Micronational reactions to the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol
of macronational events
|United States of America|
|Presidential elections||2016 - 2020|
|Gubernatorial elections||California recall, 2021|
|Annexation of Crimea||2014|
|Chinese Uyghur internment||2017‑ongoing|
|Hong Kong protests||2019|
|George Floyd protests||2020|
|US Capitol Protests||2021|
On January 5–6, 2021, supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump gathered in Washington, D.C., to protest the results of the 2020 presidential election, and support Trump's demand for Vice President Mike Pence and Congress to reject president-elect Joe Biden's victory. Such events are bound to have a profound impact on the micronational community and the macronational community as a whole, eliciting many reactions to the situation.
A number of micronations have reacted to these protests, with varying opinions on the situation.
Below is a list of micronations that have announced official support for the pro-trump protestors.
- Tueoedeth - Tueoedeth has announced their support for protestors.
- Kingdom of Jehovah - Jehovah has announced their support for the protestors.
- Reunited Ocean States - ROS has always maintained a pro-Trump stance, and it is believed that the protests are responsible in part for the Insurgency in Ocean States.
Below is a list of micronations that have announced official word against protesters.
- Slobovia - Slobovia is against the protests and has gone on security lockdown, due to the President living near DC.
- Second American Empire - The emperor Francis I said the protests were against democracy and law & order, he issued a Tier 1, Security Lockdown on the afternoon of 6 January 2021. The Chancellor condemned the violence saying it is not the way to act and should use peaceful means of protests.
- Saspearian - Emperor Anthony I issued a statement against the violent protestors, saying "I hereby condemn the violent actions of the rioters who stormed the US Capitol Building today. I hope for peace for the United States and we stand together against the darkness in the United States of America forevermore."
- Cycoldia Christina I and other members of her government privately expressed dismay with the protest, as well as the Cycoldian Capitol and Military High Command Centre being put on high alert on specific days leading up to the inauguration of Joe Biden, as revealed by a declassified internal briefing.
- Template:Country data Confederation of Malus - President L has stated over Twitter that he is disgusted at the riot. He has been quoted saying, "Fascism has no place in this country and the fact this was ever allowed to happen just proves we're too far down the hole to climb back out."
- Caudonia - Prince William I has condemned the storming of the Capitol.
- Nowell, Christina (12 January 2021). "Internal Briefing Regarding Planned Riots in the United States". Office of the Summi Imperatoria.