Culture of Uniland

From MicroWiki, the micronational encyclopædia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Culture of The Republic of Uniland is heavily influenced by British culture. However, it is slowly staring to diverge from this and adopt its own culture.

National Holidays / Events

  • 15 May - Foundation Day
  • 31 December - New Year's Eve
  • 25 December - Christmas Day

Literature

The Republic of Uniland dose not have much of a tradition in literature. But books are still valued as instruments of knowledge.

Religion

The Republic of Uniland's population is extremely irreligious with 80% of the population claiming to be an Atheist while the other 20% claim to be Agnostic. Because of this lack of religion the President passed The State Atheism law in parliament, this law banned religious from being practised in public.

Music

The Republic of Uniland views 50s,60s,70s and 80s music as the best. Radio Uniland the republic's main broadcasting outlet only plays music from these times, this gives the Unilandian media a vintage feel which has made the radio station very popular. But the people are allowed to make their own choices when it comes to music preference.

National Computer Games

The President has been a fan of the Fallout franchise since he played Fallout 3 for the first time in 2014, from then on he played all of the fallout games and declared Fallout 1,2,3 and New Vegas masterpieces along with his other favourite game Minecraft. When the Republic of Uniland was founded he made them the national games .

National Sports

Swimming and cycling are the national sports of The Republic of Uniland.