|Emperor of Norfolk Empire|
HIM Emperor Jason Norfolk I
|Style||His Imperial Majesty|
|Heir presumptive||HRH Prince Cooper Norfolk I|
|First monarch||HIM Emperor Jason Norfolk I|
|Formation||25 June 2019|
The Norish Monarchy, which is commonly referred to as His/Her Imperial Majesty, is the political institution comprising a Monarch of the Norfolk Empire and the Royal Family of the Norfolk Empire. The Monarch, which has males titled as Emperor and females as Empress, is the head of state of the Norfolk Empire, meaning the have the majority of the legislative powers in the Norfolk Empire. The first and current Monarch is HIM Emperor Jason Norfolk I, who has held the Throne since 25 June 2019, the founding of the Norfolk Empire.
According to the Norish constitution, the Monarch has sole control over the following:
- The power to issue Royal Decrees .
- The power to veto acts of parliament by not approving the bill.
- The power to give new citizens or subdivision owners titles.
- The power to appoint the judges of the High Court.
- The power to regulate commerce with foreign macronations and micronations.
- The power to establish a uniform rule of naturalization.
- The power to establish uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the Norfolk Empire.
- The power to provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current currency of the Norfolk Empire.
- The power to establish post offices and post roads.
- The power to declare war.
- The power to grant letters of marque and reprisal.
- The power to make rules concerning captures on land and water.
- The power to provide and maintain a navy.
- The power to make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces.
- The power to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the military, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the Norfolk Empire, reserving to the subdivisions respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Parliament.
- The power to exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such subdivision as may, by cession of particular subdivision, the acceptance of Parliament, become the seat of the government of the Norfolk Empire.
- The power to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the Duke and Duchess of the subdivision in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings.
List of Monarchs
|Image||Name||Born||Became Monarch||Ceased to be Monarch||Relation to previous Monarch||House||Personal emblem|
|HIM Emperor Jason Norfolk I||1973||25 June 2019||Incumbent||Throne established||Norfolk|
Although a coronation is not needed for the Monarch to either ascend to the Throne or to start ruling, as HIM Emperor Jason Norfolk I did not have a coronation, some could choose to have a coronation.
Line of Succession
The Throne is intended to be inherited through whoever is the oldest relative that the Emperor has chosen to become their successor. When the Line of Succession reaches the end of those related to the Monarch by blood, it passes to their spouse and to their relatives.
The following is the current Line of Succession to the Throne of the Norfolk Empire. Upon the death or abdication of the Monarch, the Throne shall pass to the next eligible person in the Line of Succession: