Taigh a Bata Paganism
Taigh a Bata Paganism is the main religion practised in the Republic of Taigh a Bata. It was formed on the 22nd of December 2009 (Gregorian calendar).
In general, it is difficult to pin point what the religion exactly is (because it varies and changes frequently), however it focuses on the concept of parallel dimensions, (some) spirits, reincarnation, peace and scientific methods, with very little Christianity thrown in. For example, Taigh a Bata Pagans believe that the universe was caused by the Big Bang and they believe in evolution and not Noah's Ark.
Pagans do not believe strongly in Jesus, but they acknowledge the fact that he possibly existed, along with Buddha. It is not acknowledged that God (as depicted in Christianity) existed, as Pagans believe that God has not been sighted on Earth. However, Pagans do believe in supernatural occurrences.
The 'Sabbath' is Sunday, where followers reflect on the past week. It is up to the follower whether they shall work on the Sabbath or not.
A Taigh a Bata Calendar was also created for Taigh a Batan Paganism. Each month begins on the 22nd in the Gregorian calendar, meaning when it is the 10th of January in the Taigh a Bata calendar, it is the 1st of January in the Gregorian calendar.
Taigh a Bata Paganism has a number of set commandments for its followers.
- You shall not purposefully kill
- You shall not purposefully start violence
- You shall not steal
- You shall use reasonable force to defend your property and family from intruders
- You shall not deny your family of food
- You shall not deny a person of his or her possessions
- You shall not deny a person access to clean drinking water
- You shall not deny the truth
- You shall not deny a person the right to exercise his or her beliefs unless they are harmful in nature
- You shall not consume hard drugs
- You shall try to promote amongst yourself an international language
- You shall not deprive a person of his or her right to privacy