New Year's Micronation
A New Year's Micronation is a micronation founded on New Year's Day. Unlike other public holidays, 1 January is arguably the date at which the largest number of micronations are founded, and as such the term became widely used.
A few well-known establishments on New Year's Day include the Kingdom of Lovely (2005), Colony of Iego (later succeeded by the Federated Republics of A1; 2010), the Empire of Loveland (2017), the State of Gradonia and the Jusin Republic (both 2018). And notably, at midnight EST on 1 January 2020, the Phoklandian Free State was formed as a merger between the Kingdom of Phokland and the Grand Duchy of Navārdia.
New Year's Micronations
Micronations formed on 1 January on various different years.
- Phoklandian Free State (2020)
- Royal Kingdom (2019)
- State of Gradonia (2018)
- Jusin Republic (2018)
- Kingdom of Pöllömaa (2018)
- Federation of Conewiwa and New Hanchih (2018)
- Commonwealth Kingdom of Elim (2017)
- Empire of Loveland (2017)
- Kingdom of Falcar (2015)
- Kingdom of New Anglia (2012)
- Raflesinesia (2012)
- Colony of Iego (2010)
- Kingdom of Wattania (2009)
- Kingdom of Lovely (2005)
- Most Glorious People's Republic of A1 (2008)
New Year's Eve Micronations
Micronations formed on 31 December on various different years.
- Republic of New Finland (Later known as the Principality of New Eiffel) (2017)
- Ünie Republic (2009)
- Slinky Empyre (2008)
- Penn Federal Republic (2020)
After New Year's Micronation
Micronations formed on 2 January on various different years.