Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
|Emperor of the Abeldane Empire|
Imperial greater coat of arms of Abelden
since 16 June 2016
|Style||His Imperial and Royal Exalted Majesty|
|Heir apparent||HI&RH Ervecysarich Newton|
|Formation||6 June 2014|
The Abeldane Monarchy, constitutionally called as the Crown, is the institution that compromises the Monarch of the Abeldane Empire and the entire Imperial Abeldane Family. The constitutional title that the monarchs holds - Emperor for males and Empress for females. The current monarch of the Abeldane Empire is Newton since 16 June 2018.
Abelden is a federal monarchy, thus making Alenshka the permanent seat of the Empire. The Monarch is also therefore the King of Alenshka in this case. The Monarch is primus inter pares, or first among equals, among all of the federal monarchs of Abelden.
Powers and duties
The monarch has duties and powers as a monarch:
- The power to control the government
- The power to give titles to people
- The power to appoint the cabinet and the Prime Minister
- The power to hold the title Imperial and Royal Exalted Majesty
- The power to issue Imperial decrees
- The power to veto a General Elections
- The power to declare war
- The power to start diplomatic relations
The monarch has more duties than this, listed here are important powers and duties of a monarch.
The monarchy of the Abeldane Empire was established on the 6 June 2014 with the signing of the Establishment Declaration. Stephanus was proclaimed Emperor and signed the declaration of establishment on the 6 June 2014.
Since the establishment of the Empire, the Monarch wielded several powers as an absolute monarchs such that the Monarch ran most of the daily affairs of the government and of the Empire. All but one thing can the Monarch do, which was disestablishing the Empire or dissolving it, which would be illegal following an irrevocable decree. The Monarch was responsible for establishing relations with other states, signing new laws or even creating them, appointing the Vorsitzender and the cabinet and others. This absolute power has now since devolved only to the original founders of the Empire, namely Emperor Stephen, Prince Donald, Duke of Pleston and The Former Empress Rachel I.
After an increase in inactivity in the Empire, Emperor Stephen abdicated for the first time on the 24 September 2014, citing to personal reasons and real life situations, in favour of Empress Rachel I. The abdication did not decrease inactivity, but increased instead. After Emperor Stephen coming back to the community, Empress Rachel I abdicated in favour of Prince Donald and became Emperor Donald. Donald's reign was short and did not last more than 2 weeks and also abdicated in favour of Emperor Stephen, after he convinced Donald to abdicate for the sake of the Empire and returning it into activity. Stephen took the throne again for the second time on 25 December 2014 and was crowned for the first time on the same day.
Role in the 2015 Crisis
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this articlehas not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
Stephen focused and increased government activity and established several more ministries, which make up today's ministries in the cabinet. Elections were held from February to March 2015 and several parties such as the Conservative Party, the oldest party still to exist in the empire, and the New Democratic Party, which dominated the Empire and the government for years and held a stronghold of influence with the Emperor.
During this time, the influence of the government on decision making was affecting the Emperor too, which also decreased his power as decisions made by him were now required to be approved by a plebiscite.
On 20 March 2018, Emperor Stephen announced his intention to abdicate on the 24th, the third anniversary of his most recent ascension to the throne. He was succeeded on that day by Emperor Nicholas. A few months later, Nicholas abdicated in favor of Newton I, who appointed Stephen Prince Regent.
List of Monarchs
|Name||Lifespan||Reign start||Reign end||Total reign||Notes||House||Image|
|Stephen||14 November||6 June 2014||24 September 2014||110 days|| Emperor
|Rachel I||18 November 1999||24 September 2014||16 December 2014||83 days|| Rotational succession
|Donald||21 July 1999||16 December 2014||25 December 2014||9 days|| Rotational succession
|Stephen||14 November||25 December 2014||6 March 2015||71 days|| Rotational succession
|Donald||21 July 1999||6 March 2015||24 March 2015||18 days|| Selected succession
|Stephen||14 November||24 March 2015||24 March 2018||3 years|| Rotational succession
|Nicholas||18 November||24 March 2018||15 June 2018||92 days|| Rotational succession
|Newton||16 December 1998||15 June 2018||344 days||Rotational succession||von Uberquie|
Stephen became monarch when the Abeldane Empire was established. Stephen abdicated in favor of Rachel on the 24 September 2014. Rachel abdicated on the 16 December 2014 in favor of Donald. Donald abdicated in favor of Stephen on 25 December 2014.
As per the Monarchial Decree in Feburary 2017, the succession to the Crown, as well as to the Alenshkan throne, follows a rotary succession wherein 6 ruling houses, the House of Freayth, House of Kaos, House of von Uberquie, House of Gordon, the House of Rees, the House of Gordon and House of West equally share the succession and are arranged by precedence of the houses alternately:
- (1) Member of the House of von Uberquie
- (2) Member of the House of Rees
- (3) Member of the House of West
- (4) Member of the House of Freayth
- (5) Member of the House of Kaos
- (6) Member of the House of von Uberquie
Those who hold the first and second line to the succession are only the heads of each houses and no one else may take that place if he/she is not the head of any of the houses. The heir apparent usually bears the title Duke of Alexton or Duchess of Alexton, the second in line takes the title Duke of Eastlands and the third in line takes the title Duke of Pleston. The titles are not hereditary and thus in the case one ascends to the throne, the first in line has to be given the title by the Monarch as the title merges with the Crown upon his/her accession.
Currently, all houses follows an absolute primogeniture and thus females are eligible for the throne. Previously, the House of Freayth and West followed the male-preference primogeniture but abolished it in 2016. The Dowager Duchess of Trentonshire and the Duchess of Stephenston are given an exception to be included on the succession as mothers to the respective heads.
Full line of succession
House of von Uberquie
- HI&REM Newton I
- (5) HI&RH Grand Princess Enoshima
House of Freayth
- (6) HI&RH Princess Leonida, Duchess of Artyion
- (1) HI&RH The Ervecysarich Stephen, Duke of Claret
- (10) HI&RH Grand Princess Anne of Abelden
House of Rees
- HI&RH Prince M., Duke of Trentonshire
- HI&RH Grand Princess M., Dowager Duchess of Trentonshire
- (2) HI&RH The Grand Prince Steven, 2nd Duke of Trentonshire
- (7) HI&RH Grand Prince G., Earl of Huleton
House of West
- HI&RH Grand Prince D., Duke of Stephenston
- HI&RH Grand Princess M., Duchess of Stephenston
- (3) HI&RH The Grand Prince Donald, Baron Westness
- (8) HI&RH Prince Mason, Earl of Deoter
House of Kaos
- (4) HI&RH Grand Prince Nicholas, Duke of Manchester
- (9) HI&RH Grand Princess Meghan
Bold denotes for the head of each house. Line succession is determined by the numbers on the left with brackets. Italics denote the person is deceased. Gray crowns stand for former Monarchs and a heraldic crown for the present Monarch.
The Monarch is addressed as His Imperial Majesty in formal way or His Imperial and Royal Majesty when referring to the Monarch as Monarch of Abelden and the Abeldane Commonwealth nations. The Monarch is referred informally as 'The Emperor' simply or calling the Monarch as 'Your Majesty'. In Commonwealth members, the Monarch is referred as 'The King' or 'The Emperor' and is styled as His Majesty.
Below is the full title of the Monarchs since 2017:
- His Imperial and Royal Exalted Majesty
- by the Grace of the Lord our Almighty God and Saviour,
- Forever August,
- Emperor of the Abeldane Empire and Exalted King of Alenshka,
- Legatian Emperor and King,
- Emperor of Andrestan,
- King of Legabelden, Huma, Burkland, Kobylgrad, Khadarstan,
- Protector of Suania;
- Founder of Abelden,
- Archduke of Legatia, Prince of Abelden and Alenshka, Legabelden, Dolangrad;
- Elector Prince of Andrestan;
- Grand Duke of Darmania; Duke of Glaciania, Leganisberg, Deoter;
- Margrave of Nirapēkṣa, Ovižava, Northern Legatia, Southern Legatia;
- Prince of Othal, Carsvile, Gluttersberg, Carlston, Orlanta, Pristala, Grostynien, Zseravetsky, Trostia, Niechale, Earl of Mochlyn;
- Head of the Abeldane Commonwealth;
- etc. etc. etc.
Several other tiles include:
- Sovereign of the Order of St. Philip the Apostle, Sovereign of the Order of St. Bartholomew, Emperor Penguin Commander of the Order of the Emperor Penguin, Sovereign of the Order of Memery, Sovereign of the Order of the Rampant Lion, Sovereign of the Order of Imperium Abludum, Sovereign of the Order of Holy Angels and Saints, Sovereign of the Order of the Empress and Queen, Sovereign of the Order of Legatia, Sovereign of the Order of Orange;
- Sovereign of all territories and dependencies of his Imperial and Royal Empire and Protector, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth
The full style of the Monarch is only used on Letters Patent for nobility and on the constitution. The Monarch's longest style on documents and on acts is simply as: His Imperial and Royal Exalted Majesty, Stephen, by the Grace of the Lord our Almighty God and Saviour, Forever August, Emperor of the Abeldane Empire and King of Alenshka, Legatian Emperor and King, Protector of Suania, Head of the Abeldane Commonwealth, Sovereign of all territories and dependencies. The way the Monarch is named and referred in Acts of the Parliament and legal usage is simply His Imperial and Royal Exalted Majesty, the Emperor.