Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Railway of Verd'land
|This article is being considered for deletion by a user in accordance with MicroWiki's deletion policy. The given reason is: Cleanup. Moved to "FoxRail".. Please discuss its proposed deletion on the talk page. Do not remove this template until the proposed deletion has been discussed, and the page decided to not be deleted, or if you are an administrator and have decided that this page is not worthy of deletion.|
• Czech Republic
|National Rail abbreviation:||FKV / ZŽ|
|Track length:||0 km|
Railway of Verd'land (Verd'landian: Feratãkoleɩar Vẽrdɩlandielor; Czech: Zelenozemské Železnice) is a national rail company of Verd'land.
Railway of Verd'land uses classification system of its fictional namesake company. Units are being named by abbreviation, project country and project's or first approved construction's year by Verdist chronology. Separating symbol between class and year exists, but isn't clearly defined, so dashes, slashes and dots can be equally used.
It looks like: «energy+type+country+year».
|Abbreviation||Meaning||Translation||Type of unit|
|DA||Dizeliɩ avtovagon||Diesel autocoach||Diesel motor coach|
|DV||Dizeliɩ vlaet||Diesel train||DMU|
|ẼA||Ẽlektričiɩ avtovagon||Electric autocoach||Electric motor coach|
|ẼV||Ẽlektričiɩ vlaet||Electric train||EMU|
- As in Estuarian dialect the "train" word translates as "trenul", it is possible to replace the letter V by T in Verd'landian rolling stock abbreviations.
Classes of comfort in Verd'landian railways slightly differ from the standard European ones.
- 1st class (Verd'landian: Anitiɩ nift; Czech: První třída) — extra-comfort intercity class. Sitting units of this class are provided with highly comfortable seats and extra service. Sleeping units have compartments with no more than 2 couchettes.
- 2nd class (Verd'landian: Doviɩ nift; Czech: Druhá třída) — standard intercity class. Sitting units should have separated, numbered, bookable seats and be relatively comfortable for the long time of travel. Sleeping units have compartments with no more than 4 couchettes.
- 3rd class (Verd'landian: Triɩ nift; Czech: Třetí třída) — standard suburban class. Mandatory condition for unit to belong to the third class is presence of soft seats. The last ones are not separated nor numbered, they can't be booked. The passengers who hadn't find free seats, should travel standing. Sleeping units aren't provided.
- 4rd class (Verd'landian: Patriɩ nift; Czech: Čtvrtá třída) — outdated suburban class. Seats are rough (usually wooden) or absent at all. Sleeping units aren't provided.
As a best option, Railway of Verd'land plans to have 2-3 units of the Czechoslovak small-capacity motor coaches of 810 series (DAČS-430). They are ideally suit to amateur railways due to their cheapness, small size and reability.
While due to the possibility of rail companies registering in Czech Republic, the purchase of trains seems to be relatively easy and dependent of the availability of required funds only, organization of their movement is more complicated. The only way to link seliturs (entities of Verd'landian micronation) with each other or common railway is to built rail gates uniting yards of private houses with Prague tram system. This requires arrangements with Prague Public Transit Company, and can be very hard or impossible.