Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Political parties of Juclandia
This article is part of the series:
| King of Juclandia|
Great National Assembly
Juclandia is a multi-party democracy. With a greater number of factions, Juclandia has developed numerous political parties, their number being currently situated at five, out of which all are part of the Great National Assembly. Despite their number, they are grouped in three wider factions: Socialists, Conservatives and Liberals. The parties activate mostly in the Juclandia Region, Cipimania being a non-partisan direct democracy.
Usually all parties that compete in an election get seats in the Great National Assembly, the Law requiring an electoral threshold of 5% (9 votes). Because of the system, since the multi-party era started, all Governments were formed by coalitions.
List of current parties
|Party||Logo||Short name||Leader||Foundation Date|| Position
|Colours||Great National Assembly|
|Popular Unity Front||FUP / FRUNIP||Ovia Bogi||February 23, 2014||The Left||purple|
|United Revolutionary Front||FRU / FREVUN||Gori Jucărescu||June 3, 2013||The Right||dark red|
|Democratic Renewal Front||FRD / FREDEM||Leo Libereanu||August 8, 2012||The Centre||green|
|Union of Independent Citizens||Independents||N/A||January 15, 2015||N/A||light gray|
*The number of members is equal with the number of seats in the Great National Assembly
Before the political system was reshuffled in 2014, there were five parties that promoted traditional ideologies. In 2014, Juclandia's society adopted new, non-traditional ideologies that fit better with Juclandian philosophy and culture.
- Communist Party of Juclandia, left-wing, eurocommunism
- Democratic Party, center-right, conservative liberalism
- Socialist Christian-Democratic Party, left-wing, democratic socialism, christian socialism
- Liberal Alliance, centrism, liberalism
- New Democracy - Christian-Democratic, right-wing, conservatism, christian democracy
Throughout Juclandia's history, the following parties also existed:
- Communist Christian-Democratic Ecologist Party - predecessor to the Socialist Christian-Democratic Party;
- Christian Democratic Union - merged with New Democracy to form New Democracy - Christian-Democratic in 2012;
- New Democracy Movement - merged with the Christian Democratic Union to form ND-CD;
- Liberal Democratic Party - merged with the National Liberal Party to form the Democratic Liberal Ecologist Party;
- National Liberal Party (Ecologist) - merged with the Liberal Democratic Party to form the Democratic Liberal Ecologist Party;
- Liberal Democratic Ecologist Party - merged with independent organisations to form the Liberal Alliance;
- National Reform Party - absorbed by the Socialist Christian-Democratic Party;
- Conservative Party - absorbed by the Democratic Party;
- National Peasants' Party - absorbed by the National Liberal Party