Hausgurd Union of the Crowns
|Hausgurd Union of the Crowns |
Hâūsgêrd Yūnyîn ûv t̂û Krâūnz
Motto: Por le Seignour que nous servons
For the Lord we serve.
|Official languages||English |
|Recognised regional languages||English|
|Official scripts||Alternate English Romanisation System|
|Government||Constitutional Federated Elective Monarchy|
|Muchnieg B. Hausgurd|
|Sovereign State (Micronation)|
|16th March 2020|
• Admitted to Cupertino Alliance
|31st March 2020|
|16th April 2020|
• Joined the UARM
|23rd May 2020|
|0.001317 km2 (0.000508 sq mi)|
• 2020 estimate
|Time zone||GMT/UTC (UTC+/-0)|
• Summer (DST)
|Drives on the||left|
|Internet TLD||.ha (Planned)|
Member of the Cupertino Alliance.
The Hausgurd Union of the Crowns (commonly shortened to Hausgurd or H.U.C) is a micronation composed of three non-contiguous enclaves located in the macronational entities of England, Portugal and Australia. It was founded by HIM Muchnieg I and several others on 16 March 2020.
The Union currently operates under a system of Elective Federated Constitutional Monarchy, with HIM Muchnieg I, the first and currently only Emperor holding supreme power, advised and assisted by the Imperial Council.
Hausgurd was established on 16 March 2020, after the unification of the Tipidian Empire, the Grand Imperial Republic of Casteau and the Taolinian Kaiserreich. It was agreed to let the Empire of Eukan, the Empire of Elysium, and the Yedinist Republic of New Prussia control its military affairs for the first month. Furthermore, the aforementioned nations also agreed to sign individual mutual defence and non-aggression pacts with the Union and to be allowed to have one seat each on the legislative council. During April 2020, the Empire of Etukan, the Empire of Elysium and the Yedinist Republic of New Prussia designated one administrator, which would own all digital assets for one month for stability. During the 1st Imperial Electoral, Muchnieg B. Hausgurd was elected Emperor. The Taolinian Kaserriech subsequently left the union, dissolving shortly after, bringing the number of prefectures down to two.
On 31 March 2020, Hausgurd was admitted to the Cupertino Alliance. Hausgurd celebrated the first month of independence on 16 April 2020, changing the orefectures for provinces and 22 days later on 6 May 2020, drafted a new constitution which was written by the constitutional convention. The convention comprised of the Emperor and the Imperial Electors, as well as Jayden Lycon from the Cupertino Alliance, T̂û Krīyēītêr (AERS), and Zecheriah O'Hair. On 23 May 2020, Hausgurd joined the Union of AERS Recognising Micronations (YĀRM) and on 31 May 2020 the Official Languages and Scripts Act, fully recognising the Alternate English Romanisation System, a more phonetic method of writing the English language, which was invented and popularised within the nation by T̂û Krīyēītêr (AERS).
On 29 July 2020, Jayden Lycon attended a summit with the Kingdom of Humberlea as part of the Cupertino Alliance, the Union was given the opportunity to submit a treaty for physical signature by the Humberlean Representative. Jayden Lycon signed on behalf of the nation, with authority delegated to him to do so by the Emperor. To serve as an interim measure until the completion of the Constitution, the Emperor formed the provisional council which would serve as a subordinate to the Imperial Council. The Council was fairly active, passing several pieces of new legislation, and admitting a new administrative division, the Duchy of Aldosia, to the Union. The Constitution was finished on 22 October 2020, and was brought into force almost a month later on 21 November 2020.
|This article is part of the series|
|Politics and government|
of the Hausgurd Union of the Crowns
Hausgurd is a federated constitutional monarchy, with the Emperor serving as the Head of State of the Union. The legislature is the unicameral National Assembly, elected quarterly by the citizens of the Union. The head of Government is the Prime Minister, who is the leader or Prime Ministerial candidate of the political party with the majority of seats of the National Assembly. The Prime Minister is assisted by their Cabinet, composed of Ministers and secretaries, and a deputy Prime Minister.
The Union is composed of several types of administrative division, to which administration in local matters is devolved. There are four different types of administrative division within the Union:
- Provinces - These have a lesser government, headed by a Prince (HoS) and an office of their choice as (HoG), with a unicameral legislature. Provinces have the most privileges within the Union, with a Prince of a Province automatically becoming an Imperial Elector by ex officio.
- Duchies - These are effectively smaller Provinces, with a Duke as HoS and a Chancellor (if required) as HoG. A Duchy may have a unicameral legislature, however these tend to be more council-style bodies.
- Overseas Territories - These have the least privileges within the Union, only being able to send a fixed figure of representatives to the Nation Assembly[a]. An Overseas Territory is not required to have Citizens residing on its territory, and is governed by a Governor, who may appoint a Lieutenant Governor to assist them if required.
- Special Administrative Regions - The most autonomous administrative division of the Union, a Special Administrative Region (SAR) is administered by its own, semi-independent government, to which the Government of the Union is represented by a Prime Lieutenant Officer, who is appointed by the Prime Minister of the Union. Regular laws of the Union, including all Acts of the National Assembly[b], do not apply within the SAR unless expressly specified, however, the SAR qualifies for the protection and benefits of the Union.
The Union was founded with three original Provinces, the third of which left in April 2020, and was replaced by a Duchy several months later, for a total of three administrative divisions within the Union.
|Flag||Coat of Arms||Reference Code||Name||Established||Macronational Area||Head of State|
|Tipidia||16 March 2020||Portugal||Prince Muchnieg B. Hausgurd|
|Casteau||16 March 2020||Dronfield, England||Prince Joseph Peto|
|Aldosia||4 December 2020||Queensland, Australia||Duke Rory McPhail|
Currently, the Union recognizes six states and maintains its membership to the Cupertino Alliance, The MCUK of the Global Micronational Council and formerly ComSov, before is dissolution. Currently, only one of the treaties of mutual recognition (that with the Kingdom of Humberlea) has been physically signed by both parties involved (see image).
Full foreign relations; treaties signed
- [[Empire of Etukan]
- Republic of Elysium
- Kingdom of Humberlea
- State of Vishwamitra 
- Empire of Lurdentania 
- Maslatonist Nation 
- Misberian Confederacy 
Former foreign relations
Geography and climate
|Climate data for Hausgurd Union of the Crowns (Province of Casteau)|
|Average high °C (°F)||6.1
|Average low °C (°F)||0.7
|Average Precipitation mm (inches)||74
|Source: Climate Data Organization|
References, Notes and Links
- Government of the Hausgurd Union of Crowns (n.d.) The Hausgurd Union of Crowns
- Lycon, Jayden (28 March 2020) Cupertino Gazette Issue 9
- Division of Membership Attainment (31 March 2020) Hausgurd Results
- Constitutional Convention (H.U.C)
- Law 002: Official Languages and Scripts Act
- Spreadsheet of all H.U.C Government Legislation (n.d)
- The Constitution, 2020 (22 October 2020)
- Duchy of Aldosia (Admission) Act, 2020
- Treaty between the Hausgurd Union of the Crowns and the Kingdom of Humberlea
- Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the State of Vishwamitra and the Hausgurd Union of the Crowns
- Treaty of Allyship between the Kingdom of Lurdentania and the Hausgurd Union of the Crowns
- Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Maslatonist Nation and the Hausgurd Union of the Crowns
- M1 Treaty with H.U.C
- Climate-data.org (n.d.) Dronfield climate (United Kingdom)
- As opposed to a Province or a Duchy, which sends a number of representatives proportionate to its population.
- Which the SAR is not entitled to send representatives to.
- Second piece of paper down, first is the North York Agreement.