Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|This article is of poor quality and needs improvement. You can help improve the article by editing it. The discussion page may contain suggestions.|
Ownism is a politicial ideology that was founded by James I of Angador. He would use it as a way to form a model state.
Ownism is where one should give preference to one's self than others around them. It is a conservative point of view, influenced by individualism, Thatcherism, and Reaganism.
The tenets of Ownism are:
- A pro-life stance on abortion.
- An economy should be based around laissez-faire capitalism, for it produces the best results for a government and its people.
- Every citizen should have the same, basic civil rights.
- Education should be left to the local governments because they know more about what the school needs than the federal government.
- A nation should try to stay out of other nation's problems.
- There should be little or no government sponsored welfare.
- Healthcare should be privatised.
- Governments and businesses should not use affirmative action.
- Enforcement of capital punishment.
- Immigration should be well regulated by government.
- Same sex marriages should be illegal.
- Freedom to express one's self in a respectful manner.
- Discourage all forms of collectivism.
- Opposition to European Intergration and to Globalization.
Model government under Ownism
A model government should be very much like a confederation. A loose control of the government over the people. A proposed name is Prosia (from the latin phrase pro se which means "for himself" or "for one's own behalf") The nation should be constructed like this:
- The excutive branch of the should be headed by two people (consuls). They would be elected at the same time and they can only serve one six year term. They have to be at least 35 and at most 70. They must be citizens born inside the nation.
- The legislative branch should just be all the citizens of the nation. Any one can propose a bill, it would be reviewed by the consuls to see if the nation should vote on it. To be passed at least 81% of registered voters have to vote for it. Next it goes to the judicial branch to make sure it does not break any laws. Then it must be signed by both consuls, if not then it will have to be reintroduced. Any one who is not a citizen cannot vote.
- The judicial branch is made up of 11 people, a term last a life time, and are called judges. They are chosen by the two consuls and then voted on by the registered voters. When one of the judges steps down or passes away each consul nominates a person and the citizens decide which one should take the spot. Laws only pertain to citizens.
- Federal elected officials should be paid very little. Also they cannot be registered voters while in office.