Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Current Government: Randouler I
Millania is a representative democracy. The government is regulated by a system of checks and balances defined by the Millanic Nakjatsa, which serves as the country's supreme legal document. In the Millanian semi-federalist system, citizens are usually subject to one (and maybe two, dependent on administrative division) levels of government: federal, and local. In almost all cases, legislative officials are elected by a plurality vote of citizens by prefecture. There is no proportional representation at the federal level, and it is rare at lower levels.
The Millanian government is composed of three branches:
- Legislative: The bicameral Terataga, made up of the House of Burgesses and the House of Prefects; the Terataga drafts federal laws, declares war, and has the power to wield the economy.
- Executive: The Emperor is the commander-in-chief of the military, can veto legislative bills before they become law, and appoints the members of the Cabinet and other offices, who administer and enforce federal laws and policies.
- Judicial: The High Court and lower prefectural courts, whose judges are appointed by the Emperor, interpret laws and overturn those they find unconstitutional.
The members of the House of Prefects are elected in a Preferential System, which is more representative of voter population. The Supreme Court, led by the High Justice of Millania, has three members, who serve for life. The local governments are structured in roughly similar fashion. The Prefect of each prefecture is directly elected, also by Preferential System. The original text of the Nakjatsa establishes the structure and responsibilities of the federal government and its relationship with the individual states. The first articles, which make up the Rights of Man, form the central basis of the rights of a Subject of the Crown. All laws and governmental procedures are subject to judicial review and any law ruled by the courts to be in violation of the Nakjatsa is voided. The principle of judicial review, mentioned in the Nakjatsa.
Millania has operated under a multi-party system for all of its history. For elective offices at most levels, state-administered primary elections choose the major party nominees for subsequent general and prefectural elections. Since the general election of 2017, the major parties have been the Conservative Party, founded in 2017, and the Liberal Party, founded in 2017. The Chancillor is elected through a nationwide preferential system vote. The prefectures of the West, known as "turquoise region", are relatively liberal. The "red region" of Rio Alcalá are relatively conservative, and the Cantonese prefectures are known for far-left beliefs. In the Randouler I Parliament, both the House of Prefects and the House of Nobles are controlled by the Conservadores. The House of Burgesses consists of direct democratic positions and representatives; the House of Prefects consists of 5 elected officials.
|Conservative Party||COP||Nicholas Randouler||Social Conservatism, Economic Liberalism|
|Liberal Party||LIB||Edmund Howell||Liberalism|
|Marketist Party||MPM||Risa Resnick||Millanic Marketism, Integrationism|
|Chinese Communist Socialist Worker's Party||CCSWP||Ethan Leung||Communism, Socialism|
|Charlotte Baxter-Bray Party||CBBP||Charlotte Baxter-Bray||Centrism, Environmentalism|
|Independent or Vacant||I||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Parties not represented on a Federal level|
|Egalitarian Party||IGA||Derek Zhang||Centrism, Constitutional Rights|
|Yochtese National Party||YNP||Multiple Leaders||Yochtese Nationalism|
|Paisa! Bloc||P!||Multiple Leaders||Liberalism, Latino Pride|
|Imperial Monarchist Party||IMP||Carlos I||Constitutional Monarchism, Democracy|
|Topek Party||TPK||Tom Yusuf Kap||Topek, Pan-Arabism|
|Social Democratic Party Alliance||SDPA||Milaw Oakenforrest||Big tent leftism|
- Republican Party (Dissolved)
- Whig Party (Became Democratic Party)
- Democratic Party (Merged into Liberal Party)
- Worker's Party (Became CCSWP)
List of Ministries
- Ministry of Communications: Led by the Minister of Communications, responsible for Millanian communication systems, including television, radio, and post.
- Ministry of Culture: Led by the Minister of Culture, responsible for preservation of Millanian culture and language, national landmarks, and tourism.
- Ministry of Fiscal Affairs: Led by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, responsible for national monetary and fiscal policy.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Led by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, responsible for maintaining diplomatic relations with other nations.
- Ministry of Homeland Security: Led by the Minister of Homeland Security, responsible for the defense of the nation with the Armed Forces.
- Ministry of Records and Archives: Led by the Minister of Records and Archives, responsible for keeping records of legal and historical documents.
- Ministry of Treasury: Led by the Exchequer, responsible for managing the currency and national budget of Millania.
- Ministry of Welfare: Led by the Minister of Welfare, responsible for ensuring that all citizens are properly housed, fed, educated, and are healthy, as well as utilities such as energy, water, etc.
The role of the Ministry of Fiscal Affairs, led by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, is to ensure the prosperity of the Government and People of Millania, and Register companies and ensure competition, Ensure safe and fair trade within Millania, and with other entities, and Oversee the Economy of Millania, and the Funding of the Ministries of Millania. Millania’s government must be funded equally between each ministry, unless Millania is in a state of conflict or war, in which case funding will be directed to the Armed Forces, Ministry of Homeland Security, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or Millania as a whole is to host an event, in which case funding will be directed to the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Fiscal Affairs, and the Ministry of Homeland Security.
The job of The Ministry of the Treasury, led by the Exchequer, is to safeguard money within Millania, print currency for all, and to monitor the value of said currency.
The job of the Ministry of Homeland Security is to ensure the safety of the nation with methods including, but not limited to; Espionage, Crime Prevention and Police, and Coordination of the Military. The Intelligence Agency for the Millanian Commonwealth (IAMC), codenamed MI1 is Millania’s espionage service, and services all of , but not limited to, the following; protecting and sending confidential information, providing background checks on workers, and doing anything in the interest of the nation. The Police force of Millania is responsible for all of, but not limited to, the following; crime prevention, punishment, amd espionage. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible for communication with allies, and other nations.
The role of the Millanian Ministry of Records and Archives is to keep a record of Citizenships and Marriages, as well as legal documents, bills of law, and treaties. The Bank Registration Directive registers Banks, and allows them to mint money. The Classified Information Directive keeps secret documents, and ensures their complete safety.
The role of the Millanian Ministry of Communication is to uphold communication lines within Millania, and with other Nations.
The role of the Millanian Ministry of Culture and Sport is to upkeep the unique culture in each region of Millania, to ensure Millanian Sports Teams are up to standard, and to host major events.
The role of the Millanian Ministry of Welfare is to ensure that the Millanian People are Healthy, and Educated, Housed, and Fed properly.