Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Kingdom of Krunmark
Sovereign Order of Krunmark
"For King and Crown"
"Hymn of Krunmark"
|Recognised national languages||Spanish|
|Recognised regional languages||Hebrew|
|Government||Aristocratic Executive Monarchy|
|Legislature||Court of Members|
|Sovereign Non-territorial Order|
• Kingdom established
|24 June 2020|
• 2020 estimate
U.S. Dollar (de facto) (USD)
Krunmark, officially the Sovereign Order of Krunmark and sometimes referred to as the Kingdom of Krunmark is a micronational entity and self proclaimed sovereign order which exists under the principals of secular monarchy and is governed as an aristocracy. As a nation, Krunmark operates as an executive monarchy; as such, within the context of the country the King/Queen has final say on all laws, decrees and other such governmental decisions. However, the monarch is advised by a council of noblemen who may put forward and vote on proposals that are then given to the monarch for their approval/rejection. Since the kingdom operates as a sovereign order, it does not officially claim any territory; however, the residence of the royal family acts as de facto land for the country and is known locally as Troneberg.
The realm has had a history forged by tradition and dynastic politics. Since the House of Ross was founded in 2007, they have held many positions within the micronational community, namely within the many incarnations of the Kingdom of Rosston and the successor state to it, Phokland.
Krunmark was founded originally as a nation known as the Crown of Kleinburg. It was created in mid-2020 after the fall of the Phoklandian Free State; the tumultuous collapse of the nation led to the Ross family losing most of their previously held lands to other micronations. Sanctuary was found however within the Holy Roman Empire, of which Phokland had previously been a member. It was decided by the other Princes in the Imperial Diet that the House would be allowed to assert direct control over a hypothetical realm lacking in any physical territory. In essence, a new feudal state would be founded based purely around it's royal family; doing this would grant the Ross's the ability to exercise political power within the Empire on a dynastic level without having to fully commit to the creation of a brand new state.
With this in mind, work begun to create the new pseudo-nation and at exactly midnight (MST) on the 28th day in April of 2020, the Crown of Kleinburg would officially come in to being.
The new country struggled to get off of the ground with virtually no activity continuing past the first week of existence. The final nail in the coffin came in May of 2020 when the head of the project, Charles Ross left to join the Commonwealth of Dracul. It was not long after this that Kleinburg entered into extended inactivity culminating in the state being declared officially defunct in June.
Following the collapse of Kleinburg, the nation's remaining assets were transferred to the control of Ross' friend Moses Ben-Zion who assumed control over the state, taking the reigning name of Samson I. Following this, the nation was reactivated and the name was changed to Krunmark. Krunmark officially came into existence in it's current form on 24 June 2020 at exactly midnight (MST).
The government of the order functions as an executive monarchy under the structure of secular aristocratic/merit based right with the monarch being granted his power by the approval of his court. Thusly speaking, the monarch of the nation can in theory be removed by a majority decision in court; however in practice this is next to impossible given the royal family's elevated position within Krunmark.
The royal court of Krunmark acts as a de facto parliament and is headed by an individual known as the Royal Minister. They act as the monarch's chief advisor and is tasked with organizing and managing the day-to-day actions of the court. The Royal Minister is additionally tasked with seeing sure that all laws and royal decrees are followed.
The Krunish monarchy is a pivotal part of the nation's culture and governance. At present, the ruler is His Majesty, King Samson I of the House of Ben-Zion.
As the state is a Sovereign Order, individuals who join are able to make their way up the different ranks in the order thus increasing their status within Krunmark.
Membership within the order is open to all individuals of good moral standard who are 16 years of age or older and who are sponsored/recommended by an existing member. Additionally, membership is hereditary meaning that all direct decedents of a member qualify for membership. There are multiple levels within the state that a member may reach within the order, these include...
- Monarch - Highest level within the order, the holder of which is considered the sovergin of the micronation of Krunmark and has final say over all legislation made by the state.
- Grand Master - Head of the order itself, this role is most often held either in conjunction with the role of monarch or by the eldest child of the monarch.
- Prince - The close relatives of the monarch qualify for the role of either Prince or Princess based on personal preference.
- Lord - The highest level attainable by regular members, holders of this role are granted voting rights within the royal court and have the ability to commission Squires as 2nd class Knights with the monarch's approval.
- Knight 1st Class - The highest level of knighthood, individuals holding this rank are granted greater respect within the order and may propose new acts of legislation within the royal court. Additionally, if the holder serves in Krunmark's military, they are given the status of an "Officer".
- Knight 2nd Class - The lowest commissioned level within the order given to all new members of or above the age of 16. Individuals within this role have limited rights within the order but may become apprentices of 1st class Knights and Lords in order to gain experience and increase the likelihood of promotion by the monarch. If a Knight 2nd Class serves in Krunmark's military, they are given the status of an enlisted soldier.
- Squire - Squires are exclusively the decedents of existing members who have not yet reached the age of 16. Once they reach that age, they may appeal to a Lord and request their support in becoming 2nd class Knights. Holders of this title are granted no legal rights or abilities and may not serve in the military until the age of 16, at which point they hold the status of a recruit until promoted to a Knighthood. Relatives and decedents of the monarch are exempt from this role regardless of age and are always considered Princes but are unable to act on their rights until they turn a minimum of 13 years of age at which point they may propose legislation; they may begin to fully participate in the kingdom upon reaching the age of 16.
At present, the kingdom holds relations almost exclusively within the HRE; however, the state additionally receives unilateral recognition from the Commonwealth of Naveria and the Khanate of Nedland; both of whom are considered to be an allies.
The culture of the nation is heavily based on several medieval European traditions combined with contemporary American pop-culture. A heavy emphasis has been placed on mimicking both German and ancient Byzantine traditions with a stylized "court culture" comparable to that which existed in France during the 17th and 18th centuries.