Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Talk:Grand Unified Micronational
- 1 Resources
- 2 Chair elections, June 2018
- 3 Votes
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Prejudice and Voting
- 6 Comments
Micronationalism Guide drafts
Readers are invited to suggest edits.
- Constitutions and forms of government, primary author Adam I of Überstadt
- Guide to legislation, primary author Horatio Eden of the Edenic Compact
- Diplomabear host rota
- I GUM Quarterly Statistical Report (May - July 2017)
- II GUM Quarterly Statistical Report (July - September 2017)
Chair elections, June 2018
Nominations open 16 June at 08:00 UTC, and close at 07:59 UTC on 23 June. Campaigning will last from 08:00 UTC on 23 June to 07:59 UTC on 30 June. Voting will open on 30 June at 08:00 UTC and close at 07:59 UTC on 7 July. At 08:00 UTC on 7 July, the winner will take office.
- Name, Republic of Example
VOTING (opens 08:00 UTC on 30 June)
- Emperor Adam I, Empire of Adammia
- None of the above
All votes will close on 12 August at 20:00 UTC.
Motion: That the Amissopian Federation be admitted as a full member
Motion: That the Iustus Republic be admitted as a full member
Motion: That the Nemkhav Federation be admitted as a full member
|Grand Unified Micronational: 8 October Quorum, 21:00 UTC (22:00 BST / 17:00 EDT / 14:00 PDT / 9 September 07:00 AEST)|
Venue: Skype Room
Please feel free to add things you wish to be discussed about, all issues, events and other comments, below. Please do elaborate on what it is that you want to be discussed or voted on.
- A vote is long overdue on the provisional membership of POSAF. Austenasia (talk) 08:22, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
Prejudice and Voting
I find it such a coincidence that a country with less experience and overall MicroWiki knowledge got a FULL MEMBERSHIP, while a better developed country was opposed because of prejudices from previous events. I suggest taking in what’s happening now and to not trust fake drama, as that can greatly affect your reputation in the Micronational World. Let me just say that I was NEVER notified about the vote for Andany, which I find quite wrong. It is not of my importance if others made it into the GUM, but they are more new and you guys didn’t even know who they were since before New Years. Some that were just voted in were literally founded right after New Years, while Andany was founded 8 MONTHS AGO. I’m redoing the application, as I think it is unfair from previous events and no reliable sources other than SCREENSHOTS. I’m 99.999% sure global media doesn’t use screenshots as a source to spread an idea/rumor; so why does MicroWiki have an exception. That’s just my opinion, and judging from the amount of people that visit my website, I can tell that Andany is getting more popular. It is disappointing that Andany didn’t make it this time, but really? Half the country’s that were just admitted don’t even have more than 3 paragraphs of text in regards to the newly founded country; yet, a country with 13 full pages of text for the main article and with way more experience is denied entry from rumors?! I just find that amusingly shocking; in a way, somewhat judgemental. I just hope this organization gets newer people, as there’s literally been NO activity until now. This long paragraph still doesn’t explain my thoughts as to why I wasn’t notified, why newer countries made it, and A TON more. I kind of expect a response from a person with relations to the GUM, a.k.a. an EXPERIENCED GUM member, not one that was founded 1 month ago.
- P.S., you MAY say “No, but MicroWiki isn’t an exception!”. Well if your statement is true, then how come a scandal article was let in MicroWiki for almost a week? It says news for a REASON!, not “SCANDALIST ARTICLES WITH UNRELIABLE SOURCES HERE”. Apparently that can happen here. I just hope this issue get resolved, as ONE FALSE article, of which later was deleted and apologized for, will NOT change an entire reputation. Like I said, you could’ve thought that; not saying you did. But still, that’s messed up...
- P.P.S, I’ve also been helping the community. Thanks to my recent download of Photoshop, I’ve helped Posaf, one of your recent members, and nine other people with making personalized countryballs, custom logos, and even 3D vectorized flags. Since you guys in the GUM wouldn’t know, besides maybe Posaf saying it, I AM HERE TO TELL YOU, as I think it is sadly necessary to explain and say. Everyone is over here thanking me for these thing; yesterday alone, I made 4 3D flag renderings, not to mention that I made the 10 COUNTRYBALLS in ONE day. That’s just to show I care about people here, and even through our hardships, I’ve still managed to make the People's Republic of Duke their flag, which made me a “hero” and was greatly praised for something most of you probably take advantage of; a flag. I am ALSO doing the 2018 Micronational Games RIGHT NOW. I organized and planned an entire ceremony, which you can view in the other news area (BTW if you click the article, click the first “here”). I actually put in time and effort into micronationalism; in total counted, 80+ hours on a device or machine (PC) writing articles, creating/editing websites, or making PNG images for me and/or others. In easier terms, it’s as I feel a I spent 3 and a third days on a computer NONSTOP, not to mention I just got a notice from the Wiki saying “CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1,000TH EDIT”. I hope you guys understand my situation and standpoint from now and on.
- You have to understand not everyone was for the Principality of Squamily and Friends joining, it was 4-0-'3'. Also writing this on the talk page will most likly lessen your chances of being a member now. (talk) 11:06 , 28 March 2018 (UTC)
- Speaking as one of those micronations who were founded after New Years and have only a paragraph of info: it's really about experience and about your standing. New Providence may be young, but the person behind it (me) has been a micronationalist since 2005. I also would like to point out that one of the purposes of the GUM is to help newer micronations get in touch with the more senior members of the community. The GUM is simply there to bridge the gap between old and new, via diplomacy, and is probably why Squamily was admitted. It also helps that they have a clear record in the community. Although I can tell you that I've had my bad moments in the community as well, and for a long time I believe most of the GUM membership despised me. You just have to show everyone your a good person and be chill.
- Suzuki, I agree with you 100% and literally all that you stated above. I didn't know that you have been doing this since I was born, which I find astonishing! I will take your advice from the message above by showing I'm a good person and to be chill. Thanks so much!
- Andany Gov (talk) 01:15, 29 March 2018 (UTC)
Dear GUM, we've seen that Iustus has not been accepted into GUM. We fully understand from what Nicholas Randouler has told us and we will change what we did. We will apply again in a month-or-so, is that ok? - Iustus State