Order of Ottokar
|Order of Ottokar|
Ordem de Ottokar
Collar of the Order of Ottokar
|Awarded by Sovereign Princess of Sildavia|
|Motto||Qui Ludere Cum Spinis Scabere|
Who stirs with thorns, is scratched
|Eligibility||Civilian and military|
|Awarded for||Civilian and military merits in favor of the Principality|
|Grand Master||Maria of Sildavia|
|Grades||Grand Cross, Commander, Official, Knight|
|First induction||10 July 2016|
|Last induction||23 August 2020|
|Next (higher)||Order of Black Pelican|
|Next (lower)||Order of Sildavian Merit|
Ribbon of Grand Master of the Order of Ottokar
The Order of Ottokar was a dynastic order of knighthood founded in Agram by Ban Weslley of Horvatia in 2016, to celebrate the establishment of the Kingdom of Horvatia and the signature of the Karno-Ruthenian Compromise of 2016 in 10 May 2016 and was created to be the most prestigious orders of Horvatia. On 22 April 2020, the order was transferred to the Princely Family of Sildavia, and was removed of the list of honours of the Empire of Karnia-Ruthenia.
The Order of Ottokar was created in 2016 by Prince Weslley of Agram, Ban of Horvatia, named after King Ottokar II of Bohemia and also to celebrate the creation of the Kingdom and the signing of the Karno-Ruthenian Compromise of 2016. The motto of the order is Qui Ludere Cum Spinis Scabere, Latin for Who stirs with thorns, is scratched.
The Ban of Horvatia is, while in office, the Grand Master of the Order and the Hereditary Prince of Agram is the Chancellor of the Order. Only the Ban may grant, promote or revoke the membership. The inspirations of the Order of Ottokar was the Polish Order of the White Eagle and German Order of the Black Eagle.
On 22 April 2020, the Imperial House of Karnia-Ruthenia transferred the sovereignity of the order to the Princely Family of Sildavia. Under the terms of this arrangement, the Order would be again reverted to Karno-Ruthenian Monarchy if the terms of the transfer were violated. The orders granted during the Karno-Ruthenian period will be maintained.
Precedence and privileges
The members of the Order are assigned positions in the order of precedence, ranking above all others of knightly rank, with the exception of the Knights of the Order of the Black Pelican. Wives, sons, daughters and daughters-in-law of members of the Order of Ottokar also feature on the order of precedence.
When an individual is entitled to use multiple post-nominal letters, they may use GCO for the Grand Cross, CCO for the Commander, MO for the Official and KO for the Knight, as much as DO for a Dame of the Order. The Grand Master use the post-nominal of GMO and the post-nominal TCO. Members of the Order may encircle their arms with the circlet of the Order.
The badge of the order is composed by a white enamelled cross pattée with a central medallion bearing the image of a white eagle with the motto of the Order.
Grand Masters of the Order
2016 - 2017
2017 - 2020
- Oscar I, Emperor-King of Karnia-Ruthenia (Remains as Honorary Grand Master)
2020 - current
- His Highness, Prince Joseph Cicero of Agram, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Highness, Princess Séverine Marie of Agram, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Highness, Prince Lucas of Agram, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the Emperor-King Oscar of Karnia-Ruthenia, as Grand Cross of the Order
- Her Imperial and Royal Majesty, the Empress-Queen Paloma of Karnia-Ruthenia, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduke Ari of Karnia-Ruthenia, as Grand Cross of the Order
- Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Denise of Karnia-Ruthenia, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Royal Majesty, King Emerson I of Brigantia and Afrikanda, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Royal Highness, Prince Otávio Kwanza, Baron of Oluranlovo, as Commander of the Order
- His Highness, Prince João Pedro of Meridionalia, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Royal Majesty, King Francesco III Pellegrini, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Highness, Stadhouder Lucas of Woestein, as Grand Cross of the Order
- Her Royal Highness, Gabriela, Princess of Klow, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Highness, The Duke of Flaviano, as Grand Cross of the Order
- Her Highness, The Countess of Orleans, as Grand Cross of the Order
- His Serene Highness Cesar of Lateran State, as Commander of the Order
- His Most Gracious Majesty, Arthur II, The King of Ebenthal, as Commander of the Order