Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 22,731 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 131,576 pages and 26,082 articles, of which 68 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
- A new territory was annexed by the State of Vishwamitra on 14 May 2021 from Machias located in the United States' state of Maine in a land exchange programme with the Maritime Republic of the Damariscotta...
- 15 May - New Rushymian Vizier appointed
- The first Vizier of Rushymia to hold effective power in almost twenty one years was appointed earlier today. Rushymia is an Austenasian Crown Dependency situated just under a mile from Wrythe. Rushymia was originally founded in 1995...
- As of 2:37 EDT, May 12th 2021, the Emperor Nicholas of Abelden and Pacem has been fully vaccinated. The Emperor received his second dose of the vaccine alongside his partner, with...
- The 9th of May marked the establishment of official relations between the Imperial Grand Duchy and the State of Vishwamitra. Vishwamitra is a little unique in that is surrounded by the macronation of India. An area where seemingly lacking in micronations, or rather English speaking micronations. The state does have territories within...
- Dracul's May 9th Victory Day Parade was postponed to May 10, to observe Mother's Day. The event was live streamed on Dracul's YouTube today, with V.P. Luke carrying out the ceremony.
- For the first time in Wendatian history, Democracy & Liberalism is not running for re-election. During March-April 2021, Foreign relations with Northwood-Oregon began, along with the creation of an Environmental ministry. The last NA election resulted in a government bloc supermajority...
- 4 May - Silver State Voyage
- On 2 and 3 May 2021 XLIV, The President, First Lady and Chief Constable of Molossia ventured forth into wilds of Nevada on a mighty expedition to find various historical markers and explore the far reaches of the Silver State. Dubbed the Silver State Scavenger Hunt by Nevada Magazine...
- As part of King Adam I’s agenda to reinvigorate Überstadt’s social life and government, Parliament approved this last Sunday a constitutional bill that repeals most existing law and changes how the legislature operates...
- 16 May - Incumbent Government Vowing to vote against the Taxation Lowering Bill
- 15 May - New territory annexed by the Despotate, reorganization of two regions and name changes, all in the latest Decree
- 15 May - The Prime Minister was received in audience by The Queen today.
- 15 May - A new possible ship program, a new possible web host program, a new deputy minister, and a new guides chapter.
- 14 May - HGM Despot Ned I is now fully vaccinated. COVID-19 situation in Vlasynia under full control
- 13 May - Today the Kingdom is celebrating the Independence Day of the Kingdom of Lukland
- 12 May - Wamong Communal News: Current Events 72/2/1901
- 12 May - What if the election was held today
- 11 May - INTERVIEW: The King on Progression and Self-Sufficiency
Analysis and opinions
- Quo Times 14 May - Pacem and the GUM: Pacemians on the largest micronational organization
- West Canada Broadcast Company 2 May - The West Canadian Army: A Legacy of Service
- Normano-Nichish Royal Gazette 17 Apr - [OP-ED] Divide in micronationalism is growing, here's why
- Purvanchal Times 10 Apr - Obituary-HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921-2021).
- Lawrence Martin 9 Apr - LIN - A new identity.
- Jayden Lycon 4 Apr - A new identity for MicroWiki: a proposal.
- Cupertino Alliance 15 Feb - The premier guide for geographical, governmental, and population information for members of the CA. Cupertino Alliance Factbook for February 2021 is out now.
- San Benito Times 1 Feb - The Coup D'etat - An Interview with a Burmese Citizen
- 10 May - I Built a Micronation
- 9 May - Victory Day Broadcast Special
- 28 Apr - Fade into View single "Odyssey Part 2"
- 23 Apr - What it's like to be: West Canadian Coal Miner (Feat. Governor-General Connor Shaw)
- 16 Apr - Multavia: all endings
- 16 Apr - All Endings: Lytera
- 10 Apr - Snagov: All endings
- 1 Apr - Micronational Geographic Episode One
- 22 Mar - Personal Ranking - All Frozen 2 Songs
- 14 Mar - Land of Hope and Glory Anthem Video of West Canada
The Kingdom of Burdette, more commonly known simply as Burdette, is a self-declared sovereign state more commonly referred to as a micronation by external observers. Located in the U.S. state of Minnesota, it is geographically composed of several parks and the residence of the King, spanning a total area of 23.305 acres of land. The Kingdom has six residential citizens, and whilst maintaining a primarily local presence, it keeps a small online presence and has over 20 global citizens. Burdette is a constitutional monarchy with a King, an elected Prime Minister, a Royal Court, and a royal parliament. The current and only monarch has been Isaiah Burdette since the Kingdom's foundation on 3 December 2020, for whom the country is named. (more...)
This month in history
- Establishment - Kingdom of South Bank (1 May 2002); Royal reformed States of America (1 May 2009); Republic of Pelvon (4 May 2013); Confederation of Awesome (5 May 2010); Principality of Imvrassia (11 May 2011); Principality of Wildflower Meadows (12 May 2016); Mouzilo (19 May 2012); Domanglia (24 May 2011); Ashukovo (25 May 2013); Grand Rupublic of Vuldstein (26 May 1977); Grand Lamate of Sandefreistikhan (26 May 2009); Kingdom of Mahuset (29 May 2012); Kingdom of Atiera (30 May 2020); People's Republic of Danesland (31 May 2009); Federated States of Transterra (5 May 2018).
- 1st - Nicholas Paul Nix is elected 10th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States, and is re-elected for 4 consecutive years (2003); King Declan I of Moylurg removes from power Queen Laura I of Moylurg and King Ciaran II & III of Thebes (2010). The Holy League is established by Trebia and New Israel, following the signing of the Treaty of Augustinople (2016).
- 2nd - The Battle of the Grove takes place in the Austenasian Civil War - foreign supporters of the Emperor defeat aggressive foreign Carolinians (2010).
- 6th - The first ever documented micronational football match in the UK takes place in Norfolk, between Pambia and Senya, with Senya winning 6-2 (2011); Emperor Jonathan I of Austenasia begins compiling the Codex Jonathanus (2013); The Commonwealth of Australis is reorganised into the Unified Royal States of Australis (2020).
- 10th - The Constitution of the Republic of Pelvon is ratified (2013).
- 16th - The Austenasian Monarchical Referendum is held, showing the support of the Austenasian public for Emperor Esmond III over Princess Caroline (2010).
- 17th - The Kapresh Congress votes in favor of monarchizing the Republic of Kapreburg, forming the Empire of Kapreburg and turning Jack Ryan Morris into Tsar Jackson I (2019).
- 19th - Ela'r'oech gains unrecognized independence from the United States of America. (2019)
- 20th - The coronation of Emperor Terry I takes place in Wrythe (2009); The Starland Republic wins a resounding victory against the New Pamlico Federation. President Violette Leōcor's controversial use of chemical weapons ends the nine month-long Rice Lane War on Starlandic terms (2010).
- 22nd - The Molossian-Mustachistani War is declared (2006).
- 24th - The Aberystwyth Agreement is signed (2009); The Treaty of Ruskin Road is signed, ending the Austenasian Civil War with victory for the legitimate government (2010).
- 25th - The Skirmish of the Treasury takes place when Princess Caroline leads British attackers in an assault on the Austenasian Prime Minister's Office (2009).
- 28th - The Honourable Judge of Internal Matters, Jordan hands full control of the Monarchy of Isvik over to the Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic (2015); The Pentarchy is abolished in Australis, with Daniel Hamilton taking control of Australis as the first Grand Duke of Australis (2020)
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?