(Redirected from Template:Portal:Francisville/History)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 8th - The Democratic Duchy of Francisville signs its first foreign treaty of mutual recognition with the Grand Duchy of Flandrensis (2009)
- 9th - The Democratic Duchy of Francisville gains full membership of the Grand Unified Micronational (2009).
- 15th - Francisville is invited by Erusia to aid diplomatic negotiations between Sandus and New Scireland following the latter's declaration of independence. The matter is concluded by the Sandum recognition of New Scireland's independence on 18 January (2010).
- 16th - The Second Constitution of the Democratic Duchy of Francisville is adopted. The constitution transitioned towards a model of constitutional monarchy in the form of a Grand Duchy whereby the Grand Duke served as head of state and a more Prime Minister was elected to serve as the head of government by a unicameral National Assembly (2009).
- 15th - Francisville is elected to the GUM Security Council in the February elections. This is the first international position held by the Duchy and its first role within the GUM. (2009)
- 5th - The Third Constitution of the Democratic Duchy of Francisville is adopted. Whilst largely the same as the Second Constitution, the document introduced more extensive constitutional protections of individual rights, restructured of the judiciary, and established formal layers of local government (2009)
- 12th - The Council of Ministers approves the third series of banknotes designed for the Ville franc. Known as the Figures and Ideas Series, its designs feature William Wilberforce (1f), Jane Addams (5f), and William McKinley (10f). The banknotes were designed by F.R. Verkerk de Beauville who was subsequently awarded the title of Earl of Francisville (2009).
- 15th - The 5th National survey is conducted in the June Convention. A technical failure leads to the necessity of re-running the ballot. This proves controversial by leading to contradictory results on the question of whether Francisville should remain an observer member of the Grand Unified Micronational (2012).
- 20th - Grand Duke James I cancels the general election for the Chamber of Deputies due to be held on April 25th. In its place, the Grand Duke announces the April Convention to re-write the constitution of the Democratic Duchy of Francisville (2009).
- 25th - The constitutional referendum held as part of the June Convention asks voters whether (i) to establish the Federal Chamber and (ii) to remaining an observer member of the Grand Unified Micronational. The results on 27 April show that the former is approved whilst the later is rejected (2012).
- 2nd - The new national flag is adopted by the Democratic Duchy of Francisville, replacing the original flag adopted on 28 November 2008. The flag would remain the national flag for the remainder of Francisville's history, including through the period of the Federal Republic (2009).
- 15th - The Fourth Constitution of the Democratic Duchy of Francisville is adopted (2009).
- 28th - Polls open in the 2009 general election, the first general election held in the Democratic Duchy of Francisville to elect the Chamber of Deputies (2009).
- 28th - Polls open in the 2010 general election, the second and final general election held in the Democratic Duchy of Francisville to elect the Chamber of Deputies (2010).
- 3rd - The conclusion of the 2009 election elects the 1st Assembly of the Chamber of Deputies of the Democratic Duchy of Francisville. Deputy Jeremy Abrahams (NLP) is selected as the inaugural First Minister of Francisville (2009).
- 3rd - The 2nd Assembly of the Chamber of Deputies of the Democratic Duchy of Francisville is elected following the 2010 election. Deputy Andrew Newton (Independent) is elected as the last First Minister of Francisville (2010).
- 3rd - Grand Duke James I issues the "Declaration of the Republic" which leads to the June Convention and the establishment of the Federal Republic of Francisville (2011).
- 4th - The Canton of North Llabdey leaves the Federal Republic of Francisville and rejoins Landashir after Landsmann James von Puchow announced his intention to withdraw from francillian politics.
- 10th - The June Convention convenes following the results of a referendum which returns unanimous support for Grand Duke James I's proposal to reform the constitution by a consensus driven process (2011).
- 21st - Sebastian Linden represents Francisville in attending the Midsummer Micronational Meeting 2014 (2014).
- 19th - James Stewart founds Historic Francisville as the society for the preservation and presentation of Francillian history; the former National Archives & Library are transferred to the society's collections (2017).
- 28th - Foundation of the Democratic Duchy of Francisville; promulgation of the First Constitution by His Grace James I, Grand Duke of Francisville (2008).