United Micronations (2014)
This article is about the organisation created in 2014, for other uses, see United Micronations (disambiguation).
|Official flag of United Micronations
|Headquarters||Principality of Hashima|
|Incumbent Secretary General||President Parker J. McCauley of the NRNA|
|Incumbent Deputy-Secretaries General (Perpetual seat)||Prince Fabrizio I of Hashima|
Princess Enikő I of Hashima
|Foundation||2 October 2014|
|Objective||Peace and development between world micronations|
|Official Contactsfirstname.lastname@example.org (Deputy-Secretary General)|
email@example.com (Secretary General)
The United Micronations is an intermicronational organization which was founded on 2 October 2014. The United Micronations’ main objective is to unite all micronations from around the world under one organization that can help members to sustain peace, development, mutual recognition and common diplomatic affairs between them.
History and timeline
The United Micronations was officially established on 2 October 2014, by the People's Republic of Hashima and the United States of Antarctica. The United States of Antarctica left the union on 20 November 2014, after its dissolution.
On 29 October 2015, the Democratic Republic of Belia unilaterally joined as 11th official member of the United Micronations. On the same day, the incumbent Chairman of the United Micronations, Prince Fabrizio I of Hashima and Princess Enikő I of Hashima, expelled and banned the Democratic Republic of Belia from the organization, giving the following reason: "The Democratic Republic of Belia is expelled and banned from the United Micronations because its aggressive foreign politic that brought and still bring Belia in wars against other micronations. If the Democratic Republic of Belia wishes to join the United Micronations, it should end immediately every conflict and sign a formal treaty of neutrality against every other micronation. Plus, the Democratic Republic of Belia should contact the office of the United Micronations, through the official email address, requiring a formal procedure for joining the organization, due to the bellicose behavior kept from Belia, and sign a treaty of no aggression against every micronation (especially official members of the United Micronations, but generally for every micronation active) and a treaty of demilitarization. Until that day, the Democratic Republic of Belia is banned from the United Micronations and not recognized as a Sovereign Entity."
On 5 November 2015, the Democratic Republic of Belia was admitted as the 6th official member of the United Micronations. Following the incident, Belia joined the Union Against Micronational War and signed a treaty with the United Micronations. However, six days later, the Democratic Republic of Belia, declaring war against ISIS, violated the treaty that Belia itself approved and signed for being a peaceful and neutral member of the United Micronations, and for this has been expelled and banned forever from the organization. Belia has not been expelled or banned because of the declaration of war, but because of the violation of the treaty.
The first democratic elections for the Presidency of the United Micronations took place on 9 November 2015, and the Principality of Hashima now holds the position. However, on 17 November 2015, the Principality of Hashima resigned from the Presidency, in favor of the second most senior member, the Nationalist Republic of the North Atlantic. The Principality of Hashima, however, assigned to itself a perpetual seat inside the United Micronations and will continue inside the organization as the vice president.
On 9 November 2015, the member states voted for the first time in a democratic election for the Presidency of the United Micronations. The founding member of the Principality of Hashima won and would be voted in into the Presidency for the first time since the foundation of the UM.
The next elections are scheduled for 9 January 2015.
The United Micronations has two special agencies:
- United Micronations Food and Agriculture Organization (tUM FAO)
- United Micronations International Justice Court (UM IJC)
The United Micronations Food and Agriculture Organization is an agency of the United Micronations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all members meet as equals to negotiate agreements and debate policy. FAO is also a source of knowledge and information and helps developing countries and countries in transition modernise and improve agriculture, forestry and fisheries practices, ensuring good nutrition and food security for all. The United Micronations International Justice Court (UM IJC) is the primary judicial branch of the United Micronations. Its main function is to settle legal disputes submitted to it by Micronations and private citizens.
Every member is free to send an email to the United Micronations, proposing a law or a pool to be applied in all the official members or discuss something of importance. The United Micronations will answer to everyone with email (if possible) and update the official talk page of this article on MicroWiki and the official website, opening pools for a referendum between the members if a member proposed a law.In case during the month there has not been proposed laws, but only discussions, the United Micronations will update the official talk page of this article on MicroWiki and the official website, publishing the discussions, for the vision of every official member.
The Presidency of the United Micronations is rotatory, so every official member can aspire to it. The term of the rotatory presidency is 2 months. The Presidency lasts exactly from 11 to 11 of two months (example: 11 January - 11 March); in the day of expiring of the Presidency, the newly incumbent President(s) will be/are announced. Two days before the expiring of the incumbent Presidency (in 9th day of that month), a pool will be published to elect the newly incumbent President(s). Every member is obligated to vote for another member and not for themselves. The member that receives more votes will be elected as new president.
In case of two or more members with the same amount of votes, the day before the expiring of the incumbent Presidency (in 10th day of that month), a further pool will be published with a second ballot between the remaining members; still every member (also who doesn't run more for the Presidency) is required to vote, and to give its vote to another Micronation and not to itself. The pool will be published into a new article on MicroWiki, with the following title: "Election DAY/MONTH/YEAR of the United Micronations' Presidency". A table will be created, with the list of the members, and every member will need to edit its personal space writing the name of who it wants to elect.
|Flag||Name||Member since||Claimed area||Currency(ies)||Capital(s)||Language(s)||Head(s) of State|
|Kingdom of Blackland||16 October 2015||0,1 km2||New Israeli Shekel||???||Hebrew, Russian||King Alen I|
|Nationalist Republic of the North Atlantic||24 March 2015||??? km2||U.S. Dollar (de facto)||Scarborough||English||President Parker J. McCauley|
|Principality of Hashima||2 October 2014||0,063 km2||Lirint of Hashima||Hashima||Hungarian, Italian||Prince Fabrizio I of Hashima|
Princess Enikő I of Hashima
|Republic of Shadesia||7 November 2015||4,98 km2||Serbian Dinar||Shadesgrad||Serbian||Nikola Jovanovic|
- The nation claims land on Earth, the United Micronations will not accept fictional places or Micronations situated in other planets.
- In cases of two Micronations claiming the same land, the United Micronations accepts an official member only if the nation which claimed the part of the land first;
- The United Micronations does not engage in Micronational warfare, so if a nation which joins this organization does not declare war against every other micronation, micronational organization or recognised country.
- If an official member declares war at another micronation/organisation/recognised Country, the incumbent Chairman(s) of the United Micronations has/have the right to can apply an expulsion act against the Micronation(s) that declared war;
- If an official member violates human rights in any form, the incumbent Chairman of the United Micronations has the right to apply an expulsion act against the Micronation which engaged in it.
- The nation has to be secessionist, simulationist micronations, or micronations which are explicitly fantasy, or shows pictures of imaginary armies, military vehicles, opponents, nuclear tests or space missions are not accepted.
If a nation has these requirements, then they will send an email to the United Micronations, giving the following details:
- Full Name:
- Area Claimed:
- Capital City:
- Head(s) of State:
- Official flag:
- Official MicroWiki page, or official website:
- Official email address:
Membership Revoking Policy
A member could lose their membership inside the United Micronations as a result of the following reasons:
• A member can lose membership if it is inactive:
• A member can lose membership if does not contact the United Micronations for 2 months.
• A member can lose membership if it engages in aggressive or offensive behaviour towards the United Micronations.
• A member can lose membership if they declares war on another other nation or organization.
• A member can lose membership if contacts the United Micronations asking to don't be more a member.
• A member can lose membership if introduces laws in its Micronation that damage every kind of the human rights.
In all these cases, the incumbent Chairman of the United Micronations that decides for an expulsion act.
When a Micronation joins the United Micronations, it will receive an official certificate about their membership, in which they must show on their official page on MicroWiki and on their official website.
The main objectives of the United Micronations are:
- Keep peace and security between members:
- Promote the solution to the international disputes and peacefully resolve situations that could lead to a breach of the peace:
- Develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equality between states and self-determination of peoples:
- Promote economic and social cooperation:
- Promote respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms for the benefit of all individuals:
- Promote respect for international law and to encourage the progressive development and its codification.