Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
New Scientopian Language Project
New Scientopian is a language built from latin, and so is essentially a romance language, but scientopian generally prefer the term neo-latin. It is the first language in the GUM to our knowledge to begin for scratch. It has a different accent to all other romance languages. It also draws moderatly from japanese in this respect.
- 1 Basics
- 2 Pronouns
- 3 Greetings and Goodbyes
- 4 Your Name
- 5 Asking Birthdays
- 6 Your Birthday
- 7 Describing Nouns
- 8 Animals
- 9 Speaking About Family
- 10 Places
- 11 Directions
- 12 Scientopian Numbers; One to One Trillion
- 13 Rule of Scientopian Number Construction
- 14 Scientopian Calendar
- 15 Month Names
- 16 Leap Years
- 17 National Holidays
- 18 Days of the week in order
- 19 Scientopian Colours
- 20 Feelings
- 21 The 11 Senses
- Yes is ataim
- No is quinaeymo
- Maybe is athiamést
- Later as an answer is nonnullus visis secundiam
- I is ego
- He is andres
- She is oestres
- We is pluris
- They is dapluris
- Gentlemen is Mitivir
Greetings and Goodbyes
If you are on good terms, One is expected to greet a group of people with the phrase "Bonvesper Mitivir" (literally "Goodevening Gentlemen"), if you are on bad terms with someone within the group, the group should first be addressed with "Bonvesper Mitivir", then the individual should be addressed, "Vestri secui, donatushic, espissime" (Literally "Your part, given here, is badly.") If you are addressing a single person, and you are on good terms, simply "Bonvesper" is appropriate, and if you are on bad terms with them, shake their hand, and say "Amplitudriens" (literally "grand morning") For goodbyes to people you are on good terms with, the standard is "Subsistoportet, Mitivir", or simply "Subsistoportet" (Keep Reasonable). Goodbye to people you are on poor terms with, however, is "Maivos increbresco" (May you prevail).
- In English, you say “My name is XXXX”
- In Scientopian you say “XXXX, my name is such” or “XXXX, meuslaudo estalis”
- In English, you say "What is your name?"
- In Scientopian you say "Vestrilaudo, quis estalis?"
In the same way you ask "Vestrilaudo, quis estalis?", you ask "Verstriortalanus, quis estalis?"
In English, you say, for example "My Birthday is 1st of January" In Scientopian you say "1 Eruditus, meusortalanus estalis"
In English, as you know, people say things like "The ball is red", redness is a property belonging to the ball, however, in Scientopian, it is "Xymeglo, uni trinorbis abshoc”, literally, "Red, a ball of it"
Speaking About Family
In Scientopia, there are different words for each set of relatives
- Selected in grey is you, or "Ego"
- In red are siblings, or "Cogentria"
- In Yellow, are cousins, or "Procodegentria"
- In Green, parents, or "Progentria"
- In Pink, Uncles and aunts, "Procogentria"
- In Black, Grand Parents, "Triprogentia"
- In the case of females, These terms become -gentrix, and in the case of males, -gentresc.
Hospital is rememdilocus (Medicine place)
Toilets are aerumna
Tourist Information is notitia pro novus populus (Information for new people)
Cinema is domasphictus statua (House of Living Images)
Pharmacy is rememdium (Medicine)
Park is urbaviridis (Urban green)
Church, Mosque or any place of worship are cultastomus (Worship house)
Hotel is terrenastomus (temporary home)
Bank is opspotior (Wealth Holders)
The centre of town is civispectus (Town Heart)
University and Library are both civismens (Town mind)
Courts is justicia (Justice)
Restruarant is epulumexitus (Feasting outlet)
Any bar, pub or club is a liquihabitum (Liquor holder)
The beach is Terrora (Land edge)
Questions about the where abouts of any building, you should ask the question "XXXX, isest qua?". It should be named if it has a name, or, if you are looking for the closest establishment of this kind, you should be asking "XXXX, proximus isest qua? To give directions, you have three words, left which is sinistroverto, right which is dextraverto and straightahead which is haudaverto. If you wish to say turn left twice, it will be "Duobus sinistroverto" If you want to say second left, it will be "Sinistroverto duobus". Written instructions for say, take the second left, then right, the right again, then straight ahead, then two lefts, it would be written; S2,2D,H,2S.
Scientopian Numbers; One to One Trillion
11. Onu-quo önsus
12. Onu-quo Duobus
13. Onu-quo Triesobus
Rule of Scientopian Number Construction
- Putting a small number in front of a larger one signifies a multiplication. For examples;
- Quattuor Centieus is Four Hundred
- Duodeviginti Sabrues Növem Centiues Onu-quo Növem is Eight thousand Nine Hundred and Nineteen
The newly developed Scientopian Calendar has;
- Ten Months, each consisting of seven weeks and three Scientopian Days
- Seventy Three Weeks of ten Scientopian Days
- Seven Hundred and Thirty, five hundred beat (Twelve Hour) days
- Seventy Three Weeks of ten Scientopian Days
2 Accendus (15th march second 12 hours) - Pyrodiusti. Celebration of fire. Large amounts of flashy fire displays including huge cremora mines and parties
Days of the week in order
- Melora, an orange colour, the same as a 1M solution of methyl orange.
- Brussilelle, is a blue colour, the same as a 1M solution of Prussian Blue.
- Xymeglo, is a red colour, the same as healthy blood.
- Iodni is a purple colour, the same as Iodine vapour.
- Trinitio is a yellow colour, the same as pure TNT.
- Potasmanga is a pink colour, the same as a 1M solution of Potassium Permanganate.
- Rimelbor is a green colour, the same as the emmision spectrum of boron.
In scientopia, we speak of spectrums of emotions. So we have the following spectrums;
- Catatonia. Low catatonia is to say you feel calm, high catanonia means you are angry.
- Malbonia. Low malbonia is to say you feel happy, high malbonia means you feel miserable.
- Afelicita. Low afelicita is to say you feel lucky, high afelicita is to say you feel unlucky.
- Asanitia. Low asanitia is to say you feel well, high asanitia is to say you feel ill.
- Asomitia. Low asomitia is to say you feel alert, high asomitia is to say you feel tired.
To say that you are, for example happy, you would say "Muesmalbonia, gravitent estalis"
The 11 Senses
In Scientopia, we currently accept the validity of 11 senses;
- Thermoceptios, the sense of heat.
- Nociceptios, the sense of pain.
- Baroception, the sense of pressure.
- Chromoceptios, the sense of colour.
- Chronoceptios, the sense of time.
- Photoceptios, the sense of brightness.
- Equilibrioceptios, the sense of balance.
- Oflacticeptios, the sense of smell.
- Gustorioception, the sense of taste.
- Sonoception, the sense of hearing
- Syneasceptios, any crossover between sense.