that the Democratic People's Republic of Urbonia and the Principality of Treisia have agreed to form the Daikoku Federation.
- Article 1 states that the federation is to be known as the "Daikokusian Federation", which is later changed to the Daikoku Federation on May 4, with Urbonia and Treisia as its constituent states.
- Article 2 states that the constituent states of the Daikoku Federation shall retain their respective political systems until the approval of a constitution for the Daikoku Federation. The constitutions and laws of Urbonia and Treisia were repealed.
- Article 3 states that the borders of Urbonia and Treisia are no longer valid.
- Article 4 states that Urbonian and Treisian citizens are now "citizens of the Daikokusian Federation".
- Article 5 creates the Federal Executive Commission, the transitional governing body, which is composed of the President of Urbonia and the Grand Prince of Treisia.
- Article 6 merges Shiro-shi, Urbonia and Lusturias, Treisia into one city temporarily named as "Federal District", which later became Seidaikei on April 27. It also stated that the Federal Executive Commission is to establish its headquarters in the Federal District.
- Article 7 suspends all diplomatic agreements by Urbonia and Treisia and makes the Federal Executive Commission the representative of the country in foreign affairs.
- Article 8 states that the Federal Executive Commission shall be responsible for resolving transition issues.
- Article 9 establishes that the constitution of the Daikoku Federation is to be based on the provisions of this treaty.
- Article 10 states that the provision of this treaty is to be enforced immediately, and that this treaty shall serve as the declaration of the establishment of the Daikoku Federation.