Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|This article has no relevant categories. Please help MicroWiki by adding a category to this page and removing this template.|
|Date: 17 February 2013 - Ongoing|
National Salvation Party
Red February alternatively known as the Dradelian Revolution, refers to an ongoing period of civil unrest within several micronations. Most of the groups engaging in these revolts adhere to far-left political ideologies. The revolts have so far had varied success, with a full-scale revolution in Dradelia and early-elections promised in Monovia.
Red February started in Dradelia at 10:37 AM GMT. At that time the far-left RDPA announced an immediate Socialist Revolution. This gained support from sereval Dradelian officals, including Rilgar Ompastre .
The governments of the micronations effected reacted in various ways. The Dradelian Government almost immediately began to negotiate with the RDPA and Rilgar Ompastre himself was along with Harry Fitzpatrick a leader in the revolt. In Monovia, the National Salvation Party (which is currently in coalition with the New Monovish Prestige Party) expressed support for the revolution in Dradelia and suggested there be Reforms to the Monovish Social System. There were minor calls for a Socialist Revolution in Agrikesh, although Kaushik Legata then confirmed that Agrikesh may look towards Socialism in the future.
It was then announced later that day that a Micronational Comintern would be created in order to unite Left-Wing Micronations and Political Parties. And soon after the Revolution spread to Daniel-Land, which then adopted Socialism. Surprisingly, the socialist United Provinces of America seceded from Agrikesh after a lengthy argument with Kaushik Legata over the Agrikeshic government structure.
On the 16th of February, Harry Fitzpatrick stated that Dradelia should transform into a Socialist state. Dradelia was already moving towards Socialist reforms and the Socialist Party was universally supported by the Dradelian people. Rilgar Ompastre himself expressed support for this and reinstated his plans to slowly reform Dradelia into a Socialist state. Garside announced that Dradelia will not use Socialist symbolism if it decides to adopt Socialism.
However, many far-left Dradelian politicians were not satisfied and at 10:37 AM GMT, on the 17th of February 2013, the Revolutionary Dradelian Peoples Army was formed in order to fasten the speed of the Socialist reforms. Almost immediately Rilgar Ompastre gave his support to the group and pledged to ask the Dradelian Legislature to approve the changes proposed by the RDPA. The RDPA is currently working on a Socialist Dradelian Constitution which will be proposed to the Dradelian Legislature.
Meanwhile in Monovia (which already enshrines Socialism in its Constitution), Harry Fitzpatrick's National Salvation Party requested reform to current Social Policies in Monovia. The NSP also demanded a constitution and early-elections, both of which were accepted.
Although there were calls for a Revolution in Agrikesh, Kaushik Legata managed to pacify the Rebels by stating that he would pursue a policy of possible Socialist reform in the future. However, later that day trouble began to restart, with Agrikeshic politician Sam Tebi announcing his anger at current Governmental inctivity and expressing his support for a single-party socialist state.
Later things took a turn for the worse, with Sam Tebi renouncing his citizenship and announcing the secession of the United Provinces of America. Although tensions had been running high before the revolution, rampant inactivity combined with revolutionary spirit finally burst a bubble which had been building in Agrikesh for months.
On February 19, 2013, the Theodorist Union asked Kaushik Legata about the Red February. Although he did not like Tebi's coup, he wanted to be involved. Ergo he declared a revolution in a special administrative region from capitalism to republican socialism. He considered this part of Red February.
Support for the Revolutionaries
- Monovia: The Monovish Government gave formal support to the RDPA and promised to help oppressed and exploited peoples everywhere.
- Daniel-Land: The Daniel-Landic Government issued its support for Revoloutionaries in all three micronations, and also has participated into Red February, becoming a Socialist micronation in the process.
- Austenasia: Emperor Jonathan I gave the following brief statement - "Capitalism is an unsustainable economic system which inevitably leads to monopolisation and exploitation. Any government which claims to rule in the name of the people must work in their true interests and free their population from the burden of the capitalist mode of production."
- Sandus: Sôgmô Sörgel has voiced support for Socialist reforms in Monovia, Dradelia, and Agrikesh, stating that "the State of Sandus serves to support the national struggles of peoples everywhere for end to exploitation at the hand of their oppressors" and further citing the Founding Law of the State of Sandus. The Sôgmô further expressed a yearning for the building of comradery between Sandus and the participatory states.
- Grunkia: The Grunkian Government announced its hopes for a peaceful end to the revolution in Dradelia, and wished for smooth elections in Monovia.
- Micronational Peace Group: The MPG announced on the 17/02/2013 their neutrality in the revolution.
- Saint Luke and Amager: Amager did not take an official stance due to its foreign policy akin to Switzerland, but Foreign Minister Leon Williamson wished for "a smooth transition of power in consultation with the populations of the respective nations involved."
Opposition to the Revolutionaries
- Article 8 of the Founding Law reads: "The People of Sandus pursue policies of peace and cooperation with foreign states in accordance with socialism and the People's society and shall promote and strengthen comradry amongst socialist states. The People pursue policy to strengthen the state abroad, strengthen the people and socialism abroad, support the struggles of peoples who pursue national liberation and social progress, and prevent instances of aggression and war. The People shall engage in relations with other state which are prepared to observe the sovereignty of other states and their peoples, promote peaceful and mutual discourse and cooperation between states, respect the inviolability of frontiers and the territorial integrity of state, demonstrate respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, and agree to make the necessary provisions for the fulfillment of obligations arisen from principles and rules of international law."