Democratic-Socialists of the Democratic Republic of Tūrnia
|Democratic-Socialists of the Democratic Republic of Tūrnia|
|Official colors||Red, blue|
|Seats in the Senate|
The Democratic-Socialists believe in democratic socialism, which is the idea of achieving socialist ideals within a democratic society. They are a political party in the Democratic Republic of Tūrnia.
The offical platform of the Democratic-Socialists is based on the principles of socialism, while maintaining the integrity of the democracy. Their official statement on their platform is:
The Democratic-Socialists believe in a form of socialism where the free market and democratic systems can still function. We believe in
- Free healthcare and free education, as protected by the Constitution
- Fair elections for everyone
- Higher taxes on the rich than the poor
- Peace with all other nations
- Easy immigration to grow our nation
- Trade with other nations
- Preventing wealth inequality
- Establishing fair and just laws to keep our nation safe
The Democratic-Socialists were founded by Ryan Shane, who also founded the Democratic Republic of Tūrnia and wrote the Constitution. Currently, no Democratic-Socialist holds an elected office in Tūrnia, however Shane is running for Senator of the 1st Senatorial District.