Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
United Micronations (2014)
|This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. You can assist by editing it. The discussion page may contain suggestions.|
|Official flag of United Micronations
|Headquarter||Hashima (Principality of Hashima)|
|Incumbent Secretary General||President Parker J. McCauley of the NRNA|
|Incumbent Deputy-Secretaries General (Perpetual seat)||Prince Fabrizio I of Hashima|
Princess Enikő I of Hashima
|Foundation||2 October 2014|
|Objective||Peace and development between world micronations|
|Official Contactsemail@example.com (Deputy-Secretary General)|
firstname.lastname@example.org (Secretary General)
The United Micronations, founded on 2 October 2014 (not to be confused with numerous others of the same name), is an inter-Micronational organization. Its main objective is to organize world Micronations under one organization that can help the members to sustain peace, development, mutual recognition and common diplomatic affairs between them.
History and Timeline
The United Micronations has been officially established on 2 October 2014, by the People's Republic of Hashima and the United States of Antarctica. This second one left the UM on 20 November 2014, after its dissolution.
In 29 October 2015, the Democratic Republic of Belia unilaterally joined as 11th official member of the United Micronations. In the same day, the incumbent chairmans of the United Micronations, Prince Fabrizio I of Hashima and Princess Enikő I of Hashima, expelled and banned the Democratic Republic of Belia from the organization, giving the following reason: "The Democratic Republic of Belia is expelled and banned from the United Micronations because its aggressive foreign politic that brought and still bring Belia in wars against other micronations. If the Democratic Republic of Belia really wishes to join the United Micronations, it should end immediately every conflict and sign a formal treaty of neutrality against every other micronation. Plus, the Democratic Republic of Belia should contact the office of the United Micronations, through the official email address, requiring a formal procedure for joining the organization, due to the bellicose behavior kept from Belia, and sign a treaty of no aggression against every micronation (especially official members of the United Micronations, but generally for every micronation active) and a treaty of demilitarization. Until that day, the Democratic Republic of Belia is absolutely banned from the United Micronations and not recognized as a Sovereign Entity."
In 5 November 2015, the Democratic Republic of Belia has been admitted as the 6th official member, after that Belia joined the Union Against Micronational War and signed a treaty with the United Micronations (for read it, go to "http://mw.micronation.org/w/images/7/73/Treaty_Belia-United_Micronations.pdf"). However, 6 days after (in 11 November 2015), the Democratic Republic of Belia, declaring war against ISIS, violated the Treaty that Belia itself approved and signed for be a peaceful and neutral member of the United Micronations, and for this has been expelled and banned forever from the Organization. Belia hasn't be expelled and banned because the declaration of war, but because the violation of the Treaty.
The first democratic elections for the Presidency of the United Micronations took place in 9 November 2015, and have been won by the Principality of Hashima, that has been confirmed to the Presidency for other 2 months.
However, in 17 November 2015, the Principality of Hashima resigned from the Presidency, in favor of the second most senior member, the Nationalist Republic of the North Atlantic. The Principality of Hashima, however, assigned to itself a perpetual seat inside the UM, and will continue inside the Organization covering the Vice-Presidency of it.
Elections for the Presidency
In 9 November 2015, the members states voted, for the first time, into a democratic election for the Presidency of the United Micronations.
This first election has been won by the Principality of Hashima, that was into the Presidency since the foundation of the UM, being the founder member.
The next elections are scheduled for 9 January 2015.
The United Micronations has also two special agencies:
- United Micronations Food and Agriculture Organization (UM FAO)
- United Micronations International Justice Court (UM IJC)
The United Micronations Food and Agriculture Organization is an agency of the United Micronations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all members meet as equals to negotiate agreements and debate policy.
FAO is also a source of knowledge and information, and helps developing countries and countries in transition modernize and improve agriculture, forestry and fisheries practices, ensuring good nutrition and food security for all.
The United Micronations International Justice Court (UM IJC) is the primary judicial branch of the United Micronations.
Its main function is to settle legal disputes submitted to it by Micronations and private citizens.
How it works
Every member is free to send an email to the United Micronations, proposing a law or a pool to be applied in all the official members or discuss about something of important.
The United Micronations will answer to everyone with email (if possible) and update the official talkpage of this article on MicroWiki and the official website, opening pools for referendum between the members if a member proposed a law.
In case during the month there haven't been proposed laws, but only discussions, the United Micronations will update the official talkpage of this article on MicroWiki and the official website, publishing the discussions, for the vision of every official member.
The Presidency of the United Micronations is rotatory, so every official member can aspire to it. The term of the rotatory presidency is 2 months.
The Presidency lasts exactly from 11 to 11 of two months (example: 11 January - 11 March); in the day of expiring of the Presidency, the new incumbent President(s) will be/are announced.
Two days before the expiring of the incumbent Presidency (in 9th day of that month), a pool will be published for elect the new incumbent President(s). Every member is obligated to vote for another member and not for themselves. The member that receives more votes will be elected as new President.
In case of two or more members with the same amount of votes, the day before the expiring of the incumbent Presidency (in 10th day of that month), a further pool will be published with a second ballot between the remaining members; still every member (also who doesn't run more for the Presidency) is required to vote, and to give its vote to another Micronation and not to itself.
The pool will be published into a new article on MicroWiki, with the following title: "Election DAY/MONTH/YEAR of the United Micronations' Presidency".
A table will be created, with the list of the members, and every member will need to edit its personal space writing the name of who it wants to elect.
|Flag||Name||Member since||Claimed area||Currency(ies)||Capital(s)||Language(s)||Head(s) of State|
|Kingdom of Blackland||16 October 2015||0,1 km²||New Israeli Shekel||???||Hebrew, Russian||King Alen I|
|Nationalist Republic of the North Atlantic||24 March 2015||??? km²||U.S. Dollar
|Scarborough||English||President Parker J. McCauley|
|Principality of Hashima||2 October 2014||0,063 km²||Lirint of Hashima||Hashima||Hungarian, Italian||Prince Fabrizio I of Hashima|
Princess Enikő I of Hashima
|Republic of Shadesia||7 November 2015||4,98 km²||Serbian Dinar||Shadesgrad||Serbian||Nikola Jovanovic|
Requirements for can be an official member
- 1 The nation must claims real land in Earth planet; the United Micronations doesn't accept fictional places or Micronations situated in other planets;
- 2 In cases of two Micronations claiming the same land (also just a little part in common), the United Micronations accepts as official member only the Micronation that claimed that part of land for first;
- 3 The United Micronations repudiates wars, so every Micronation that joins this organization swears to don't declare offensive war against every other micronation/organization/recognized Country (doesn't matter if member or not of the United Micronations);
- 4 If an official member declares war at another micronation/organization/recognized Country, the incumbent Chairman(s) of the United Micronations has/have the right to can apply an expulsion act against the Micronation(s) that declared war;
- 5 If an official member violates human rights in every form (religion, citizenship, ecc...), the incumbent Chairman(s) of the United Micronations has/have the right to can apply an expulsion act against the Micronation(s) that did it.
- 6 The nation must be secessionist, simulationist micronations (or however micronations that are explicitly fruit of fantasy, that shows pictures of imaginary own armies, imaginary own military vehicles, imaginary own combats and/or nuclear/space tests/missions) aren't accepted.
If a Micronation fulfills these requirements, is necessary to send an email to the United Micronations (email@example.com), giving these following details:
- Full name of the Micronation;
- Area claimed;
- Head(s) of State;
- Official flag;
- Official page on MicroWiki and/or official website;
- Official email address.
Cases of loss of membership
During time, a member can lose its membership inside the United Micronations because the following reasons:
• A member can lose membership if isn't more active;
• A member can lose membership if doesn't contact more the United Micronations after 2 months;
• A member can lose membership if keeps an aggressive/offensive behavior about the United Micronations;
• A member can lose membership if declares offensive war to every other micronation//organization/recognized Country (doesn't matter if member or not of the United Micronations);
• A member can lose membership if contacts the United Micronations asking to don't be more a member;
• A member can lose membership if introduces laws in its Micronation that damage every kind of the human rights.
In all these cases, is/are the incumbent Chairman(s) of turn of the United Micronations that dedice(s) for an expulsion act.
United Micronations Certificate
When a Micronation successful joins the United Micronations, it will receive an official certificate about membership that the Micronation must show on its official page on MicroWiki and on its official website (if the Micronation has one).
United Micronations Policy
The main objectives of the United Micronations are:
- Keep peace and security between members;
- Promote the solution to the international disputes and peacefully resolve situations that could lead to a breach of the peace;
- Develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equality between states and self-determination of peoples;
- Promote economic and social cooperation;
- Promote respect for the human rights and fundamental freedoms for the benefit of all individuals;
- Promote respect for international law and to encourage the progressive development and its codification.