Transantarctic Supramicronational Union
|Transantarctic Supramicronational Alliance
|Membership||4 member nations|
|Foundation||March 11, 2020|
The Transantarctic Supramicronational Alliance (TSA) is an intermicronational alliance between several Antarctic micronations. The organization implements the Transantarctic Supramicronational Alliance Treaty that had its first ratifications signed and exchanged on 11 March 2020. TSA constitutes a system of collective defense whereby its independent member states agree to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party. The participant micronations have common policies on product regulation, freedom of movement of goods, a common external trade policy and a common passport standard.
The TSA was officially established on March 11, 2020 as an alliance of several micronations with claims on the Antarctic continent. The beginning of 2020 manifested itself with a need for a micronational organization which would:
- Effectively monitor the political situation in the Antarctic area, individual/national/micronational activities on the continent and global continental processes of both natural and human character.
- Have an election based rotary management (with elections held every year).
- Be easy contactable by both solicited and unsolicited individuals and organizations.
- Have a diplomatic approach towards new parties as opposed to a forward sanctionary approach.
- Provide a clear stance on new continental claims (with a brief history of Antarctic micronationalism) to upcoming Antarctic micronations or micronations with intent of claiming any Antarctic territory.
- Add geopolitical balance to current Antarctic micronationalism making it multilateral.
Involvement in Antarctic conflicts
- On June 22, 2020 Abrahamia claimed territories of several Antarctic micronations and declared "war" on the Transantarctic Supramicronational Alliance. The "war" ended on the same day after being handled via diplomatic channels and claims being renounced.
- On November 2, 2020 the Conflict over the Drygalski Island was handled with Lukland publicly announcing that it gave up its claims of the island to Brienia.
- The United Republics of Antarctica: member since March 11, 2020
- Empire of Dakantra: member since April 22, 2020
Micronations with Antarctic colonies
- United Republic of Englica: member since March 11, 2020
- Kingdom of Lukland: member since August 27, 2020
Minimum requirements for becoming a new member of the Transantarctic Supramicronational Alliance:
- Having territorial claims on the Antarctic continent, which are not violating claims made by the United Republics of Antarctica, Englica, Lukland, Westarctica, Flandrensis, Karnia-Ruthenia, Lostisland and Hortania.
- Having substantial proof that your territorial claims can be defended.
- Your micronational media presence must be manifested by at least a website, a facebook page and a page on MicroWiki.
- Agreeing with the articles of the TSA Treaty and being ready to ratify them.
- Having a non-hostile government towards current members of the alliance.
“The Parties to this Treaty reaffirm their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments. They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilization of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being in the Antarctic area. They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defense and for the preservation of peace and security.”
The treaty consists of 13 articles.