Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Kingdom of Broughtopia
|This article refers to a nation which is currently in a state of inactivity. You can help make the article reflect that or ask on the talk page for further information.|
Kingdom of Broughtopia |
For the King, for Broughtopia!
Auld Lang Syne
United Kingdom |
|Government||Constitutional Elected Monarchy|
|- Monarch||HRH King Jack I|
|- Lord Premier||HRH The Grand Duke of Broughton, Sean Chetty|
|- Number of seats||- 3|
|- Last election||- 21 August 2011|
|Established||5 November 2009|
|National animal||Yorkshire Terrier|
|Patron saint||St. George|
His Majesty King Jack I declared himself King of Broughtopia after the Imperialist Revolution of 2009 turning The Kingdom of Blighty into the Kingdom of Broughtopia. This transition included the banishment of all previous Members of Parliament and all previous Civil Servants. Before the 2009 Revolution HM Jack I created the Kingdom of Blighty, wherin the Prime minister declared intentions to make Blighty into a Republic. he implemented plans to create the Republic by exiling the King and the Lords, after he saw that the Government had turned against him HM Jack I decided to take back his throne, which resulted in the Imperialists seizing control. He discovered Micronationalism after watching the BBC program "How to start your own country" by Danny Wallace.
Cities and Territories
The Kingdom of Broughtopia has currently 3 territories:
- Broughton - The Capital and current home of King Jack I
- The Broughton Memorial Grounds - The Private grounds of King Jack I and the Royal Family, this land also provides the fruits & vegetables of the Kingdom. Making the Micronation self-sufficent.
- The Tiberian District - The former territories of The People's Republic of Tiberia, Now fully integrated into the Kingdom as a District
- Green-Top County - A green area of disused land, free of pollution and litter makes it the cleanest area of Broughtopia. There are no buildings in Green-top County making it perfect for a place to relax, a sporting event or (the most common use) Military training exercises.
The Government Structure
- The Monarch - Head of State, Commander in Chief of the Imperial Forces, Head of Civil Defence. (Elected)
- The First Lord/Lady - Second in Command of the Imperial Forces, Commander of the Royal Guard, Head of Imperial Security. (Appointed)
- The Lord Premier - Head of the Lords Council, Head of Police Forces, (Appointed)
- The Parliament - Bicameral, Contains: The Lords Council and the Civil Committee. Both Chambers will vote on Bills, and both chambers can put forward Bills for Royal assent. Possible laws have to have both Royal and Civil Assent to become law.
- The Lords Council - Chosen members of the Civil committee can be appointed to the Lords Council.
- Civil Committee - Elected representatives of the people.
The Annexation of The People's Republic of Tiberia
After the war of Broughtopia and Tiberia, the two Governments have decided on a Conditional Surrender which will benefit both Nations. The former territories of Tiberia will be Annexed into The Kingdom of Broughtopia.
- The Communist Republic of Dallingrad - Formal relations
- The Democratic Environmental Society of Senya - Formal relations
- The Technological Federation of Erephisia - Formal relations
- The Federal Republic of St.Charlie - Formal relations
- The Grand Duchy of Flandrensis/The Flandrensisian Commonwealth - Formal relations
- The Empire of Herculeum - Formal relations