|This article or section contains out-of-date information or information about an entity that is currently undergoing major changes.|
|OCI OAO MMX GCGP WOL KHC|
|Smith at B3022 Road, Windsor, Berkshire, August 2020|
11 August 2018–20 June 2020
|Prime Ministers||Daleen Smith (2018–19) |
Joost Smith (19–20)[a]
Christina Nowell (20–20)[b]
Leon Montan (20–20)
12 February 2019–1 November 2020[c]
12 February 2019–8 July 2020
5 October—1 November 2020
24 October 2019
|Prime Minister||Sir John Timpson|
Sir Nick Sullivan
|Secretary of State||Sir Harrison Pickles|
13 March 2021 - 30 July 2021
|Born||18 November 2004 (16 years, 336 days)|
Epsom Hospital, Epsom, Surrey
|Birth name||Zarel Wilhelmus Jacobus Smith|
|Citizenship||United Kingdom |
|Residence||Greater London, England|
|Occupation||MicroWiki administrator • actor • filmmaker|
|Profession||Politician • journalist • statistician|
|Known for||Most prolific editor on MicroWiki|
Founder and first CEO of Statistic-Dime
|Nicknames||ZWJS • Zed • Zeddy • (personal) |
Z. Luna Skye • DJ Zeddy (professional)
see List of names used by Zarel Smith
|In service||2020 - present|
|Unit|| Royal Rifles (2020-2021)|
Baustralian Dragoons (2021-)
Zarel Wilhelmus Jacobus Smith (ZWJS)[d] (/'zaːrəl ʋɪlˈɦɛlmɵs jaːˈkoːbɵs ˈsmɪθ/; // ( (listen)); born 18 November 2004) more commonly known mononymously as Zed among various other names, is a retired UK-born South African micronationalist politician, journalist, filmmaker, statistician and former MicroWiki administrator, who reigned as the first Prince of the Principality of New Eiffel from 11 August 2018 until his abdication on 20 June 2020, in addition to being the head of state of its predecessors, the Republic and Kingdom of New Finland. Smith later served as the Minister of Transportation and Foreign Minister of New Eiffel. He is generally credited for the vast majority of New Eiffel's cultural, architectural, industrial and diplomatic development, though received notable criticism from the Yellow Party for his lack of legislative lawmaking, apparent "anti-LGBT" sentiment and lack of activity within politics as a whole.
Smith has been a prominent and ubiquitous figure within the MicroWiki Sector, and has been recognisable throughout the history of the MicroWiki community during the Discord Era. Smith used to be highly active on MicroWiki@Discord, on which he also used to be an administrator. Founder of Statistic-Dime, Smith is known for his wiki editing, surveys, liberal policies and other frequent projects and standardisations; Micronationalist of the Month, Micronationalist of the Year, DIME Magazine, the annual LGBT Rights Index, Microcode, the Shrek Super Party, Project Micronation and the Intermicronational Time Zones Standard. Despite having largely retired, Smith remains active on MicroWiki, editing under the account Z Luna Skye,[‡ 1][e] and holds the record for the largest number of edits made on the English-language MicroWiki, exceeding over 35,000 and more than 3,000 page creations.[‡ 3] Smith was formerly active in the London Sector, TOES Sector and the African sector, and has taken several positions in his career, including federal, judicial, ministerial, public sector and local work. Smith the Governor of the Austenasian territory of Green Gate. Formerly, Smith held several positions in Essexia, Somcow, Abelden, Oceania, Ponderosa Hills, and was the former Posafian Premier of Nievenorte between 16 May—1 October 2020, and was formerly an MP in the Aspen Empire and the later Kingdom of Appalachia, Hala'ib Triangle, Caddia, Mercia, Ünie, Yu-Xia and Misberia. Smith has been the Superior Judge of the Cupertino Alliance since 25 March 2020. A vocal supporter of intermicronational organisations, Smith was the founder and Chair of the New Eiffel Union of Micronations (later retitled the Organisation of Active Micronations, a name taken from a major micronational organisation that was active from 2009 to 2011) between 21 November 2018–May 2019, and the Christian Micronational Union between 4 September 2019–2 March 2020, and held various other positions in the Grand Unified Micronational and the Micronational Olympic Federation. Smith later unsuccessfully ran as Jayden Lycon's running mate in the June 2020 election, losing with a low 12.9% of the vote.
Smith has often been cited as being one of the most influential micronationalists in the "New Guard". Smith is a member of five invitation-only micronational social clubs, and joined the Micropolitan Club and Lounge on 18 August 2019, and is also a member of Drunkiz Gadurō, Microfurs and is a co-founder of The Fun Gang and TOES. Smith was selected as Dime's "Micronationalist of the Month" for February 2020, and was also ranked fourth of ten by Nicholas Randouler in his Monthly MicroWiki Micronationalists Power Index for May 2020. Smith placed himself fourth on the "MicroWiki's 25 Most Influential" list for 2020 in December. Smith was also nominated for Micronationalist of the Year for 2019.
Outside of micronationalism, Smith is an actor, filmmaker, film director, cinematographer, statistician, musical artist, writer, and semi-retired film critic and photographer among other ventures.
Republic of New Finland
Smith became interested in micronationalism after hearing about the Republic of Molossia via its website. Soon after, Smith began researching micronationalism via Wikipedia, and founded his first micronation the Republic of New Finland on 31 December 2017, on New Year's Eve minutes before New Year's Day; declaring himself President and laying claim to his cousins house in South Africa during a vacation to the country. New Finland is often considered a predecessor to New Eiffel. Smith created New Finland's flag, coat of arms, and currency. On 4 January 2018, upon Smith's return to his home in Greater London, a new claim was made in his residence, and later the original claim in South Africa was dropped entirely due to the long distance.[f] The Republic, however, soon became plagued with inactivity, and so Smith began plans to reform it. Smith created a new flag and coat of arms alongside various other national symbols and reformed the law by creating a supreme court and enacted democracy into the nation. Record of what happened in-between the Republic before the foundation of the Kingdom is relatively unknown, though allegedly there seems to have been a civil war.
King of New Finland
The Republic had been in a state of de facto anarchy for some time. Smith, wanting to bring back New Finland, decided to reform it into a monarchy, declaring himself as the King on 4 June 2018.[g] As King, Smith oversaw the reestablishment of the court and the reform of the law, the creation of His Royal Army of New Eiffel, and created the Łight Net currency. Smith also improved New Finlandic cinema, transportation and the press. In early June 2018,[h] the Supreme General Joost Smith (who was also the Minister of War) announced in a video that he had declared a coup d'état on New Finland, and would try to gain control over it. Joost proceeded to attack Smith around five minutes after he declared war, attacking him in his office. Smith quickly grabbed a wooden sword and defended himself by hitting Joost in the leg, causing him to desist. Joost was suspended until 30 June[i] After a short discussion, Smith made a deal with Joost that Joost would keep the peace if he made New Finland more democratic. Smith, however, kept legal power over the courts, and pardoned himself from any accusations made against him or delayed the cases from proceeding. Smith later used legal loopholes and false accusations to steal resident's property. In late June, following the massive scandal, Smith willingly stepped down after heavy backlash from the population and the media, apparently "in tears". Soon after, every position was left in vacancy, and the Kingdom was de facto left in anarchy.
Accession to New Eiffel
On 8 August 2018, Smith had rediscovered micronationalism and became increasingly fascinated by the thought of reforming and returning New Finland to a state of activity. Pegging New Finland's disestablishment to its lack of planning, Smith made a checklist of things he wanted New Finland to have, and began researching micronationalism online, where he discovered MicroWiki (though he did not register an account until 27 September) and viewed the 6-part BBC light entertainment television series How to Start Your Own Country via YouTube. Presented by Danny Wallace, the series told the story of Wallace's experience of founding a micronation, Lovely, located in his London flat. The following day, Smith began work on the recognised public holidays, declared Christianity the official religion, and outlined some national symbols. On 10 August, Smith created the Citizens Index, and filmed a digital tour of New Eiffel, calling himself "Prince Zarel I". Smith officially declared the Principality of New Temporary independent on 11 August, declaring himself the Prince. Smith created the national flag on 11 August and later adopted the coat of arms which was used by the Kingdom of New Finland on 13 August. Between 11–29 August, Smith oversaw huge territorial, cultural and architectural development. He also wrote the national anthem "Friendly, New Eiffel", On 30 August, upon Joost's recommendation, New Temporary was renamed to New Eiffel in reference to the Eiffel Tower.[j] On 1 September, Smith declared a general election to take place between 15–25 December. On 10 September, Smith declared several national symbols and began work on a constitution on 25 September. Throughout October, Smith oversaw vast development of the law, military, maps, the media (especially television), territorial claims, and transportation. Throughout November, Smith began New Eiffel's huge diplomatic outreach into the MicroWiki community, and also created a business registry and citizenship application.
In December, Smith established the Royal Archives and created His Royal Mail Service of New Eiffel. Following the general election on 25 December, Daleen Smith was declared Prime Minister of New Eiffel. On 21 January 2019, Smith wrote the national anthem "Stand tall, New Eiffel", which replaced the previous anthem. The constitution which Smith had begun writing in September 2018 was finished and adopted on 1 March. Smith commissioned Walker Schroeder, current Chancellor of the Unitary State of Swivia, for the creation of "Aardvarks on Parade" on 28 April, which was completed on 20 May the following year. Smith created the Order of the Beaver on 25 March, Order of the Lion on 25 May and the Most Excellent Order of the Amphisbaena Potato on 15 June. Smith conducted New Eiffel's only census on 6 July. On 3 September, by order of Smith, acts of the New Eiffelic parliament began being officially recorded. Smith wrote the Voting Reform Act which was passed on 9 October, reforming the requirements to vote in the general election. After facing criticism from various Libertarians, Smith struck up an agreement with Joost, and wrote and proposed the Prince Powers Act, restricting and better defining the Monarch's powers.
Crisis in New Eiffel and responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
On 14 December, Smith inadvertently lost the digital and only record of New Eiffel's constitution, starting the 2019–2020 New Eiffelic Constitution Crisis and subsequently the Crisis in New Eiffel. Despite this, the 2019 general election still took place as scheduled, and Joost Smith was declared Prime Minister. On 11 February 2020, a non-New Eiffelic citizen James Frisch offered to Smith to write a new constitution for New Eiffel. Smith accepted and oversaw its final revisions alongside Prime Minister Joost Smith, then the constitution was adopted via a referendum on 1 April. On 14 February 2020, Smith made a royal decree decreeing all New Eiffelic island territorial claims to be dropped, disestablishing the Island of A Férfiak, the Island of New Knight, and the Island of Zackro. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Smith declared the first-ever state of caution due to the continuing spread of coronavirus in the surrounding areas. Smith was slow to react to the pandemic, and controversially took a "calm" approach, and stated on 15 March that sporting events and outside travel would not be restricted for the time being, however, later on 24 March Smith restricted all outside travel. Travel bans were lifted on 27 April with a set curfew. Due to the proximity of all New Eiffelic residents, no forms of social distancing was ever imposed. Furthermore, frequent hand sanitation was also highly recommended, though not enforced. Smith received a mixed reception from internal as well as external critics on his response to the pandemic.[unreliable source] On 20 April, Joost was removed from his position through a motion of no confidence, and Leader of the Opposition Christina Nowell became the interim Prime Minister, however, she was removed through a motion of no confidence a few days later. After Parliament could not agree on who should become the next Prime Minister because of the constitution not defining it, they voted to temporarily make Smith an absolute monarch. On 1 May, the Document Forming the Transitional Government of New Eiffel was signed by Smith, and Parliament became the Transitional Legislature, and Leon Montan as First Minister, with Nowell becoming Deputy First Minister. Smith, alongside Montan, worked closely with Jayden Lycon from the Cupertino Electoral Supervisory Commission following New Eiffel's membership into the Cupertino Alliance to host a general election to help end the political crisis. Various delays, however, lasting for nearly a month took place, and the election finally began on 23 May and ended on 25 May, though ultimately proved unsuccessful.
On 16 June, Smith announced his wish to abdicate. Smith revealed he had been considering his abdication "for a few months" prior. Smith said Smith signed his abdication letter on 18 June, which was to be made official upon Joost's coronation, whom Smith had chosen as the successor as Smith's brother. A crown was also created for the coronation, which had to be rushed due to Smith's short notice. At the coronation, the entire royal family was present — Smith took the crown and put it atop Joost's head, declaring him His Majesty Joost the First, Second Prince of New Eiffel. Smith gave a speech following his abdication:
It has been an honour to be the Prince of this nation, for nearly two years. We together have held strong through the good times, as well as the tough times. I definitely have no regrets, and I will never stop loving or even being involved with New Eiffel. I wish the new Prince the best of luck, and he has my full support and confidence he will serve and lead the nation successfully.— Smith's abdication speech, spoken in person (2020)
Joining MicroWiki, the NEUM and the Furry war (27 September 2018–January 2019)
Smith registered an account on MicroWiki on 27 September 2018 and made his first edit on 28 September. [‡ 4] Initially Smith was rarely active, and his main form of communication was through talk pages on the wiki, although he did also register an account on the forums, which he did not utilise. On the same day, Smith contacted Austin Jaax via e-mail requesting mutual relations with the Republic of Iustus (today part of the Empire of Iustus), however, the request was denied. Smith later created the New Eiffel Union of Micronations (later retitled the Organisation of Active Micronations) on 21 November, aiming a community of smaller and newer micronations. Gaining six members by the end of the month, it had greatly expanded Smith's outreach. It had reached eleven by December, and Smith became political friends with Anthony Dickson of Hala'ib Triangle, Lahav Morris of Blue Army and Cooper Norfolk of Seybold. Smith's first impression to the wider community, however, was one of ridicule, after Smith engaged in online micronational warfare via MicroWiki talk pages with Aidan McGrath of the erstwhile Catholique Socialist Republic, after McGrath had declared war on New Eiffel because of their support of the furry fandom on 12 December. The incident, dubbed the "Furry war [sic]" had consisted solely of exchanges of insults and threats with each other. The incident was strongly criticised by members on MicroWiki@Discord, as well as from Norfolk, whom wrote critical remarks about the conflict in Issue #75 of Seybold Today. Following the end of the conflict on 15 December, Smith and McGrath continued to hold opposing views, though later the two regretted the conflict and established peace after New Eiffel joined the League of Nations on 16 January 2019.
Smith created the now highly publicised Micronationalist of the Month award on 28 January, which has since built up a favourable legacy. Smith was initially ridiculed upon entering MicroWiki@Discord on 7 February, particularly due to his initial unprofessionalism and the Furry war, with some members citing him as "wacky", "egotistical" and "asocial." Luxor (Karl Friedrich), noting Smith's contributions to MicroWiki, made him a patroller on 24 February, which was Smith's first form of any recognition for his editing on MicroWiki. The first foreign micronation Smith joined was the Empire of Austenasia, after he became a non-residential subject on 14 March after founding the Austenasian Territory of Green Gate, which he administers as its Governor as Lord Zarel Smith, Baron of Green Gate. Luxor created the website MicroWikiDictionary after it was suggested by Smith on 7 April, and Smith later founded the well-known Microcode et al on 16 April. On 19 April, Smith became subject to the meme "@New Eiffel Government", which involves users pinging ("@ing") his Discord account on MicroWiki@Discord.
Rise in popularity (May—December 2019)
Throughout May and June, Smith gradually became a popular and ubiquitous figure on MicroWiki@Discord, sending at one point over 4,200 messages per month, and also joined various micronations and became active in intermicronational governments, particularly ones in the Discord community, such as the Aspen Empire, Zuhan Empire and Grand Republic of Cycoldia. Between June and July, Smith worked on numerous MicroWiki projects; he ran free micronational advertisements on his userpage between 10 June—20 July, ran the 2019 installation of the annual Make the Edit! game between 3–16 July[‡ 5] and created the MicroWiki Mentions Chart! on 16 July, a weekly list which features the micronation which had the highest number of mentions on MicroWiki@Discord of that week. Smith took a break from MicroWiki due to what he cited as "personal reasons" involving his family life between 16 August until his return on 2 September. On 27 September, Smith celebrated what he called his one year "Microversary", celebrating his first anniversary on MicroWiki.[‡ 6] A tongue-in-cheek relationship between Ian "Duck" (also known as Flames) and Smith began to flourish in early October. The two later held a comical matrimonial ceremony on a Discord server on 23 October. It was jokingly advertised as the greatest and "largest micronational wedding" ever. They later renewed wedding vows on 27 December. On 5 November, Smith attempted to create MicroGuiness Book, a micronational version of Guinness World Records. The name was stolen directly from Daniel Lee, from an idea stolen from Nicholas Randouler. The idea never took off, however, and was abandoned a day after its creation as most records could not be easily verified.[‡ 7] On 25 December, Smith, alongside Leon Montan and Anna Telford, founded the elite, invitation-only social club and organisation TOES.
Peak (January—June 2020)
For New Year Honours, Smith was made a Member of the Iustian Order of Ongwanada for his "diplomatic friendship" and the Millanian Most Glorious Order of Millanian Excellence for "outstanding service to the community." Notably, Smith also made the first edit on MicroWiki for the year 2020 (in UTC, the server for MicroWiki's time zone). On 28 January, Smith announced he had begun writing his first book The Micronation Index: A Book About Micronationalism. Between 28 January—5 February, Smith participated in the Grand Theft Auto V affair, a sarcastic conflict between various members on a MicroWiki talk page. Smith became a wiki administrator on MicroWiki on 2 February, and shortly after was voted Dime's Micronationalist of the Month for February 2020, winning with a total of nine votes ahead of three other nominees. Smith became a recipient of the Ebenthali Order of the Silver Cat on 10 February. Throughout March–April, Smith ran in various elections and gained over eighteen different offices in intermicronational organisations and micronations; Smith also began expanding his legal knowledge. Smith was the head organiser of the Twenty-four Hour MicroWiki Edit-a-thon held between 17–18 April. Smith made over 250 edits during the edit-a-thon, up from his average daily edits of 45. Believed to have been the first-ever edit-a-thon on MicroWiki, it was, however, poorly organised and inadequately run. On 1 May, Smith was made an administrator on MicroWiki@Discord. Throughout June–July, Smith began becoming more active on TOES and the GUM and Misberian Discord servers, as well as other third-party micronational chat servers, somewhat leaving MicroWiki@Discord and the Abelden server. He cited his inactivity from MicroWiki@Discord as being due to the unprofessionalism, while leaving Essexia and Abelden after alleged continuous civil unrest and controversies. Smith ran the 2020 Make the Edit! game between 8–18 June. Smith became a Recipient of the Malinovian Order of the Malinovian Sun on 9 June, and was later made a high member of the Most Excellent Order of the Amphisbaena Potato, the highest honour in New Eiffel, on 23 June for "micronational fun". Between 30 June—5 July, Smith participated in the satirical TOES-Almendria War by working as a spy for TOES, until he was found out after an alleged information leak within TOES took place.
Hiatus and focus on editing (July—January 2021)
|This article or section contains out-of-date information or information about an entity that is currently undergoing major changes.|
Smith had been planning on slowly leaving the wider MicroWiki community since March, due to prioritising his education and § mental health. Smith had by choice began spending a lot less time on MicroWiki@Discord to pursue other endeavours. Smith went on to suffer a large defeat as Jayden Lycon's running mate in the June 2020 Grand Unified Micronational election, and his term as Secretary for Micronational Development ended on 4 July. Smith became a Recipient of the Ünic Grand Order of Dancing Wolves on 3 July for his political work in Ünie. Smith optionally allowed the Ministry of Health and Safety in New Eiffel to be dissolved on 8 July and announced on 15 July that he would be leaving Abelden, citing this as being due to his lack of attention he had given Abelden, calling it insufficient. Smith later announced he would be further leaving more positions, however confirmed he would remain the Minister of Culture for Essexia until early 2021. Smith developed the Intermicronational Time Zones Standard (ITZS) on 25 August. Smith held a three-day 2nd MicroWiki anniversary event between 27–29 September.[‡ 8] Smith formally announced his break from the MicroWiki community on 29 September, citing "I do not know for how long yet - could be anywhere between a few months and even a year." Smith resigned from his position as the leader of the Shrek Super Party of Essexia on 10 October. Smith is currently on a hiatus from MicroWiki and plans to return on 1 March 2021.
Unexpectedly on Sunday of the 24 of January 2021, Zarel rejoined the Microwiki@Discord Server for a short period of time without warning, delaying his 1 of March return date, surprising the Microwiki@Discord community. He later left on the 1 of March.
Smith has taken on federal, judicial, ministerial, public sector, and local work, running in numerous elections or by being directly appointed. In a career spanning more than two years, Smith's party memberships heads from far-left to far-right positions, as well as satirical.
Smith is a Deputy President of Ponderosa Hills following an after-election agreement, and is the Governor of the Austenasian territory of Green Gate. Smith served as Minister of Defence and later Minister of Education and Labour in Somcow in 2019, Minister of Health and Safety in New Eiffel between 12 February 2019–8 July 2020, Minister of Culture in Essexia between 3 March–10 October 2020, Minister of Orthography for Morgannwg in Abelden between 9 March—30 September 2020, and Posafian Premier of Nievenorte between 16 May—1 October 2020. Judicially, Smith was the Attorney General for the Sixth Renwick Cabinet in Abelden between 1 April 2020 until 29 June, after losing his seat to Brandon Wu of Liberty Front, and served as the Supreme Judge of the Principality of Oceania between 27 May–30 September 2020. Smith presently leads the Social Democratic Party of Mahuset and the Shrek Super Party of Naveria, and was formerly an MP in the Aspen Empire and the later Kingdom of Appalachia, Hala'ib Triangle, Caddia, Mercia, Ünie, Yu-Xia and Misberia.
A vocal supporter of intermicronational organisations, Smith was the founder and Chair of the New Eiffel Union of Micronations (later retitled the Organisation of Active Micronations, a name taken from a major micronational organisation that was active from 2009 to 2011) between 21 November 2018–May 2019, overeating thirty-three member states, and the Christian Micronational Union between 4 September 2019–2 March 2020. Smith has been the Superior Judge and Notary General of the Cupertino Alliance since 25 March and 5 April 2020 respectively. Smith also participated in the Cupertino Alliance's 69 Hour Session held between 14 March—17 March 2020, and his proposed anthem "THE UNITED MICRANATIONS is better", a song he made following a young inexperienced micronationalist jokingly mocking the GUM, became one of the two national anthems of the CA on 20 March, "having higher precedence", meaning that it gets to be played first.[k] This was repealed after the passing of the Anthem Act in early June 2020.
Grand Unified Micronational
Smith served as the Secretary for Micronational Development between 11 January–4 July 2020, Ad-Interim Press Secretary from 1 February–30 March 2020, and was a Lobby Moderator for the GUM Discord server between 28 March–6 October 2020. Smith has been New Eiffel's primary delegate after New Eiffel was previously accepted as a provisional member on 28 April 2019. It became a full member after the Quorum of Delegates convened and voted on 21 May. Smith has served as the Delegate for New Eiffel under four Chairs; Adam I, Emperor of Adammia, Bradley of Dullahan, Thomas I of Hrafnarfjall and Newton von Uberquie. Smith created the Help Joining the GUM organisation on 26 July 2019, and during a Quorum session in a measure which in effect consists of recognition and endorsement from the parent organisation, the project was renamed the Grand Unified Micronational Development Initiative. Smith later unsuccessfully ran as Jayden Lycon's running mate in the June 2020 election, losing with a low 12.9% of the vote. Smith also participated in the 2020 edition of the 24 Hour Quorum.
Smith was the Vice-President of Sanctioned Events for the Micronational Olympic Federation between 17 October 2019–30 September 2020, overseeing the 2020 MOF Rock Paper Scissors Tournament, President of the Assembly for the Plush Nation Cooperation Union, between August 2019 until the organisation went inactive due to Cristi's original disappearance, and among the former mentioned, served as the delegate for New Eiffel to the League of Professional Nations, North Atlantic Defense Union, Commonwealth of Sovereignties (ComSov) and the Asia-Pacific Alliance.
Shrek Super Party
Smith is the founder of a chain of various satirical political parties named after the video game Shrek Super Party. These include the Essexian, Misberian, and Ponderosan Hills branches (with the Ponderosa Hills branch being a partnership with Jayden Lycon). The bloc is usually a third party within domestic politics, however, gained a minority government in the May 2020 Ponderosan Hills general election.
The bloc declined in late 2020, with the loss of their only seat in the Parliament of Essexia, and the renaming of the Ponderosan Hills branch to the Federalist Party, named after their support of a federal government.
Smith began editing MicroWiki on 28 September 2018, a day after he registered an account. As of October 2020, Smith had made over thirty-three thousand edits to MicroWiki—making him responsible for five percent of all edits on the site—and created over three thousand pages, more than any other editor on MicroWiki. He surpassed editor John I of Baustralia for most edits on 7 November 2019. Smith was one of the most active editors,[‡ 9] and by his second anniversary, Smith had made an average of 45.06 edits to MicroWiki every day. Smith became an administrator on MicroWiki on 2 February 2020, being promoted from a patroller which he became on 24 February 2019. Furthermore, the most edits Smith made in a day was 728 on 7 November 2019, he has authored five "good articles",—articles which are determined by MicroWiki's editors as the best articles on the site—uploaded over six-hundred files, and has blocked over fifty users, and, according to his user page, claims to have spent more than a thousand hours on MicroWiki.
Smith made his hundredth edit on 26 November 2018, thousandth edit on 9 January 2019, ten thousandth edit on 7 June 2019, twenty thousandth edit on 5 December 2019, and thirty thousandth edit on 3 July 2020.[‡ 10]
Statistic-Dime and surveys
Smith is the founder of Statistic-Dime—which was formed in 2019 by the merger of Statistic-Fire and DIME—and served as its CEO between October 2019–December 2020. Statistic-Dime was the de facto national statistical office of New Eiffel. Notable projects include the highly publicised Micronationalist of the Month and Micronationalist of the Year awards, the positively received annual LGBT Rights Index, Microcode, the largest two-letter code standard in the MicroWiki Sector, Project Micronation, one of the most extensive micronational mapping projects, and the Intermicronational Time Zones Standard, the largest time zone standard within micronationalism. Smith also created the Micronational Macronation Index and Micronational Leaders Index in early 2019. In October 2019, Smith aided Ives Blackwood in creating the micronational compass. Smith also worked on a peace index, democracy index, and tourism index, though they were all later cancelled.
Smith conducts an LGBTQ+ rights survey annually. The first was in August 2019, and the second in May 2020; the survey received 26 and 34 respondents respectively, and both were received positively. Smith began by conducting the controversial Micronational Popularity Index between 22 January—12 March 2019, which although it had a record high 44 respondents, suffered from a lack of advertising, unorganised scheduling, limited responses and was conducted via talk pages on MicroWiki. Owing to the confluence of these problems, the survey was completed and tabulated two months behind schedule to much popular criticism. After a two-month hiatus, Smith conducted the MicroWiki Editors Survey between 29 June—1 July, with questions concerning people who edit MicroWiki. The survey had 29 respondents. Smith conducted New Eiffel's first and so far only census on 6 July. Smith conducted the MicroWiki General Survey, his last survey for 2019, between the 9 November—11 November, which had 34 respondents. The survey found ten questions, some relating to communication methods, such as "Do you use the MicroWiki forums?", approval or disapproval of the Grand Unified Micronational, and micronational warfare. The survey was reportedly successful and found interesting results. Smith went on to co-host the controversial 19th MicroWiki Influence Survey in January 2020. Between 1-4 March 2020, Smith and Jayden Lycon held the Dime-Curio Micronational Organisation Poll, which asked participants to rank intermicronational organisations. It was met with moderate criticism. Smith later conducted the GUM Member States Positivity Survey between 7–8 July and again during 9–10 July, which had 20 than 40 respondents respectively. Smith's last survey of 2020 was the 2020 edition of the MicroWiki General Survey, and with 63 respondents, it was his largest and most successful survey.
Smith starred in his own independently produced short films Layers (2018), The Farmer (2018), Being Born Twelve Times (2019), Underneath (2019), Smith iPad Record of a Sneeze (2020), Insaniam (2020), Hiking Trail (2020) and Big Fluffy Socks for the Winter Golem (2020). Smith frequents the surrealist and thriller film genres. Smith regards Insaniam as his "magnum opus". Smith previously made a number of video works between 2011–13 via his parents' smartphones. Smith credits his first short film as being the comedy At the Shop, as it features a cast (his brother Joost), camera direction from his mother, and editing as the short was shot in two scenes. The creation date is given as 2014, though it was likely made years earlier. His second short film he started in was the action The Return of the Fluffy Ending (retroactively titled Guns Out Fire), which was created with four of his friends. Using Nerf blasters, the film was edited to add bullet and blood effects and sound effects. It was uploaded onto YouTube on 2 November 2014 (later deleted in 2019), marking it as Smith's first appearance on the platform. Smith has also created or starred in over twenty short films for Z&jProductions, a studio which he co-founded alongside his brother Joost, and two for Farkasok és Szar Studios, Scissor: Dawn of a New Game (2018) and Epic Action Movie (2019), both of which are regarded as some of the finest films in New Eiffelic cinema ever made. Smith also starred in short films for his film school, First Bite, WW1 100th Anniversary Poem Reading (2018), Cutlery, InterYet to Come (2019), Coughs and Sneezes Spreads Diseases 2020 (2020), and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Panic in the Sitting Room! (2020), which was created by students submitting footage which was later edited together to form a comprehensive story, and Eye Opener (2020) which Smith created with his family for the school. InterYet to Come placed second in the 2019 Childnet Film Competition.  Notable Z&jProductions films Smith starred in include The Great War Part I (2018), Dimensions: Choices (2019) and Pick (2020), as well as the Star Warz film series (since 2018), India Trilogy (2018–2020) and Med-Evil Ghost (since 2019). Smith is also creating TOES: A Documentary on the Elite Organisation. Smith is currently staring in a number of New Eiffelic television shows and web-series which are still broadcasting, such as The Squishes, (Blank) Commercial! and The best soup Opera ever made. Smith has also starred in People Dying in Movies (2016–2017), The Squishes: The Extended World (2017), Minecraft Shrek: Infinity Swamp (2019–2020) and the pilot episodes for 20 Reasons Why! (2017) and Your Daily Movie Update (2018) which were never produced. Smith also appeared as a guest in an unaired episode of MicroRamble which was later cancelled due to technical difficulties.
Zínt and Win-a-lot Casino
- Zínt September 2019 - "The Double Shoe"
- Zínt November 2019 - "The Zínt Wooden Stand"
- Zínt November 2019 - "The Zínt Luxury Plastic Bag"
- Win-a-lot Casino Christmas 2019 - "This is Win-a-lot Casino"
- Zínt March 2020 - "The Practical Shoe Line"
- Win-a-lot Casino 23 July 2020 - "Life After Win-a-lot Casino"
- Win-a-lot Casino 20 August 2020 - "Money"
Due to legal restrictions, the subject of this section's name as been redacted, removed or changed where relevant.
From late 2016 onwards, Smith began taking an interest in producing music, and first produced several EDM, house and dubstep songs under the stage-name "DJ Zeddy". More recently, Smith has moved to the experimental and avant-garde music genres, as well as comical. Three albums have been released thus far, comprising twenty-four songs in total, with three more albums having been announced. Smith has also released five non-album singles, "Thunder", featuring vocals by Joost Smith, "Explosive", his signature song "GUM DIS TRACK", a tongue-in-cheek diss track on contraGUMism, micronational warfare and "YAMOs", FPYFF, a satiric hip-hip diss track against the rappers [redacted] and Leon Montan under stage name "yung foot fetish", and a single titled a Zero-width joiner, making the name " " (
- "DJ Zeddy" (2018)
- "!" (2020)
- "1st of June 2020" (2020)
- "E13 Studio Album #6" (2021)[l]
- "DJ Zeddy vol. 2" (2021)
- "noise." (2022)
- "Thunder" (2018)
- "Explosive" (2018)
- "GUM DIS TRACK: THE UNITED MICRANATIONS is better" (2020)
- "Fuck [redacted] and yung foot fetish" (2020)
- ""(Zero-Width Joiner (ZWJ) Character) (2020)
- "Best of DJ Zeddy" (2020)
- "Bittereinde — Haartseer Gangster fan-made music video" (2018)
- "GUM DIS TRACK: THE UNITED MICRANATIONS is better" (2020)
Journalism and writing
Smith is a prolific journalist. Smith is the co-founder alongside Jayden Lycon of DIME Magazine, and currently writes for the Ponderosan News Agency, and MicroWeekly. Smith also wrote fifteen articles for New Eiffel News between 6 October—9 October 2018, four articles for The New Eiffel Times between 25 March—6 July 2019, three articles for Journal en Eiffel between 12–15 August 2020, one article for OAM News, Australis Times and Orblian Observer and was employed by The Bannerman Online for which he wrote two articles between 18 March 2019 until 16 April 2019. He quit on the grounds of his tardiness and incompetence. In the middle of 2020, Smith was made a Contributor for Messenger on 19 May,[better source needed] and was also employed at the Amerston Post and Net News, though never wrote nor contributed any news articles. Smith ran the moderately successful satirical The Apple News from 9–23 January 2020, and oversaw 9 articles published in English.[‡ 11] It had four writers and was translated into three languages, English, Czech (7 articles) and Afrikaans (1 article). Smith was acting as Ad-Interim Press Secretary for the Grand Unified Micronational while Emperor Adam I focused on finishing his degree, and wrote nine articles on the Quorum minutes between 1 February until 30 March. Furthermore, Smith was also responsible for I stole this. fun facts!, a series of daily posts of mostly trivia made to the Yellow Bear Micronational-3 (YBM-3 or ybm-3) channel on the MicroWiki@Discord Discord server between 2 December 2019 until 30 May 2020. On 28 January, Smith began writing his first book The Micronation Index: A Book About Micronationalism, although he had previously written a large number of shorts and poems prior, particularly ones featuring Hardy the Fox. Smith has also coined the phrases "domain hack" and "New Year's Micronation".
Smith frequently plays the New Eiffelic sport Rugbull. Smith joined the Micronational Chess League on 7 February 2019. Smith held the 2019 Micronational Rock Paper Scissors Tournament between 29 July—5 August 2019, which saw sixteen nations compete; due to its success, Smith was later made the Vice-President of Sanctioned Events of the Micronational Olympic Federation, which he served between 17 October 2019—30 September 2020, overseeing the 2020 MOF Rock Paper Scissors Tournament. Furthermore, Smith competed for New Eiffel in the 2020 MOF Games, where he won silver in Agar.io.
Smith is the CEO of numerous companies, with varying industries, including Win-a-lot Casino, a pop-up casino which appears in New Leeds annually, and the luxury fashion company and brand Zínt, which has no directly operated stores, and sells shoes, bags, shirts and other non-clothing items, such as a wooden stand. Also acting as the agent, Smith controls all Zínt social medias, and produces commercials for the YouTube channel. Zínt released the Practical Shoe Line on 3 March 2020, which consists of five shoes, all designed by Smith.
Influence and public opinion
Smith has often been cited as being one of the most influential micronationalists in the "New Guard", and has been recognised throughout the history of the MicroWiki community during the Discord Era. Emiel Hardy, writing for Courant van Lazia, called Smith "film-obsessed," "colourful," "hard-working" and a combination of "creative and funny." In the MicroWiki General Survey conducted between 9–11 November 2019, a question asking people to fill in checkboxes from a list of eight MicroWiki micronationalists for which they had heard of Smith was tied alongside Jonathan I of Austenasia for the most with 91.2% out of 34 respondents. For the May 2020 New Eiffelic general election, a question asking respondents "What are your views regarding Prince Zarel I?" asked respondents to rank him between the numbers 1–10, 1 being bad and 10 being good. 9 respondents gave a 10, and 1 respondent each gave 9, 8, 6, and a 1. Smith came fourth out of twenty-five on the MicroWiki's Top 25 survey conducted in October 2020 by Roscoe Statistics. The survey had twenty-nine respondents. On MicroWiki@Discord, Smith has sent over 64,000 messages since he first joined in February 2019. Alongside the @New Eiffel Government and Zedposting memes, Smith is also known for constantly having his status show "offline" even when he is not, and is also known for his comedic catchphrase "smh my head." Smith was a member of five invitation-only social clubs, and joined the Micropolitan Club and Lounge on 18 August 2019, and is also a former member of Drunkiz Gadurō, Microfurs and is a co-founder of The Fun Gang and TOES.
In the press
Smith has been the subject of or mentioned in a number of news articles from various sources, including The Abeldane (formerly L'Sydunche), Austenasian Times, Brookside Gazette, Charlington Press, The Essexian Post, Home-made Crown Journal, Orblian Observer, Plushunian News Service and Seybold Today. He was also mentioned in his self-authored articles on Journal en Eiffel, New Eiffel News and the Ponderosan News Agency. Smith's CV was posted on Courant van Lazia and his short education autobiography on The New Eiffel Times, which was revised by Emily Gréz. Micronational Gazette published on opinion article on Smith.
In an opinion piece on Smith for the Micronational Gazette written by Isaiah Burdette, Burdette, whom he called him one of the most well-respected micronationalists, argued that Smith's large number of positions he held at one time was consequences for his overall participation and activity, citing; "Yet he was inactive in his position of Global Councilor in Yu-Xia. I recall him not making or even voting on most bills proposed to Global Council. I think he should not have taken the position if he was not going to be very active in it." He also recalled he had barely seen Smith post messages in Yu-Xia's Discord server.
In late-2019, he was the subject of the MicroWiki meme "Zedface". In February 2020, he was the subject of the "Zedposting" meme. Zedposting includes posting random text, memes, and images relating to Smith. Multiple forms of Zedposting include "Zedtv", an image of Zed wearing a cardboard computer mask, and "Zedism" a comical religion based around Zedtv. The popular MicroWiki meme "@New Eiffel Government" includes users pinging ("@ing") Smith's Discord account on MicroWiki@Discord. It later became a chain on the server and had its own channel created from its popularity. The channel reached its ten-thousandth ping in September 2020. Smith is the subject of the fiction The NHS is at its Best, and is also mentioned in the Testaments of Bob and Ivan of Brienia's MICROHUNGER MICROGAMES: MICRONO MICROESCAPE and its sequel MICROHUNGER MICROGAMES: MICROTHRUTH MICROREVEAL.
Accolades and honours
There have been numerous micronational streets and roads named after Smith, as well as a hill in Bartonia. Smith was nominated for Dime Magazine's Micronationalist of the Year for 2019, coming close-second with eight votes to Emperor Adam's nine. Smith was selected as Dime's "Micronationalist of the Month" for February 2020, after having previously been nominated for March and August 2019, and was also ranked fourth of ten by Nicholas Randouler in his Monthly MicroWiki Micronationalists Power Index for May 2020. Furthermore, Smith placed himself fourth on the "MicroWiki's 25 Most Influential" list for 2020 in December.
Smith has won several awards for the annual ZSR Awards in the erstwhile New Eiffel; in 2019, he won Best Picture for Epic Action Movie and Best Editing for Dimensions: Choices. In 2020, he won Best Acting as Edward London II in India Man!, also being nominated for the award as Gregory Hutts in Insaniam, and won Best Editing for Big Fluffy Socks for the Winter Golem.
Smith currently resides with his family in Greater London. Smith owns a cat to keep him company,[m] Trixie, whom he had declared the "Royal Cat" of New Eiffel. Alongside Trixie, another cat, Mango, a dog, Rola, accompany his residence. Born in the UK to South African parents, Smith holds both British and South African citizenship, and natively speaks English and Afrikaans. Smith claims to have the 'personality type' INTJ, and is an introvert. He also calls himself a night owl. Smith is a cinephile, and documents every film he watches,[‡ 12] claiming to have seen over 1,600 feature films. Smith is subscribed to eleven streaming services. Smith has cited his favourite films as 12 Angry Men (1957), Wolf Children (2012), Felidae (1994), It's a Wonderful Life (1946), Princess Mononoke (1997) and The Wizard of Oz (1939). His favourite film directer is Akira Kurosawa, and his favourite living actors are Aamir Khan, Jake Gyllenhaal and Eugenio Derbez. His favourite film genre is psychological thriller, such as the films Rashomon (1950), Psycho (1960) and Taxi Driver (1976).[‡ 13][‡ 14]
Smith enjoys contributing to wikis, encyclopaedias, archives and databases, namely MicroWiki, Wikipedia, IMDb, the Internet Archive, Awful Movies Wiki, Royal Wiki, WikiFur and WikiTree, and the former wikis New Eiffel Wiki, The Konmalehth Libraries and Un-Recognized Nations. Despite identifying as a workaholic, Smith loves the outdoors, and enjoys traveling, hiking, camping and glamping, photography and mountain biking. He frequently vacations outside of England, and has visited eleven countries on two continents. His favourite trips were Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Smith collects stuffed animals from places he visits as a souvenir, and currently has over fifty.[‡ 15] Smith is also a furry, and is a big fan of geography, cultural geography, transport geography and religious geography. Smith also studies psychopathology. Smith is a fan of the Philadelphian singer Kyle McCarthy "NIIC the Singing Dog" and French electro-swing band Caravan Palace. Smith's favourite book is A Christmas Carol and his favourite television show is the Japanese anime Beastars.
Smith is a teetotaler (though does not advocate against alcohol consumption) and non-practicing pescatarian. Smith also has a form of rhotacism, meaning he has an inability to pronounce the sound r.
Smith was named after his grandfather, who had died a few years before Smith was born. His full name is pronounced zaːrəl ʋɪlˈɦɛlmɵs jaːˈkoːbɵs ˈsmɪθ, though his name is commonly mispronounced zɑːrɛl. Smith's real name, Zarel, is rarely used, as Smith restricts the use of his name online to pseudonyms, including on social media, video games, and websites, and his close family refers to him by hypocoristic names whilst his more distant family refers to him as either the short forms "Zar" or "Zed". Within MicroWiki (where Smith spends the majority of his time) he is most commonly referred to as Zed, or a recently formed nickname "Zeddy". In Abelden, he was called "Zedy", and in Ikonia he was called "Zed Zarel", a combination of his common nickname and real name. His musical stage name is "DJ Zeddy" and his pen name and username on MicroWiki is "Z. Luna Skye".
Religion has been prevalent in Smith's life. Smith was raised Protestant, originally attending an Afrikaans Church of England church in Guildford. After his family moved to Greater London, they began to attend Dundonald Church—which is apart of the Co-Mission Churches Trust charity—in 2008. Smith identifies as simply "Christian", asserting that he has no official denomination, though heavily leans towards Anglican values. As Smith's family do not believe in infantile christening, believing that baptism should be for those who have confessed their sin and repented choosing to follow Jesus and wanting to publicly profess this, Smith is planning on being baptised at a later age.
Smith identities as an "anarcho-primitivist," although this claim has been disputed by A. Tarquitius Buteo, who claims to be a "real anarcho-primitivist." Smith also continues to use technology despite his open opposition. Smith has always been a supporter of freedom of speech, religion and expression, and been against censorship of the internet, also having a strong belief that knowledge should be free. Smith believes in consistent life ethic.
|6 Mar 2019||Sep 2018||Malachi Goodrich
|UK, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire||First royal portrait taken.|
|11 Oct 2019||7 Jun 2019||Self — Zarel Smith
|New Eiffel, New Leeds||Last royal portrait taken before his abdication.|
Titles, styles, and honours
- 14 March 2019 – present: Lord Zarel Smith, Baron of Green Gate
- 24 October 2019 – 8 November 2020: His Excellency Zarel Smith, Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- 8 November 2020 – 9 May 2021: His Excellency Rifleman Zarel Smith, Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- 9 May 2021 – present: His Excellency Corporal Zarel Smith, Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- 18 June 2019 – present: Officer of the Order of Christina I OCI
- 21 September 2019 – present: Officer of the Austenasian Order OAO
- 1 January 2020 – present: Member of the Order of Ongwanada; "for diplomatic friendship"
- 1 January 2020 – present: Member of the Most Glorious Order of Millanian Excellence MMX; "for outstanding service to the community"
- 10 February 2020 — present: Recipient of the Order of the Silver Cat GCGP
- 9 June 2020 — present: Recipient of the Order of the Malinovian Sun
- 16 June 2020 — present: Knight of The Noble and Sovereign Order of Machias
- 16 October 2020 — present: Knight Commander of the Order of the Gryphon KHC; "for services to micronationalism"
- 1 January 2021 — present: Gold-Class Recipient of the Order of the Greyhound OGG
- 1 January 2021 – present: Member of the Order of the Grand Duke MGD; "for personal friendship with the Duke"
- 1 September 2019 – 28 March 2021: Officer of the Order of the Compatriots of Prestige OCP (order dissolved)
- 23 June 2020 – 1 November 2020: High member of the Most Excellent Order of the Amphisbaena Potato; "for micronational fun". (nation dissolved).
- 3 July 2020 — 16 January 2021: Recipient of the Grand Order of Dancing Wolves WOL; "for political work in Ünie". (order dissolved)
- 11 August 2018 – 30 August 2018: His Majesty Prince Zarel I of New Temporary
- 30 August 2018 – 20 June 2020: His Majesty Prince Zarel I of New Eiffel
- 28 February 2019 – 23 June 2020: Grand Peacefur
- 20 June 2020 — 1 November 2020: Zarel Smith, Duke of Hsed
- 8 December 2018 – 29 January 2020: Head of state of the Islands of Omaha
Smith's former shortened title before abdication was:
While Smith had no officially accepted full title, if he did use one it would probably have been:
- "His Majesty Prince Zarel the First of the Principality of New Eiffel, Grand Peacefur, Lord of Essexia, Baron of Ünie, Baron of Green Gate, Baron of Abelden, Sovereign of the Order of the Beaver, Sovereign of the Order of the Lion, Sovereign of the Most Excellent Order of the Amphisbaena Potato, Officer of the Order of Christina I, Officer of the Order of the Campatriots of Prestige, Officer of the Austenasian Order, Member of the Order of Ongwanada, Member of the Most Glorious Order of Millanian Excellence, Recipient of the Order of the Silver Cat"
- Category:Zarel Smith
- Monarchy of New Eiffel
- Music of New Eiffel
- List of micronational music artists
- Timeline of New Eiffelic history
- On 20 April, Joost Smith was removed from his position through a motion of no confidence. After short discussions, Christina Nowell became the interim Prime Minister, due to her being the nation's Leader of the Opposition. Nowell was removed through a motion of no confidence, and Parliament voted to temporarily make Zarel I an absolute monarch.
- Nowell later served a second term during Joost I's reign.
- De facto, made official on 5 October 2020.
- Post nominals include: OCI OAO MMX GCGP WOL KHC
- Formerly "Z. Luna Skye" from 27 September 2018 until 12 November 2020, when he changed his username to omit the full stop after the 'Z'.[‡ 2]
- According to some records, the claim was dropped on 2 March 2018, and Smith's residence in the U.K. had been a territory of New Finland for a month prior.
- According to some records, Smith's father Louis Smith was the first king.
- Probably between 10–21 June.
- Likely suspended between 10–21 June until 30 June.
- The name of the principality is composed of two words, "New" and "Eiffel". The word "New" symbolises the nation's rebirth from its predecessor state (the Kingdom of New Finland), while "Eiffel" is a reference to the famous Eiffel Tower, which represents progress and integrity.
- Though Is Jacking Off a Sport? was also elected, the anthem was later repealed under a Ministerial Order.
- Fully titled E13 Studio Album #6 E13 Studio-album #6 featuring the great lyrical content some would describe as a masterpiece of musical notes and rhythms composed, and cleverly designed and thought out over a period of thirty-one weeks, by that of a lyrical genius who studied many years at the Institute For the Musical Arts, located in the United States of America, who later came to compose many beautiful works over a span of seven years, which came to be in his will - whom also studied for his last two years in higher education school at the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, a lovely place located in Rome, Italy, which is one of the oldest musical institutions in the world, founded by the papal bull Ratione congruit, issued by Sixtus V in 1585, which invoked two saints prominent in Western musical history: Gregory the Great, for whom the Gregorian chant is named, and Saint Cecilia, the patron saint of music — since 2005 it has been headquartered at the Renzo Piano designed Parco della Musica in Rome.
- Legal ownership is given to his father on behalf of the Smith family
This section is long. Click here to skip it.
- "England & Wales: Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007" Ancestry.com (https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/collections/8782/?name=Zarel_Smith; accessed 2 November 2020), record for Zarel Wilhelmus J Smith. Search, > collections, citing ancestry
.co .uk. 8782
- Pronunciation4k128fps.mov on Google Docs. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- Hardy, Emiel (26 Oct 2019) Meet Zarel Smith, the Social Democrats’ new leader. Courant van Lazia. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- Renwick, Patrick (31 Dec 2019) His Imperial and Royal Exalted Majesty’s New Years Speech of 2019. Retrieved 20 February 2020.
- Baird, Cole (17 February 2020). 'Breaking News:Zed to become admin on Microwiki@Discord'. Wegmat General Broadcasting. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- Campbell, Will (23 May 2019) Empire claiming whole Earth wins GUM observership. The Glastieven. Archived from the original on 6 December 2019. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Burdette, Isaiah (18 October 2020) Opinion Article Isaiah Burdette: Zarel Smith. Micronational Gazette. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- Zarel Smith's filmography at IMDb. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Shiro voted DIME Micronationalist of the Month, 3 October 2019. The Daily Micronationalist. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Titles and Styling of Prince Zarel I Act 2019 on MicroCommons. Retrieved 8 February 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (14 Aug 2020) National icons of New Eiffel. Journal en Eiffel. Retrieved 14 August 2020.
- Constitution of the Principality of New Eiffel
- About — Most Serene Republic of Saint Uriel's official government website
- Zarel Smith on New Eiffel Wiki. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- Blackwood, Ives (2 December 2020) Zarel Smith pioneers new approach to ranking community influencers. Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Top Most Messages on Discord. Retrieved 12 February 2020.[unreliable source]
- MicroWiki@Discord | Information + Rules (June 24, 2020). Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (30 September 2020) Zarel Smith begins to leave community just after two year anniversary celebrations. Ponderosan News Agency. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- Time zones, first edition (25 Aug 2020). Intermicronational Time Zones Standard. Beta version 1.1. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- Z. Smith & J. Lycon (26 December 2019) DIME Magazine Issue #1
- "March sees territorial changes for Austenasia". Austenasian Times. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- Lycon, Jayden (25 March 2020) Zarel Appointed as Superior Judge. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (5 April 2020) Zarel Smith appointed as Notary General
- Esecina in the New Eiffel Union of Micronations. Esecina.wordpress.com. Archived from the original on 17 December 2019. Retrieved 30 January 2020
- Lytexit? Lyteran Politicians Suggest Leaving the OAM. The Royal Lyteran News. Published 9 July 2019. Retrieved 25 June 2020. Archived from the original on 22 December 2019.
- Charter of TOES on Google Docs. Retrieved 29 June 2020.
- Randouler, Nicholas (May 2020) Monthly MicroWiki Micronationalists Power Index. Retrieved 31 October 2020.
- Smith, Zarel et al. (2 December 2020) MicroWiki Most Influential (2020). Published by Statistic-Dime — Google Docs. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Z. Smith & J. Lycon (26 December 2019) DIME Magazine Issue #1
- Lycon, Jayden (26 April 2020) For you and for all. The Canadian Isabelle - Shrek Super Party manifesto 2020 on Issuu. Curio Publications, p. 6. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- neweiffelgov.home.blog. "What is New Eiffel?". Archived from the original on 17 December 2019.
- Valentinus, Sertor (1 November 2020) Principality of New Eiffel declared dissolved. The Brookside Gazette. Retrieved 1 November 2020.
- Main Page. New Eiffel Wiki. Retrieved 29 June 2020.
- "Aardvarks on Parade" at the Internet Archive. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- Schroeder, Walker (20 May 2020) Full anthem, available as an MP3. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "2019 New Eiffel demographics survey". The New Eiffel Times. 29 June 2020. Archived from the original on 18 December 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Voting Reform Act on MicroCommons. Passed on 9 October 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- Prince Powers Act 2019 on MicroCommons. Passed on 28 November 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- Royal Decree on MicroCommons. Retrieved 29 June 2020.
- COVID-19 Micronation Tracking Sheet. Retrieved 29 July 2020.
- Çakar, Hasan (17 Mar 2020) CPMC Act voted on again and passed; Prime Minister gives additional statement on COVID-19 pandemic. ☪ Hasanistan ☪. Retrieved 29 July 2020.
- Abdication letter of Zarel I (Full text)
- Issue #75 – 14/12/18. Seybold Today. Archived from the original on 6 November 2019. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Furry war. Deleted page on MicroWiki. Various authors. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- Talk page of User:Cookieman1.1.1. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- Cristi (31 August 2019) 2019’s DIME Micronationalist of the Month announced. Plushunian News Service. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- Valentinus, Sertor (11 October 2020) Casper von Naveria named Statistic-DIME’s Micronationalist of the Month. Brookside Gazette. Retrieved 21 October 2020.
- About.[dead link] Microcode Official Website. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- Z. Smith. MicroWiki General Survey results. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Brandels, Richard (23 October 2019) HM William I, performs marriage ceremony. The Charlington Press. Retrieved 16 July 2020.
- Iustus 2019 End of the Year Honour on Google Docs. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- Report-3.pdf. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- MicroWiki: First edit of 2020
- delete gta V. User talk:ThatMLGDorito on MicroWiki. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- Belcher, Adam (1 July 2020) Result of the Chair election, June 2020. GUM News. Retrieved 16 July 2020.
- Blackwood, Ives (16 July 2020) Zarel Smith makes plans to leave community. Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 16 July 2020.
- Editor, Chief (17 July 2020). Lord Zarel announces his departure from Essexia next year. The Essexian Post. Retrieved 18 July 2020.
- Time zones, first edition (25 Aug 2020). Intermicronational Time Zones Standard. Beta version 1.1. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (29 September 2020) Zed is taking a break (1/10/20). Retrieved 29 September 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (30 September 2020) Zarel Smith begins to leave community just after two year anniversary celebrations. Ponderosan News Agency. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- Editor, Chief (9 October 2020) First televised political debate in Essexian history to be aired tomorrow. The Essexian Post. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- Lycon, Jayden (14-17 March 2020) Cupertino Gazette Issue 7
- Lycon, Jayden (19 March 2020) Meet your new anthems: GUM Distrack and Is Jacking Off a Sport?
- Lycon, Jayden (22 March 2020) Ministerial Order enacted, 22 March 2020
- User:Z. Luna Skye on MicroWiki. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- Special:Statistics on MicroWiki. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- Contributions for Z. Luna Skye. MicroWiki. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- MicroWiki:Good articles#Statistics on MicroWiki. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- Uploads from Z. Luna Skye. MicroWiki. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- Users blocked by Z. Luna Skye on MicroWiki. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (15 November 2020) Statistic-Dime 2020 MicroWiki General Survey - An Overview. MicroWeekly. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- Cited, Daniel Hamilton: "I, [Daniel Hamilton], have replaced Zarel Smith as CEO of Statistic-Dime. I will bring growth and development to this great company."[unreliable source]
- Hamilton, Daniel (30 January 2021) Luxor voted Micronationalist of the Month for January 2021. MicroWeekly. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- Smith, Zarel [creator] (18 February 2021) Zed's MicroWiki History – Statistic-Dime | Ep.1 on YouTube – Uploaded by MemeStealer69. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- LGBT rights in Mahuset on Royal Wiki. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- J. Lycon. & Z. Smith. (4 March 2020) Dime-Curio Micro Organization Poll | March 2020 Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- Zarel Smith. ""GUM Member States Positivity Results 20 respondents"". Archived from the original on 1 August 2020.
- GUM-MSPS — Results, 40 respondents text archive
- Insaniam on YouTube
- "Insaniam" is available for free download at the Internet Archive. Retrieved 28 October 2020.
- Zarel Smith on the Internet Archive
- https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0743666, retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Cutlery" on IMDb. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Cutlery on YouTube. Uploaded on 25 April 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- 'InterYet to Come' (2019). BBFC. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- Coughs and Sneezes Spreads Diseases 2020 on YouTube. Uploaded on 19 March 2020. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Film Competition 2019: Secondary finalists. Childnet. Archived from the original on 31 January 2020. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Zarel Smith at IMDb.
- Filmography of Zarel Smith doc. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- MemeStealer69 (12 Dec 2019) Minecraft Shrek: Infinity Swamp – Part 1: A Journey Begins on YouTube. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- Zínt Fashion (27 Sep 2019), Zínt presents: The Double Shoe. YouTube. Retrieved 19 July 2020.
- New Eiffelic annual financial report, 2019. p.10–11 "Adverts". Published by the Government of New Eiffel. 4 January 2020. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Zínt Fashion (4 Nov 2019), Zínt presents: The Zínt Wooden Stand. YouTube. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- Zínt Fashion (19 Nov 2019), Zínt presents: The Zínt Luxury Plastic Bag. YouTube. Retrieved 19 July 2020.
- Win-a-lot Casino (4 Mar 2020) Win-a-lot Casino Advert - Christmas 2019 - "This is Win-a-lot Casino". YouTube. Retrieved 19 July 2020.
- Zínt Fashion (3 Mar 2020), Zínt presents: The Practical Shoe Line. YouTube. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- GUM DIS TRACK - “THE UNITED MICRANATIONS is better" (3 January 2020) on YouTube. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
- Author: Zarel Smith for the Ponderosan News Agency. Retrieved 8 October 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (11 October 2020). Casper von Naveria wins September Micronationalist of the Month award. MicroWeekly. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (6 Oct 2018). Archived articles. New Eiffel News. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Author: New Eiffel Government on The New Eiffel Times. Blogger. Retrieved 20 October 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (12 Aug 2020). Regelis still wants to join the GUM after critical remarks after application rejection. Journal en Eiffel. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (5 November 2020) Australis becomes a full member of GUM. Australis Times. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (14 November 2020) Sertor Valentinus named Dime's Micronationalist of the Month for October. Orblian Observer. Retrieved 14 November 2020.
- Authored articles. The Bannerman Online. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (18 March 2019) Tips on creating micronational currency. The Bannerman Online. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- Smith, Zarel (16 April 2019) New Eiffel flag referendum finally ends. The Bannerman Online. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- The Apple News Česky home page on MicroWiki. User:FTFcz. Retrieved 6 July 2020. (in Czech).
- The Apple News Afrikaans home page on MicroWiki. User:Z. Luna Skye. Retrieved 6 July 2020. (in Afrikaans).
- domain hack on MicroWikiDictionary
- Z. Luna Skye user profile. chess.com. Retrieved 2 July 2020.
- 2020 MOF Games on MicroWiki. Retrieved 2 July 2020.
- New Eiffel, Win-a-lot Casino Advert - Christmas 2019 - "This is Win-a-lot Casino" on YouTube. Uploaded on 5 March 2020. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- Zínt News Blog on Tumblr. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- Zínt Fashion on Pinterest. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- Zínt Fashion official YouTube channel. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- History of the MicroWiki community
- Lycon, Jayden (24 May 2020) Final Report to the New Eiffel General Election, 2020. Cupertino Electoral Supervisory Commission.
- Hamilton, Daniel, MicroWiki@Discord 25 User Survey. Roscoe Statistics.
- "from:zarel#4073", MicroWiki@Discord server chat log records.
- Blackwood, Ives (18 November 2020) MicroWiki@Discord shutdown continues despite user resistance. Home-made Crown Journal. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- Anonymous, The NHS is at its Best (FULL). [PDF]
- The First and Second Testaments of Bob. [PDF]. Retrieved 6 November 2020.
- Ivan of Brienia (26 October 2020) MICROHUNGER MICROGAMES: MICRONO MICROESCAPE on Google Docs. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- Ivan of Brienia (27 October 2020) MICROHUNGER MICROGAMES: MICROTHRUTH MICROREVEAL on Google Docs. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- Awards. Zed's personal website.
- ZSR Awards 2020, 7 January 2021. Press release, 13 March 2021. Retrieved 13 March 2021.
- @TheSohnlandGov (2 April 2020) I made a new #micronations map! I hope you like it! on Twitter.
- Notes, p. 1–5
- Movies Zarel has allegedly seen. IMDb. Retrieved 28 April 2020.
- Letterboxd account "Favourite films". Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- User:Anonymous 7481 on Wikipedia. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- Zarel's IMDb account. IMDb. Retrieved 19 April 2020.
- @ZedSmith on the Internet Archive.
- User:Z. Luna Skye on Awful Movies Wiki. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- User:Z. Luna Skye on WikiFur. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- User:Z. Luna Skye on WikiTree. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- User:Z. Luna Skye on New Eiffel Wiki. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- User:Z. Luna Skye on The Konmalehth Libtaries. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- User:Z. Luna Skye on Unrecnations. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- "Wikis I edit" on AwfulMoviesWiki. Retrieved 28 April 2020.
- Z. Luna Skye on MicroWikiDictionary. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- Team. The Furretreat. Archived from the original on 15 March 2020. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- Notes, p. 11
- Notes, p. 7–10
- HRANE archives
- Personal correspondence with Leon Montan
- 2021 New Years Honours
- Smith, Zarel (6 Oct 2018). More Territory. New Eiffel News. (Archived articles). Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- 001. Royal Data. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
Primary userpage sources
In the text these references are preceded by a double dagger (‡):
- Z Luna Skye. MicroWiki. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- Renamed "Z. Luna Skye" to "Z Luna Skye"
- Z. Luna Skye. Contributions. MicroWiki. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- Z. Luna Skye. Contributions. MicroWiki. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Make the Edit! 2019. Retrieved 2 July 2020.
- User:Z Luna Skye/Zarel's 1 Year MicroWiki Anniversary
- User:Z Luna Skye/MicroGuiness Book. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- User:Z. Luna Skye/Zed's Two Year Microversary on MicroWiki. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- User:Z Luna Skye/sandbox9. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Edit milestones on MicroWiki. User:Z Luna Skye. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- The Apple News home page on MicroWiki. User:Z Luna Skye. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- FILM on MicroWiki. User:Z. Luna Skye. Retrieved 27 July 2020.
- Film ratings on User:Z Luna Skye. MicroWiki. Retrieved 8 November 2020.
- Best psychological thrillers. User:Z Luna Skye. Retrieved 27 November 2020
- Smith, Zarel. Places I have visited on MicroWiki. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- User:Z. Luna Skye (personal)
- Constitution of the Principality of New Eiffel
- Official YouTube channel of the Government of New Eiffel
- New Eiffel roads index
- Zínt social media accounts
- Chess South Africa — chessa
.co .za; chesssouthafrica .co .za
- Hardy, Emiel (26 October 2019) Meet Zarel Smith, the Social Democrats’ new leader. Courant van Lazia.
- Burdette, Isaiah (18 October 2020) Opinion Article Isaiah Burdette: Zarel Smith. Micronational Gazette.
- Smith, Zarel (30 September 2020) Zarel Smith begins to leave community just after two year anniversary celebrations. Ponderosan News Agency.
- Lycon, Jayden (26 April 2020) For you and for all. The Canadian Isabelle - Shrek Super Party manifesto 2020 on Issuu. Curio Publications, p. 6.
- Norfolk, Cooper. Issue #75 – 14/12/18. Seybold Today. Archived from the original on 6 November 2019.
- Eiffelic annual financial report, 2019. p.3–6, p.10–11 "People" & "Adverts". Published by the Government of New Eiffel. 4 January 2020.
- Blackwood, Ives (16 July 2020) Zarel Smith makes plans to leave community. Home-made Crown Journal.
- HRANE archives p.6–8
- Notes, p.1–11
- Gréz, Emily (28 December 2019) Why did Zarel I make a 10 hour-long movie of an electric fan?. The New Eiffel Times. At Blogger. Archived from the original on 28 December 2019.
- History of the MicroWiki community
- Smith, Zarel (revised by Gréz, Emily) Prince Zed I’s Short Educational Biography. The New Eiffel Times.
- Filmography of Zarel Smith doc
- Zarel Smith on New Eiffel Wiki
- Zarel Smith on The Konmalehth Libraries (Archived 16/5/2020)
- Zarel Smith on TOES Wiki
|MicroCommons has media related to: Zarel I, Prince of New Eiffel|
| Zínt Fashion|
- Official website (under construction)
- Zed's user page on MicroWiki (personal)
- "Lord Zarel Smith" tag on the Austenasian Times
- "Zed Smith" tag on The Micronational Times
- "Zarel Smith" tag on The Abeldane
- Authored articles for the GUM minutes
- Zarel Smith on the Internet Archive
- Zed at IMDb
- DJ Zeddy on SoundCloud
- Zed's Wikipedia account (personal)
- Prince Zarel I on MicroWikiQuotes (Unofficial project)
- WikiTree: Smith-207204
- Geni: 10482922302
- MICB: 05067 [? 1]
- RYD: 001 [? 2]
- NECI: Cit. 3 [? 3]
- MBA: 708b7054-0c49-497e-bf4a-ae4bb62a325a [? 4]
- Royal Data.
- New Eiffel Citizens Index.
|Available languages for this page: • English • Deutsch • Ελληνικά • español • Nederlands • svenska|