New Leeds Alley

From MicroWiki, the free micronational encyclopædia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

New Leeds Alley (formerly known as New Eiffelic Entrance) was a major pedestrian alleyway in north New Leeds, erstwhile Principality of New Eiffel, and later the State of New Eiffel in the Grand Duchy of Australis. Formally designated on 23 December 2019, it was one of three alleyways in the micronation—alongside Walkway Alley and South Alley in Új Repülő. A side entrance next to XCUT of the Main Building, the alleyway was used to transport bicycles, waste containers, building materials and machinery from the United Kingdom into the principality, instead of going through via the Main Building. New Leeds Alley was the only paved alleyway within New Eiffel.

6.15 metres (20.2 feet) long and 0.84 metres (2.75 feet) wide, New Leeds Alley was the most used alleyway within New Eiffel. The alleyway had existed since the construction of the Main Building around June 1936. It was officially designated as New Eiffelic Entrance on 23 December 2019 by the Ministry of Transportation, and was renamed to New Leeds Alley on 7 January 2020. The alleyway lost its designation after the dissolution of New Eiffel on 1 November 2020, however it would briefly be re-designated under the Grand Duchy of Australis between 12 January and 9 September 2021.

Geography

New Leeds Alley was a 6.15 metre (20.2 feet) long, and 0.84 metre (2.75 feet) wide pedestrian alleyway in north New Leeds, the largest and only populated city of the erstwhile Principality of New Eiffel. The only paved alleyway within New Eiffel, New Leeds Alley began at XCUT Parking, adjacent to the New Eiffel–United Kingdom East Border. Passing the New Eiffel–United Kingdom North Border to its north, and XCUT—which is attached to the Main Building—to its south, New Leeds Alley ran a westerly course for its entire 6.15 metres (20.2 feet) of length. It terminated at Worker's Street, the only street within New Eiffel not to be located on an officially designated road.

History

The alleyway came into existence by at least June 1936, with the construction of the Main Building. Formerly located in the United Kingdom, New Leeds Alley became located within the territory of New Eiffel upon the foundation of Republic of New Finland's British claimant on 4 January 2018, through the Kingdom of New Finland in 4 June and onto the Principality of New Eiffel in 11 August until its dissolution on 1 November 2020, when the territory was seceded back to the United Kingdom. However, New Leeds Alley would briefly exist in the State of New Eiffel under the Grand Duchy of Australis between 12 January and 9 September 2021. It was officially designated as New Leeds Alley on 23 December 2019, by the Ministry of Transportation. It was designated alongside two other alleyways—Walkway Alley in northwestern Új Repülő, and South Alley in southern Új Repülő.

Usage

A side entrance next to XCUT of the Main Building, the alleyway was used to transport bicycles, waste containers, building materials and machinery from the United Kingdom into the principality, instead of going through via the Main Building.

See also