Province of Arpuro
Duchy of Libertia
Province of Arpuro
Província de Arpuro (pt)
Upper view of the Ducal Palace of Lomellina e Berenguer (February 2016)
|Country||Duchy of Libertia|
|- Provincial Marquis||D. Diego Di Govêa|
|Area Claimed||~300 m² (3229.173 ft²)|
Arpuriano / Arpuriana (pt)
The Province of Arpuro (Portuguese: Província de Arpuro) is one of the two Libertian provinces and the biggest one in the Duchy of Libertia. The area is full of fruit trees wich is the main and only economic profit in Libertia. At the middle there is the Ducal Warehouse where the libertian family Lomellina-Berenguer stores it's older posessions.
The now Ducal Palace of Lomellina e Berenguer (Province of Grancasa) was built arround 1900 and 1905 by portuguese builders. In total three families lived in Grancasa until the House of Lomellina e Berenguer bought the house in 1999 attached to Arpuro, a green field full of fruit trees and some chickens (hence the rooster as the symbol of Libertia).
During the night of 7 April 2015, without having been any of resistance of the defense forces of Arpuro, fruit trees were damaged and a whole harvest expected to be sold in the coming months was lost, which generated a loss calculated in 100.00€ by the public treasury of Libertia. What worried the government and researchers was the significance and responsibility for the economic attack the Duchy suffered.
Five days later on the 11th of April 2015, a traditional family from Madeira Island and whose domains are the current Province of Arpuro, gave new specimens of trees for planting and cultivation of arpurian fruits. The generous attitude of Fernandes Family ended with the widespread fear on the decrease fruit production and subsequent economic disaster which could severely undermine the public treasury of Libertia.
Arpuro is constituted in a 300 m2 field, full of fruit trees and a widespread of plants and medicinal herbs. At the center there is the Ducal Warehouse where the libertian family Lomellina-Berenguer stores it's older posessions.
List of Provincial Marquesses