International Agricultural Development Pact/Charter
|This article has no relevant categories. Please help MicroWiki by adding a category to this page and removing this template.|
Recognising the importance of agriculture in the development of a nation and its economy;
Recognising the improved results which may be achieved from co-operating with other nations in the pursuit of a given field;
And recognising the value of a common, collaborative approach to finding solutions to the problems which our nations may face;
We hereby resolve to form a pact of nations united in our desire for development of our respective agricultural sectors, and do agree to the following as the basis for such a pact:
1 - Purpose and Objectives
- A) The purpose of the International Agricultural Development Pact will be to promote the agricultural sector as a vital economic sector.
- B) The pact shall strive to promote partial self-sufficiency, environmental awareness and traditional agricultural skills like seed saving and manual cultivation.
- C) The pact will facilitate the exchange of information and materials to the common benefit of all signatory nations.
2 - Organisational Structure
- A) The pact shall have no set leader or leading nation, it shall instead have a co-operative nature where responsibility to run the organisation is shared.
- B) The pact shall communicate in a group communication medium where delegations can converse in real time.
3 - Membership
- A) Any nation may become a member of the pact by ratifying this treaty in accordance with their laws on treaty ratification. Their membership shall then be confirmed by a majority vote of all members.
- B) Any nation may be removed from the pact by a majority vote of all members.
- C) Any nation may withdraw from the pact voluntarily by annulling the treaty in accordance with their laws on international treaties, and giving advanced notice to the pact.
4 - Activities of the Pact
- A) The primary activity of the pact will be to provide a venue for the exchange of information related to agriculture, and allowing nations to assist with each others’ endeavours.
- B) The pact shall provide a facility for the exchanging of seeds among member states, with a central record to be kept of the available seed stocks of member states
- C) The pact shall promote organic agriculture through the collective efforts of its member states.
- D) The pact will publish a quarterly journal in which the progress made by member states can be detailed, along with future plans, advisory columns and data.
|Empire of Pacem||1 May 2016||Inactive|
|Kingdom of Überstadt||9 May 2016||Member (founder)|
|Kingdom of Elsanor||13 May 2016||Member (founder and former chair)|
|Democratic Kingdom of Mallanor||19 May 2016 signed but never ratified||Defunct (founder)|
|Confederation of Leylandiistan & Gurvata||21 May 2016||Defunct (founder)|
|Senatorial Republic of Timeria||24 May 2016||Inactive|
|Republic of Roseland||26 May 2016||Defunct (founder)|
|Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic||30 May 2016||Member (founder and chair)|
|Shorewellese Empire||24 August 2016||Member (former chair)|
|Kingdom of Coria||19 November 2016||Member|
|Popular Union of Occitania||30 December 2016||Member|
|Democratic Nation of Duaktoserija||10 January 2017||Defunct|
|First Breckland Empire||10 January 2017||Defunct|
|Khanate of Nedland||11 January 2017||Defunct|
|State of Koss||17 January 2017||Member|
|Democratic Peoples Republic of Farrar||8 February 2017||Defunct|
|Empire of Aenopia||13 April 2020||Active|