Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Talk:Grand Unified Micronational
Micronationalism Guide drafts
Readers are invited to suggest edits.
- Constitutions and forms of government, primary author Adam I of Überstadt
- Guide to legislation, primary author Horatio Eden of the Edenic Compact
- Diplomabear host rota
- I GUM Quarterly Statistical Report (May - July 2017)
- II GUM Quarterly Statistical Report (July - September 2017)
GUM Chair election, December 2017
- 3rd December - Nominations open
- 10th December - Nominations close; campaigning starts
- 17th December - Campaigning ends; voting starts
- 24th December - Voting ends; new term winner takes office as 27th Chair
The rules for nominations and voting, as always, are as follows:
- Only registered delegates may stand for Chair - not nations.
- Voting may be done publicly or by private ballot to the Chairman.
- Any delegate is entitled to run for Chair, with the exception of the Supreme Justice.
- Only delegations of full members may vote.
- Member states have one vote.
- Any candidate can withdraw their nomination at any time.
- Candidates must nominate themselves, or must have been nominated by the sitting Chairman at their request.
- Elections use the first past the post voting system. The candidate with the highest number of votes wins. If the election goes to deadlock, a run-off is held between the tied candidates. The winner takes office at 00:01 UTC on 25 December 2017.
- The Vice-Chair shall be appointed in the following way: the newly elected Chair shall select a delegate, who must be confirmed as Vice-Chair by the Quorum to be appointed as such. If the Quorum does not, then the Chair shall select other delegates until the Quorum accepts one. In this way, the holder of the office shall enjoy the confidence both of the Chair and of the Quorum as a whole.
If you wish to nominate a candidate for election, either:
- Put the name of your candidate under the nomination heading below (new names always go at the bottom of the list)
- Message the name of your candidate to Henry Clément (via Skype).
Charter Amendment 2017
In the Quorum of December 10th, it was decided for an amendment to the Charter to be proposed. For this amendment to pass, it must have the support of
- the Chair,
- the Supreme Justice, and
- a super-majority of at least two thirds of all full members.
The motion containing the amendment is below. Please place the name of your nation and whether or not you support the amendment underneath the motion. If you would rather cast a private vote, please contact the Chair via Skype, Facebook, or Forum inbox and he will place an anonymous ballot.
That text within article III, chapter III, section (g) of the Charter of the Grand Unified Micronational be amended from "two weeks" to "month," that a section (j) be added to the same chapter reading: "The Chair may be compelled by a petition of one half of full members to hold a Quroum within one week of receiving such petition," and that a section (g) be added to article V, chapter III reading "The fourth amendment to this Charter was made X December 2017, and consisted of the revision of chapter III.g of article III and the addition of chapter III.j to the same chapter."
|Grand Unified Micronational: 10th December Quorum, 21:30 UTC|
Venue: Skype Room
Please feel free to add things you wish to be discussed about, all issues, events and other comments, below. Please do elaborate on what it is that you want to be discussed or voted on.
To be frank, the GUM needs more energy. Long text meetings are tedious and pointless at times. We believe that this comes from an aversion to dealing with Micronational or even the general micronational community's issues.
We propose this is solved by the three proposals below.
1.Office for Community Affairs
The Grand Unified Micronational is separate from the MicroWiki Community, I know. The truth however is that we use the wiki and most members are part of the community. I believe that we need to be more involved in the MicroWiki Community and the other communities (the Facebook is a big untapped group). By having an Office dedicated to making sure we have outreach in these Communities we can know when to step in if needed.
The GUM should be able to join other organizations as an observer. Many international organizations can observe in other ones. For example, the EU is an observer to the UN. This will benefit the GUM by allowing us to be able to truly know the community and represent our interests better.
Saying this, the GUM should allow other organisations to observe including NGOs. Allowing Inter-Micronational and Non-Governmental organizations to have their say in the GUM would provide more cohesion between many groups. Also the NGOs might be able to assist the GUM Secretariats when needed.
"Advisory instead of guides"
The micronations guides, while a good idea are not being as useful as they can be. They require a lot of work and mostly contain basic advice and generalizations. So, instead of the guides we would have a Micronational Advisory.
The Micronational Advisory would be quite like Big Brother Big Sister. A well established micronation (a member) would get paired with a smaller or new micronation. The larger micronation would then advise the smaller one to getting more established.
We would compile online resources and documents for better micronational development from developed states. Constitutions, Records, Advice, Art, anything that could help. Basically what the Micronational Historical Society tried to do.
The GUM's website, or a separate site/the wiki, would be used to store documents and artifacts submitted by members of the GUM. For example, Jupiter's Records Office can give scanned originals of our first consititution and our most recent version to show how we updated and changed. Then a new micronation can see if they need to change anything in their constitution.
I'll admit, the NC movement hurt our view a little. Sometimes we are elitists, it took Jupiter three applications before we were accepted. While a stable member base is needed and wanted, every applicant can bring something to the table. For example , the GUM denied a Sandus application because of the "feud" for lack of a better word with one member state.
To have a better image we need to reach out to members we think would bring something to the table instead of them coming to us. If there are micronations that would help this organization then let them join. For example: Molossia or all the countries in MicroFrancophonie (I know UPO is in MicroFrancophonie).
Please consider my nation's proposals.