Colonial Alliance Project
|Non-Ratified Flag of the Colonial Alliance|
|Motto: memores acti prudentes futuri|
Anthem: Anthem of the Colonial Alliance
|Citizens/Advisers:||~35 over 8 years|
|Age of Liberty:||Age: 12|
The Colonial Alliance is a conceptual micronation envisioned by Brian Knight in 1990. His vision will eventually consist of three separate colonial nations: Tollana, Colona and Atlantica. The reality and determination of this project became official in 2005, with the establishment of a web presence in early 2006. The Colonial Alliance Project is currently seeking advisers as well as potential citizens.
Please remember that the Colonial Alliance is a conceptional micronational project, the details of this article may change as more citizens join the nation and the laws, bills, initiatives and our Constitution is ratified.
As with any micronation, the legitimacy of the nation is in question. The Colonial Alliance Project maintains its real world goal of creating a legitimate nation and to the pursuit of international recognition.
The Colonial Alliance Project
Currently (DEC. 2008), The Colonial Alliance Project is planning its first colonial city. Until it is ratified or rejected by the citizenship of the colony, the name of this colony will be Tollana.
Citizens of the Colonial Alliance and its colonies are Egalitarians, Anti-Capitalists, socialists and some say Anarchists. Colonial citizens believe that all individuals should be absolute equals regardless of social standing and their differences, these being the basis for Egalitarianism. Citizens are Anti-Capitalists because the citizens as a society reject the greed and corruption that is often inherent with capitalism. Citizens of the Alliance are somewhat Anarchists because we reject any form of totalitarian government, we believe that absolute power should resign with the citizenship.
Colonial Alliance citizens are also called agnostic, because we believe in the absolute separation of church in state. The Colonial Alliance is a true democracy; all citizens participate in all facets of government.
The Colonial Alliance believe that Human Rights Law are unquestionably sound, and should not be violated by any government or public entity. The United Nations General Assembly over fifty years ago signed into effect the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Resolution 217A.
Although citizens of the Alliance are anti-capitalist, and desire to have a country which supports those beliefs, we do understand that we'll need financial support to create our colony, because we find it unlikely that any nation on Earth would grant us territorial land rights to and unpopulated land mass in their possession. If you are interested in donating, send an email to CPC@colonialalliance.org.
In the interim of the provisional government, fifteen permanent Colonial citizens shall make up the Colonial Planning Council. The Planning Council shall be charged with the mission of conducting the standard duties of the Administrative Command as well as the Colonial Council and the writing of the Provisional Laws which will later become the duty of citizens of the Alliance and its colonies.
Permanent ratifications can not be achieved, without the 90% majority vote of at least 125 permanent Colonial Citizens.
Housing and Living
Tollana is envisioned to be a island nation, located somewhere in the western hemisphere, perhaps located near Central America. The first colonial island nation we are looking to colonize should be an approximate to Cerralvo Island; approximately 31 kilometers long and 8 kilometers wide, given plenty of room for growth.
It is conceived that the citizenship will work, play and live in what has been termed the 'HUB'. The HUB is envisioned to be one of Earth's first mega-building standing over two kilometers tall and up to a half kilometer in diameter, capable of housing anywhere from 150,000 citizens to 2,500,000 citizens; perhaps more. Until such time as the HUB is completed, colonist shall reside and labor in interconnecting modular shelters.
Tollana will use Aeroponic Green Houses to grow all our food stuffs for the colonies citizens. Meat protein will be imported until such time as in-vitro meats become a more reliable source of meat stuffs.
Tollana will house a mega super computer  which will have the ability to operate at about 196 petaFLOPS per processing core module and will have the capacity to store more than 1.5 kiloquads of data, the equivalent to a storage capacity of 1,000,000 terabytes or 10,000 LOC's (Libraries of Congress) per, memory storage module. The Tollana nation will be able to house Earths largest repositories of data. It will be able to store all the information in all the library's on Earth as well as every film, song and peace of art. The operating system will have a proprietary operating system, the same will be true with the physical hardware and it will also require that all the colonies connecting terminals be compatible. Most data contained within the Alliances database will be free to the world. It is also idealized that the computer core consist of 250,000,000 high-speed bi-directional digital data channels with a bandwidth capacity of 375 exabytes per second.
The power supply for the colony will consist of between three and twenty-four Tokamak Fusion Reactors , which will supply anywhere from 1,650 Megawatts up to approximately 39.6 Terawatts of clean power per hour. In addition other power generation methods will be employed to cover the needs of our nation; some of which will include geothermal power, solar power, dual wind and marine current power stations, and hydrogen fuel cells to power all vehicles and crafts which do not use any other clean power source.
As a nation bent on science, technology and knowledge, our nation will have their own satellites . Tollana and the Colonial Alliance plans to launch several satellites into orbit. These satellites will have approximately 25 million high-speed bi-directional digital data channels with Tollana's Administrative Command. Tollana's satellites should include a Command Satellite, as well as Communication Satellites, Earth Observation Satellites, Weather Satellites, and Reconnaissance Satellites.
Tollana will make use of advance RFID implant technologies for access control, locating citizens and Command personnel in cases of emergency and to access citizens encrypted medical data. It is also hoped that in time this device will monitor a citizens health and report when there is a problem. This is probably the most controversial subjects included in the Colonial Alliance Project, especially amongst those with strong religious convictions, but it is felt that a happy medium could be achieved were all can be receptive of it.
First Constitutional Right
All citizens are granted the freedom of peaceful liberty, and the freedom to express themselves in any manner they see fit and to exercise full power of dominion and sovereignty over their lives without the interference of the government and/or any other citizen regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, color, religion, or creed.
The government of the Colonial Alliance shall not abridge nor deny a citizens First Constitutional Right, nor shall the government be allowed to revoke in full or in part a citizens First Constitutional Right without all due process. No citizen of the Colonial Alliance shall interfere or violate another citizens First Constitutional Right at any time.
At no time can a citizens First Constitutional Right be rescinded or denied through the enactment of law nor by decree of the Colonial Council.
[Needs Revision and Ratification by the citizens of the Alliance.]
Citizens within the Colonial Alliance have the unwavering belief that all citizens should be equals regardless of their position or differences; citizens also believe in tolerance, personal freedom and absolute liberty.
Citizens of the colonies are against capitalistic greed, and therefore have decided not to have a standard economic system as is generally accepted.
The culture of the Colonial Alliance derives from the pursuit of knowledge, technology, scientific advancements and artistic expression.
As with any nation, social sporting activities are apart of colonial life; of these activities those thank rant amongst the most popular will be the martial arts combat techniques known as Anbo-jyutsu.
These are the conceptual colonies that will be member nations of the Colonial Alliance. Each of these nations are permanent members of the Colonial Alliance and are not treaty union nations.
- Tollana ta▪lawn▪a [ Citizens: Tollans ] - Tollana will most likely be the first in a series of colonial nations planned. Tollana will be the capital nation of the Alliance, and will house the Colonial Council as well as diplomats from other worldly nations. Tollana will most likely be located in the western hemisphere.
- Colona ca▪lone▪a [ Citizens: Colonans ] - Colona will most likely be the second in a series of colonial nations planned. Colona will most likely be located in the eastern hemisphere.
- Atlantica at▪lan▪tic▪ka [ Citizens: Atlanticans, Atlantians or Altantins ] - Atlantica will most likely be the third in a series of colonial nations planned. Atlantica will most likely be the Earths first self-contained sub-oceanic colony. It will primarily be the home-base for deep sea science and exploration.
- Luntara lun▪tar▪a [ Citizens: Luntarians ] - For some time it has been imagined that the Colonial Alliance would have a extra-teresterial colony, and this would be it. It's location has not yet been determined, and the name of this colony has not yet been ratified by the citizens of the Alliance.
The government of the Alliance is the smallest level of government possible, it consists of a Colonial Council and a limited Administrative Command. Citizens of the Colonial Alliance believes that the strongest government needs to be the government which they are closer to and can participate in, not one located a distance away.
Administrative Command - The Administrative Command at the alliance level is somewhat limited; it consists of the highest ranking Administrative Command personnel. The Admiral is appointed by the Colonial Council and is charged with the duties of coordinating the cooperative efforts of the Colonial Alliance.
Colonial Council - The Colonial Council consists of 15 elected citizens within the Alliance. The Colonial Council is an equivalent to America's Supreme Court where it is the highest judicial powers. Its duties consists of oversight over all other Councils, as well as the oversight of the Administrative Command of the alliance. The Colonial Alliance is for the purpose of creating a common council which addresses the interests of all the citizens within the Alliance. The Colonial Councils first duty is to protect the citizens of the Alliance by protecting the Constitution of the Colonial Alliance.
Command and Civilian Departments within the Colonial Alliance are listed below. Some of the Departments are contain only within the colonies themselves and not at the national level. Also shown below are the oversight councils for specific Departments.
- Administrative Command Council (CIV)
- Council of Foreign Trade and Commerce (CIV)
- Department of Scientific Discoveries (COM)
- Department of Geological Sciences (COM)
- Colonial Science Council (COM/CIV)
- Department of Colonial Security (COM)
- Department of Forensic Investigation (CIV)
- Colonial Security Council (COM/CIV)
- Colonial Medical Council (COM/CIV)
- Department of Agriculture and Staple Foods (COM/CIV)
- Department of Labor and Housing (COM/CIV)
- Department of Engineering and Utilities (COM)
- Department of Health and Medicine (COM)
- Department of Colonial Land Management (COM/CIV)
- Department of Education (CIV)
- Colonial Council of Academia (COM/CIV)
By the time a citizen reaches the age of liberty, that citizen should be able to decide which higher educational interest they wish to pursue, wither in the realm of science, medicine, art, command, etc. As such, this point will be the point were citizens break away from their elementary education, and beginning their advanced education. To help with citizens achieve a higher level of advancement, knowledge and wisdom, the Colonial Council of Academia and the Department of Education have chartered the following schools.
- Academy of Science
- Academy of Medicine
- Institute of the Arts
- Colonial Command Academy
- Specialized Command Training
- Medical Service and Aid Training
- Technical Service Training
- Higher Command Training
- Advanced Tactical Training
- Specialized Command Training
- Email Address: email@example.com
- MSN Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org - No Emails!
- Myspace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/colonialalliance
- CPC Press: A Letter to World Leaders
- The Official Colonial Alliance Website
- The Colonial Alliance Planning Council Website
- The Colonial Alliance Planning Council Forum
- Colonial Alliance Conceptual Website - This is the conceptual blackboard for the Colonial Alliance and the colonial nations Tollana, Colona and Atlantica. This is were ideas are considered and ratified in developmental time of the Colonial Alliance Project.
- The Colonial Nation of Tollana - Not Yet Established! - This is the official colonial website for the micronational country of Tollana, a recognized sovereign member of the Colonial Alliance.