Talk:Micropolitan Club and Lounge
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the "Micropolitan Club and Lounge" article.
Proposed article split 29 November 2021
I believe that the Micropolitan Club and Lounge article should be split due to a lack of subject matter focus– with the articles infoboxes and lists being divided between two different organisations. I had previously prepared for an article split, though my edits were referred for allegedly being unproductive.
My proposal is that content related to the organisation known as the The Micropolitan VI be split off into a separate article called Micropolitan VI. This is not to say information related to this group should be removed from the main page, as it is entirely relevant to its history. However, having two clear and focused articles on both subjects would be beneficial.
- Individual infoboxes for both subjects, as opposed to the current mishmash. This too would apply to the staff listing section. This would also allow for accounting the different logos used by the organisations.
- Opportunity for large expansion of MPL6's history, as opposed to being penned in to a small subsection. The articles can be edited to be more tailor made for what they are covering. This would also apply to several differing concepts with regards to membership procedures, positions etc.
As it is likely of relevance to the discussion, I should note that there was previously a page in existence at the Micropolitan VI name, that was deleted on 20 August 2020. Sertor (Chat) 19:02, 29 November 2021 (UTC)
- This seems logical to me. ADAMVS PRIMVS IMPERATOR 20:37, 29 November 2021 (UTC)
- If the article is to be split, this article should be solely about the Skype-era MPL, while Micropolitan VI and Micropolitan@Discord should both be separate articles. Creating a separate article about MPLVI while keeping the information about MPL@Discord here would give the false impression that MPL@Discord is the sole legitimate successor of the Skype-era club, while MPLVI is a splinter group. That said, I don't see the point in creating two new articles either. Yaroslav (talk) 21:39, 29 November 2021 (UTC)
- I agree with Yaroslav. While Sertor makes fair points about splitting the articles, I believe that the Micropolitan Club and Lounge page should then either be a short page about the history of the Skype-era MPLs further linking to the MPL VI and MPL@D OR should be a disambiguation with links to both MPL VI and MPL@D pages. Dionisiy (talk) 12:03, 30 November 2021 (UTC)