Talk:Grand Duchy of St.Clemens
|Royal Senate of St.Clemens: 16 July 2016, 20:00 BST|
Venue: Skype Room
Feel free to add topics you wish to be discussed in the upcoming session below. The topics will be analyzed by the President and assembled into the agenda if appropriate. Only post your ideas for topics to be discussed below.
All bills passed into law in one of the two chambers of government will be compiled here. To input passed resolutions, write a one sentence description of what the bill is and, in bold write the vote total i.e. Support, Oppose, and Abstain.
Senate: 13 July 2016
- For the establishment of an embassy with the Abeldane Empire and the commencement of formal relations between said state. 3 support
- For the establishment of an embassy with the State of Nedland and the commencement of formal relations between said state. 3 support
- For the establishment of an embassy with Karnia-Ruthenia and the commencement of formal relations between said state. 3 support
- For the establishment of an Order of Chivalry entitled the Order of Saint Clemens to replace the Order of the Silver Fern. 3 support
- That Senator Stephen Freayth be confirmed as the first Senatorial President of Saint Clemens. 5 support, 1 oppose
Government of St.Clemens
The head of the St.Clemens House of Commons, the First Minister, becomes the official head of the St.Clementian Government by default. Following, the Grand Duke appoints a cabinet from the advice of the First Minister. There is no term limit for any member of the Government, rather it is handled at the discretion of the Grand Duke and the First Minister.
1st Government - Viscount Jr I
The Viscount Jr government is the first Clementian Government. The Jr government was placed into office before the creation of political parties and before the Constitutional Amendment providing for the Royal Senate. Despite the lack of official political affiliation, the cabinet includes HRH Henry and Earl Wu, both moderate libertarians.
|Office||Name||Party||In office since||Term end|
|First Minister||Viscount Carl Jr||None||22 June 2016||Incumbent|
|Deputy First Minister||HRH Henry I||None||22 June 2016||Incumbent|
|Minister of Foreign Affairs||Earl Brandon Wu||None||25 June 2016||Incumbent|
Meetings of Parliament under the Jr Government:
- (C) 23rd of June Meeting:
Oversaw the appointment of the Government.
The Ratification of the GUM Charter.
- (C) 4th of July Meeting:
Set the dates for the National Flag Referendum.
- (C) 12-13th of July Meeting:
Ratified the Amendment which created the Royal Senate.
- (S) 13th of July Meeting:
Saw the opening of relations with Abelden, Nedland, and Karnia-Ruthenia.
The election of Stephen Freayth as Senatorial President.