Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Siroccan provincial elections, 2011
The 2011 Siroccan Provincial Elections (also known as Election '11) are the next provincial elections to be held in the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco, in order to decide the first Chancellor of Sirocco. Initially to be held between January 1 and January 9, 2011, the elections were postponed on December 29. The delay continued until April 8, 2011 when it was announced that elections would be held the next week.
Elections in Sirocco
Unlike other nations such as St.Charlie, elections in Sirocco do not dictate the leader of the nation. Instead, they dictate who will serve as Siroccan Chancellor for the calendar year.
Nominations are typically open for three weeks following the announcement of an election. This is followed by one week of voting. The final day of voting is generally considered as 'Election Day', as this is the date by which all votes must be in by.
The 2011 Siroccan Provincial Elections were announced by Premier Anderson on December 10, 2010, before being postponed on December 29, 2010 due to a lack of activity within Sirocco with respect to nominations.
- December 10, 2010: Elections announced, nominations open
- December 31, 2010: Nominations close
- January 1, 2011: Voting begins
- January 8, 2011: Voting ends
- January 9, 2011: Results announced
- April 8, 2011: Elections announced, nominations open
- April 15, 2011: Nominations close
- April 29, 2011: Voting begins
- May 5, 2011: Voting ends
- May 6, 2011: Results announced