It is unnecessary to include braces, quotation marks or other wiki-markup in the template. The |text= field does allow the use of wiki-markup at the contributor's discretion.
- image - Image relating to the subject of the article.
- size - Set the size of the image here, it will default to 250px if no size is specified.
- side - Set the location of the image here, it will default to left if no side is specified. Use right or center as the variable.
- caption- Image caption, if any.
- text - A brief summary of the subject.
- link - Wikilink to the main article about the subject.
archive - Using this field with a value of no will remove the More selected articles link in the lower left corner.