Kingdom of New Paloma
This article refers to a micronation or element of micronationalism which is defunct and no longer exists. You can help make the article reflect that or ask on the talk page for further information.
Kingdom of New Paloma
|Motto: "Liberté et Souveraineté!" (French)|
"¡Libertad y Soberanía!" (Spanish)
"Liberty and Sovereignty!"
|Government||Unitary constitutional popular monarchy|
• Prime Minister
|Legislature||Council of Ministers|
|20 April 2020|
• Treaty of San Souci ratified
|27 April 2020|
• Second Treaty of San Souci ratified
|1 June 2020|
• Constitution ratified
|19 October 2020|
|Time zone||UTC-05:00 (EST)|
• Summer (DST)
New Paloma, officially the Kingdom of New Paloma, was a micronation located in Bayport, New York. The micronation was founded on 20 April 2020.
The Kingdom of New Paloma declared independence from the Free Socialist State of Paloma on 20 April 2020.
On 15 October, the New Paloman Council of Ministers officially ratified the Constitution.
Government and Politics
New Paloma is governed by a Council of Ministers appointed by the Prime Minister. There are currently four seats on the Council, occupied by the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of Justice.
|Aidan McCullough||Prime Minister|
|Charles Burgardt||Deputy Prime Minister|
|Michael Pitre||Minister of Foreign Affairs|
|Hankery Jenkinson||Minister of Justice|
Foreign relations of New Paloma
New Paloma has signed two treaties with other micronations, both named after Sans Souci respectively. The first was signed with representatives of the Kingdom of Baustralia, whereas the second was signed with the Free Socialist State of Paloma.[b]
|Kingdom of Baustralia||27 April 2020||
|Free Socialist State of Paloma||1 June 2020|
- ↑ Although the Kingdom of New Paloma considers itself to be a sovereign state, the Free Socialist State of Paloma considers the KNP's declaration of independence to be illegal under the National Security Law of Paloma. Paloma claims most of the KNP as part of the unincorporated and organized territory of San Souci.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 On 16 October 2020, President Aidan McGrath announced that Paloma was pulling out of the Treaty of San Souci.
- ↑ New Paloma World Factbook Entry. NationStates. Retrieved on 15 October 2020.
- ↑ Constitution of the Kingdom of New Paloma, New Paloma. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- ↑ Burgardt, Charles (17 July 2020) Regional Government of the Kingdom of New Paloma | Gouvernement régional du Royaume de la Nouvelle Paloma | Gobierno regional del Reino de la Nueva Paloma. New Paloma. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- ↑ San Souci (No. 1). Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- ↑ San Souci (No. 2). Retrieved 12 November 2020.