Roscoe's Scale of Micronational Seriousness
Topic 1: Reliance on the Internet
This topic measures how much your nation would be impacted if the servers hosting your nation ceased to exist.
- 1: Devastating impact, nation destroyed (Online/virtual nation)
- 2: Considerable impact, most citizens disconnected from the nation
- 3: Agreeable impact, online government services/information affected, some citizens disconnected from the nation
- 4: Minor impact, online government services/information affected
- 5: Almost no impact, online government services/information affected (Bricks and mortar nation)
Topic 2: Claims on citizens
This topic measures how serious your nation is based on your citizens.
- 1: Nation claims people who do not consent or do not know about the nation as citizens.
- 2: Nation claims inanimate objects or animals as citizens.
- 3: People may become citizens without an application process.
- 4: Citizens undergo an application and receive either virtual or physical citizenship documents.
- 5: Citizens undergo an application and receive either virtual or physical citizenship documents and may only be local residents of the vicinity of the nation (excludes honorary subjects).
Topic 3: End Goal
This topic measures how serious your nation is based on its end goals.
(This section intentionally skips 2 and 4)
- 1: To have fun/part of a school project
- 3: To become an autonomous zone within the nation's macronation
- 5: To become a fully independent recognised nation
Topic 4: Government
This topic looks at your government to determine how serious your nation is.
- 1: Nation has no government (One man nation)
- 2: Nation has an unstructured government with very few active members, no elections and rare parliamentary meetings.
- 3: Nation has a somewhat structured government with few active members, elections and occasional parliamentary meetings.
- 4: Nation has a decently structured government with active members, elections and physical or virtual parliamentary meetings.
- 5: Nation has a well structured government with active members, active departments, elections and physical parliamentary meetings.
Topic 5: Second opinion
This topic requires you to find somebody unbiased toward your nation (not a member of your nation) and ask them to rank your nation on seriousness between 1 and 5, 1 being not serious and 5 being completely serious.
Once you have collated all of your scorings, your score will be the average of the numbers you have collected combined. Here is an example:
- Australis: 3/5/3/5/4 = 3+5+3+5+4 = 20; 20/5 = 4.0
This means that Australis would rank 4.0 on the RSMS.
Here is the scoring system:
- 1.0-1.4: This can only be described as a troll nation or a highly unserious simulationist nation.
- 1.5-1.9: This nation is likely a simulationist nation, and its actions should not be regarded as important.
- 2.0-2.9: This nation is likely very young, and still learning the basics of micronationalism. Give it time and it may go up in the RSMS.
- 3.0-3.9: An average nation. With a bit of effort, this nation could easily go up in the RSMS.
- 4.0-4.9: A highly serious nation, likely aiming to either be recognized as independent or become an autonomous zone within a macronation.
- 5.0: Very obviously one of the most serious nations. One could describe this as a secessionist nation.
List of nations
Please ensure that you place your nation in alphabetical order. For example, if two nations had the same score, nation A would go over nation B due to A coming first in alphabetical order.
- ▲ = increase.
- ▬ = steady.
- ▼ = decrease.
|2020 data||Change from previous year||2020 data||Change from previous year|
|Very High RSMS|
|1||▬||Kingdom of Hrafnarfjall||4.80||▬|
|2||▬||Empire of Aenopia||4.40||▬|
|3||▬||Unified Royal States of Australis||4.20||▬|
|4||▬||Empire of Lehmark||4.20||▬|
|5||▬||Commonwealth of Naveria||4.00||▬|
|6||▬||Free Socialist State of Paloma||4.00||▬|
|7||▬||Republic of Matthewopia||3.60||▬|
|8||▬||Principality of New Eiffel||3.60||▬|
|10||▬||Grand Republic of Cycoldia||3.40||▬|
|11||▬||People’s Republic Of Titan||3.40||▬|
|12||▬||People's Republic of Ponderosa Hills||3.20||▬|
|13||▬||West River Confederation||3.20||▬|
|14||▬||Social Republic of Georgienstine||3.20||▬|