Myrotanian Act 4
Act 4 - Rights was first passed on 11 May 2013 and was most recently revised on 7 May 2014.
1. Every human is free to do or not to do whatever he or she wants, within the law. Each individual human is responsible for their own individual acts that were freely chosen to be done.
2. Slavery is abolished
3. Anyone over the age of fourteen may be imprisoned for acting against the laws set by the Emperor, dependant on the crime. The severity of this is judged by the judge of the court.
4. Anyone over the age of seven (non-Catholic) or any Catholic that has completed his First Reconciliation may be fined for acting against the laws set by the Emperor, dependant, once again, on the crime. The severity of this is also judged by the judge of the court.
5. Every human has the right to believe in a certain religion. Children under the age of fourteen, however, may not change the religion with which they were brought up without the full consent of their parents.
6. Every man has the right to marry a woman, given that both parties consent of this. The male must have completed his sixteenth year and the woman her fourteenth year. The woman retains her birth surname along with taking the man's surname.
7. One must be married in order to engage in sexual intercourse.
8. By law, to be homosexual is to engage in same-sex acts or to have an openly homosexual lifestyle. This is a crime.
9. The age of majority is 18.
Empire of Myrotania