User talk:Isaiah David
NOTICE OF BAN
Re: your message
Reference removal spree
I noticed you deleted all the references on a number of pages across the wiki in October/November 2020. Please don't do that. References are an important part of MicroWiki. I have reverted the ones I could.
Instances I found:
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Federal_Commonwealth_of_Sirocco&type=revision&diff=700597&oldid=467251 (Reverted by me.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Republic_of_Elysium&type=revision&diff=714504&oldid=705323 (Reverted by Sertor Valentinus)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Usian_Republic&type=revision&diff=716100&oldid=609245 (Reverted by me; make sure to re-add your non-ref-deleting edits.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Kingdom_of_T%C3%B8rstenbj%C3%A6rg&type=revision&diff=716421&oldid=521918 (You will need to repair this one yourself.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Kingdom_of_Carwyn&type=revision&diff=702167&oldid=694065 (It seems you reverted this one yourself.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Confederation_of_Mahuset&type=revision&diff=691377&oldid=689073 (Impossible to revert. You need to work with the original author to restore the refs you deleted.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Micro_High&type=revision&diff=688598&oldid=614001 (Reverted by me; make sure to re-add your non-ref-deleting edits.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=List_of_F%C3%B8rvanian_Monarchs_and_Prime_Ministers&type=revision&diff=688324&oldid=496656 (Reverted by me; make sure to re-add your non-ref-deleting edits.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Leamouth&type=revision&diff=688045&oldid=683591 (Reverted by me; make sure to re-add your non-ref-deleting edits.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=Amounderness&type=revision&diff=687896&oldid=655038 (There's an intervening edit; you will need to undo this yourself.)
- https://micronations.wiki/index.php?title=2012&type=revision&diff=687878&oldid=659499 (Not easy to revert. You will have to do so manually. You removed my deceased friend's obituary. Shame on you.)
I am certain I missed a good number of these bad edits, since I only investigated the largest deletions. I went back 100 edits at a time from today, and stopped here.
- I've never had that ever happen to me addison (talk) 06:09, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- You need to stop using the visual editor immediately, and you need to report this bug to administration at once. I will do so as well.
/swέna/💬 06:11, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
| 06:22, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for the video, Isaiah. When did you first notice the bug? The admins will need to know in order to see what changed with the server around then, to figure out a potential fix for this; as well as to figure out the scope of the damage.
/swέna/💬 06:23, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- Ballpark it. Mid last year? Late last year? Early last year? 2019? Before?
/swέna/💬 06:31, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- Okay. Thanks. It could be worse; but it's definitely not great. The latest this could have started is the first week of October; it's likely to date back to September. That's 7 months of damage, and no easy way to repair it.
- Isaiah, in the future: please please please report any issues like this to administration the instant you find them.
/swέna/💬 06:55, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- I'll do some more digging myself to pinpoint the exact date, I'll retrace my edits to September at least and see what i find as well as clean up any damage. Isaiah (Chat) 06:58, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
After a long all nighter and several soda's I was able to find the first instance of it for me and the solution, so basically I went to my recent contributions and searched between October and September of 2020, I found the first example of it and they were around 17 of September, so then I went to that specific page and realized it didn't happen much after September but I know I still used visual editor and still had references on the page so then I thought shouldn't I have found more recent accounts of it? So I then examined the 20 or so edits after it stopped happening and found that it by default used the <referens /> to display the references at the bottom of the page but then after I added the Template:Reflis (it's really spelled reflist) it just stopped happening after this. So my hypothesis is that it had something to do with the <refrences /> tag. So then the only natural thing to do was test this but I can't as I noticed visual editor is disabled now. Isaiah (Chat) 17:25, 22 April 2021 (UTC) @Theodia:
- Thank you for the notice- visual editor has been disabled.
- Thank you Isaiah -- I really appreciate your hard work on this. Yes, the administration disabled the visual editor for a while, until the issue is fixed. Mid-September, okay. Well, it could be worse. I'm going through my watchlist for the past 7 months right now and making sure each article is good. I've already found a couple with issues. I still don't know if an automated solution is possible.
/swέna/💬 23:41, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- It no longer removes them. Isaiah (Chat) 15:12, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Iudette Scale grading
I've noticed that you, in many many edits, have removed all redlinks from pages. This is actually wrong, per WP:RED:
In general, a red link should be allowed to remain in an article if it links to a title that could plausibly sustain an article, but for which there is no existing article, or article section, under any name. Only remove red links if Wikipedia should not have an article on the subject. It may be possible to turn the red link into a redirect to an article section where the subject is covered as part of a broader topic (see Notability – Whether to create standalone pages).
Good red links help Wikipedia—they encourage new contributors in useful directions, and remind us that Wikipedia is far from finished.
Some redlinks are good -- just remove the ones that are ridiculous, excessive, etc. If a redlink could easily become a legit article, leave it there.
- @Swena: Would you mind double-checking MicroWiki:NOT? Does MicroWiki use the same red link policy? addison (talk) 02:13, 23 April 2021 (UTC)
Took your signature, edited it and made it my own
Hope that you don't mind lol! I like the shadow. StefanSNG 06:44, 30 May 2021 (UTC)