Kingdom of Vae
| Kingdom of Vae (eng)|
Regno di Vae(ita)
|Capital city||Homestead, Realm of Vae|
|Official language(s)||National language: Vaesian English |
Realm of Vae: Vaesian English, Veneto, Italian (de facto)
|Official religion(s)||Catholic Christianity|
|- Monarch||HM George I|
|- HM First Secretary||Vacant|
|Legislature||Parliament of Vae|
|Established||26 November 2020|
|Population||15 subjects + 28 residents|
|Currency||Euro (€), Vaesian Dollar (V$)|
|Time zone||CET in the Realm of Vae|
|Patron saint||Saint Francis|
Vae, officially the Kingdom of Vae, is an autonomous territorial entity which claims sovereignty. However, it may be more commonly referred to as a micronation by external observers. Proclaimed in North Italy, the Kingdom announced its independence from the Italian Republic in 2020. It consists of several enclaves in the north of the Italian peninsula.
The Kingdom is officially Catholic Christian. Much of its influence in the government structure and philosophy, however, does not stem from its Italian background but from European kingdoms such as the United Kingdom, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and other such nations.
Structure of the Kingdom
The Kingdom is composed of two parts:
- The Realm of Vae, the main part of the landmass, which is located in North Italy.
- Territories, located all over the world. Currently, the Kingdom is planning operations to achieve their annexation and/or declaration of independence.
The Kingdom is divided in several sections:
- At a national level, it is led by HM Government and the Parliament of Vae. Both have jurisdiction over the whole nation, along with the territory of the Realm of Vae. They are elected following a Westminster-style system based on constituencies, the majority of which are in the Realm. Members of Parliament outside of the Realm are prohibited from voting on matters pertaining to it.
- At the territorial level, it is led by an appointed representative of His Majesty, commonly referred to as HM Governor or HM Commissioner, who may be assisted by an appointed or locally elected executive council, led by a Premier, and an elected legislative council.
|Name||Type of Division||Subjects and Residents|
|Royal Borough of Homestead||Royal Borough||4 Subjects + 14|
|Roso County||County||2 Subects + 11|
|Seriole County||County||2 Subjects + 3|
|Ekster County||County||3 Subjects|
|Malta County||County||4 Subjects|
|Flag||Coat of Arms||Name||Continent||Population||Representative||Premier||Has Executive Council||Has Legislative Council||Subjects and Residents|
The principle of Governance is Monarchy: the Monarch plays an active part in the governance of the Nation.
Initially, there was not an official constitution: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was used, in conjunction of constitutional convention, to govern the Nation.
Currently, there is a constitution not of a codified nature. It is divided in five letters patent, the first one overviewing the basic structures of the state which requires a supermajority and royal consent to amend.
Structure of HM Government
HM Government serves as the national government for Vae. It is appointed by His Majesty the King conventionally after a majority vote of confidence from the House of Commons of the Vaesian Parliament.
It is structured as follows:
- HM Prime Minister's Executive Office, tasked with supporting the Prime Minister and the Cabinet with their duties.
- HM Department of Home Affairs (also known as Home Office), led by HM Secretary of Home Affairs, is responsible for maintaining law and order, public safety and such other policing duties through the Royal Vae Police Service, along with securing the borders, processing subjectship applications, and keeping a census of subjects.
- HM Department of Foreign Affairs (also known as Foreign Office), led by HM Secretary of Foreign Affairs, is responsible for maintaining and promoting diplomatic relations with foreign nations, along with furthering national aims and interests. It operates the Royal Intelligence Agency.
- HM Department of Defense, led by HM Secretary of Defense, is responsible for the defense, both physical and cybernetic, of the Kingdom.
- HM Department of Justice, led by HM Attorney General, is responsible for running the courts, for supervising the police services and operating the Royal Bureau of Investigation and the Royal Prison Service.
- HM Treasury, led by HM Chancellor, is responsible for funding HM Government and managing the income of the same through taxes, fines, and such. It operates the Royal Bank of Vae and Royal Revenue Service.
- HM Department of Culture, led by HM Secretary of Culture, is responsible for preserving and promoting Vaesian culture in the country and abroad.
All the heads of departments are grouped under the term of Ministers of the Crown.
|Department||Head||Current Officeholder||Task||Agencies operated|
|HM Prime Minister's Executive Office||HM Prime Minister||Vacant||Supporting the First Secretary and the Cabinet with their duties.||N/A|
|HM Department of Home Affairs||HM Secretary of State for Home Affairs||Vacant||Law enforcement, public order, border security, immigration and census services.||Royal Vae Police Service|
|HM Department of Foreign Affairs||HM Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs||Vacant||Maintaining and promoting diplomatic relations with foreign nations, along with furthering national aims and interests.||Royal Intelligence Agency|
|HM Department of Defense||HM Secretary of State for Defense||Vacant||Defense, both physical and cybernetic, of the Kingdom.||HM Armed Forces|
|HM Department of Justice||HM Attorney General||Vacant||Running the courts, running prison services, supervising the police services, counter-terrorism, domestic intelligence.||Royal Bureau of Investigation
Royal Prison Service
|HM Treasury||HM Chancellor of the Treasury||Vacant||Managing the funding of HM Government and managing the income of the same through taxes, fines, and such.||Royal Bank of Vae|
|HM Department of Culture||HM Secretary of State for Culture||Vacant||Preserving and promoting Vaesian culture in the country and abroad.||Light Institute (Cinema Production)
Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences
The Vaesian Times
Structure of the Vae Parliament
The Parliament of Vae is the national legislature. It is composed of two chambers: the House of Commons, elected among subjects, and the House of Lords, consisting of Peers of the Kingdom appointed by His Majesty.
The House of Commons has the responsibility of giving the vote of confidence to candidates for HM Government. Revenue bills must be introduced in the House of Commons.
The House of Lords has the responsibility of approving any proposals the House of Commons might give the Sovereign (i.e. treaties, deployments of troops or military operations, giving royal assent to a law, appointments to government offices, etc...).
|House of Commons||House of Lords|
|Speaker / Lord Speaker||Vacant||Vacant|
|Number of Participants||1+10||Variable|
|Term of Office||One year||Life|
Territorial Governments are led by a representative of the sovereign , a civil servant part of the Home Department, who rules and represents the Monarch in the Nation's territories. According to the instance, he may be aided by an appointed or elected Premier and Executive Council and an elected Legislative Council. The representative is in charge of the local police and defense forces, along with the detachments of national agencies and military which may be stationed there; their duties extend in granting Royal Assent to laws proposed by the Executive and Legislative Councils.
While only just founded, the Foreign Office has started to efficiently operate to establish diplomatic relations with many and diverse states.
As a principle, Foreign Policy is generally centred on expansionism, colonialism, imperialism while, however, respecting Human Rights and the will of the Peoples of the Kingdom and, generally, of the interested states.
- Ecologist Republic of Bartonia, 27/11/2020
- Kingdom of Wynnland, 28/11/2020
- Nexan Republic, 28/11/2020
- Ecologist Republic of Bartonia, Friendly, 27/11/2020
- Empire of Austenasia, Friendly, 27/11/2020
- Kingdom of Wynnland, Friendly, 28/11/2020
- Promatia, Friendly, 28/11/2020
- Nexan Republic, Friendly, 28/11/2020
- Principality of Atlantida, 17/01/2021
Law and order
The Kingdom operates under a common law jurisdiction. However, trials by jury are not very common, as their duties are taken over by judges. The system is adversarial in nature, and legislative review is encopassed.
The judicial system is structured in three tiers:
- At the National level, the King, assisted by HM Privy Council, serves as a supreme and constitutional court. His Majesty operates under discretionary review.
- Appellate Courts function as a panel of three judges who review cases from lower courts.
- Courts of Justice function as general trial courts, in which both civil and criminal cases are tired.
HM Security Forces
All of the following civilian agencies are grouped under the term HM Security Forces. They are under the control of the Monarch as Supreme Commissioner-in-Chief.
Royal Vae Police Service (RVPS)
The Royal Vae Police Service (RVPS) is the police authority that functions in the Realm of Vae. It operates under the Home Office, and its Chief is appointed by the Monarch conventionally following the advice of the Secretary of Home Affairs, after deliberation of the House of Lords.
The RVPS functions as a territorial police force in the Realm, while detaining jurisdiction the rest of the Kingdom. It also detains some other functions, such as securing the borders of the Kingdom and verifying and investigating, on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs, any issues regarding immigration, investigating any financial and white collar crimes in the Kingdom, on behalf of HM Treasury and, finally, operates the national prison service on behalf of the Department of Justice. These two branches have their heads appointed by the Monarch conventionally following the advice of, respectively, the Secretary of Home Affairs and the Chancellor, after deliberation of the House of Lords.
Royal Bureau of Investigation (RBI)
The Royal Bureau of Investigation is a government agency, under the Department of Justice, which operates mainly in investigative functions, as suggested by the name. It also functions as a domestic intelligence agency, preventing any subversive or terror crime. It is led by a Director, appointed by the Monarch conventionally following the advice of the Attorney General, after deliberation of the House of Lords.
Royal Intelligence Agency (RIA)
The Royal Intelligence Agency is a government agency, under the Department of Foreign Affairs, which is tasked with foreign intelligence gathering for the protection and interests of the Kingdom. It is led by a Director, appointed by the Monarch conventionally following the advice of the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, after deliberation of the House of Lords.
Ranks of HM Security Forces
|Code||RVPS (DHA)||RBI (DOJ)||RIA (DFA)|
|R-7||Chief of Police||Director||Director|
|R-6||Deputy Chief of Police||Deputy Director||Deputy Director|
|R-5||Captain||Assistant Director||Assistant Director|
|R-3||Sergeant||Supervisory Agent||Supervisory Agent|
|R-2||Corporal||Senior Agent||Senior Agent|
|N/A||Officer Trainee||Agent Trainee||Agent Trainee|
HM Armed Forces are the military of the Kingdom of Vae. Presently, only the Royal Army is active. They are under the control of the Monarch as Supreme Commander-in-Chief.
All subjects of the Kingdom, of proper age and physical and mental capabilities, take part in the Armed Forces as part of reserve component. Subjects in other critical roles may be excused from reserve service.
The Royal Army employs the following ranks.
|Code||Commissioned Rank||Code||Enlisted Rank|
|O-10||Field Marshal||W-3||Chief Warrant Officer 1|
|O-9||General||W-2||Warrant Officer 2|
|O-8||Lieutenant General||W-1||Warrant Officer 3|
|O-7||Brigadier General||E-7||First Sergeant|
|O-2||Lieutenant||E-2||Private First Class|
|N/A||Officer Cadet||N/A||Private Trainee|
The Nation is fairly liberal in nature, and has not taken any particular steps in curtailing the freedoms of the populace.
Generally speaking, the Nation is divided in four classes:
- Royaly: The Monarch and members of the Royal Family
- Nobility: Nobles, appointed by the Sovereign
- Subjectship: Ordinary subjects (or citizens), with full rights and duties. This also includes honour recipients (knights, dames, etc...)
- Honorary Subjectship: Citizens of other nations who want to express their support for the Kingdom, and want to associate themselves with it.
The culture in the Kingdom is very globalised. Most citizens know English at a proficiency level, along with Italian and Veneto. International works, such as plays, books, films and shows are highly appreciated. Mathematical and scientific knowledge is held to the same level of importance as Humane topics.
Food is also very important in Vaesian culture. Due to the proximity to the Italian Republic, foods such as pasta, pizza, and other such typically Italian foods are very common, and even homemade.
The national bird is the the Magpie, prized for its intelligence superior to all animals. Dogs and cats are also very much appreciated.
Catholic Christianity is the state religion. However, as dictated in the Council of Trent by Church authorities, it can be the prerogative of the Sovereign to appoint Priests and Bishops at his or her discretion, should the Monarch be the Chief of the National Church; following as decided, the Monarch appoints Bishops and Priests loyal to the state and the Crown.
Catholicism is the religion most practiced in the Kingdom, especially in the Realm of Vae.
The National Language is Vaesian English, a dialect of the English language spoken in the Realm of Vae.
De facto, due to the nation's proximity to the Italian Republic, most of the population speak Italian.
Along with Italian, most of the residents speak Veneto, a regional language of the Veneto region of Northern Italy, which holds official status in the Realm of Vae.
Work in progress