Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Senate of Orfalia
|Senate of Orfalia|
|Consul||Isacio Arcadio, SDP|
|Opposition Leader||Marcius Dives Pacilus, NPO|
|Political groups||Social Democratic Party (308) |
National Party (135)
Kostalira Bartresa (57)
|Voting system||Election by list|
|Last election||29 January 20161|
The Senate was the legislature in Orfalia, composed by the Senate and the People’s Assembly.
Composition and Functions
The Senate was composed by all Orphics over 21 years, with no cases pending with the Justice, nor are debtors with public or private orphic entities, members of any legal political party, elected by the People`s Assembly, assuming the position of magistrates for 1 year. Its powers and duties were:
- To issue binding edicts.
- To exercise veto power against decisions of the Great Archon or magistrates of lower authority.
- They had named secretaries for help in administrative tasks.
- They had to attend the Senate in each session, except for reasons of force majeure.
The Senate had 500 seats. They had to be distributed among political parties that obtain at least 5% of votes, according to the D`Hondt Law. The Senate had appoint a Consul to assume the Presidency of the Senate, the regulation of the Senate and take the Great Archon at the time that the Great Archon dies, resigns, is dismissed or is unable to perform his duties.
The Great Archon was elected by the Senate, assuming the Chief of Government for 1 year.
They were elected two Praetors by Senate to serve a term of 1 year. Its powers and duties:
- To issue binding edicts to enforce and administer the law.
- Convene the People`s Assembly to organize people`s courts in cases of trial, by lot.
- Speak veto against another Pretor or magistrates
- To appoint secretaries to assist with administrative tasks.
- Accept resources.
Citizenship and the censors
Citizenship was granted by a Censor. The Censors were elected by the Senate for a period of 5 years. Their obligations were to maintain a list of Citizens, Senators, Magistrates, and safeguard public morality and honor by a collegiate warning through notes:
- A note against an individual is sufficient to deprive notified of the right to vote until it is removed.
- A note against a senator will eject the Senator from camera until it is removed.
|Party Name||Emblem||Short Name||Leader(s)||Position||Colours||Seats in Parliament|
|Social Democratic Party||SDP||Janus Augusto
||Imperium and Social democracy||Red and white|
|National Party||NP||Marcius Dives Pacilus
||Imperium, Conservatism and Right-wing||Blue and white|
|Kostalira Bartresa||KB||Pinarius Blaesus Helva
||Justinian Theodorism, Localism, Anti-capitalism and Left-wing nationalism||Black and white|
The People’s Assembly
The People’s Assembly it is composed of all citizens older than 18 years.
The People’s Assembly shall adopt National Budget each legislature by an absolute majority. The Government and the Crown cannot liquidate more than the specified in those documents from the General Budget.