Iceni Federal Republic
| Iceni Federal Republic |
The Republic Above All
The Washington Post March
|Capital city||Venta Icenorum|
|Largest city||Venta Icenorum|
|Demonym||Iceni (nationality), Iceni (adjective)|
|Government||Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic|
|- President||John Gordon|
|- Vice President||William Wilson|
|- President of the Senate||Vacant|
|- Speaker of the House||John Gordon (Acting)|
|Legislature||United Iceni Congress|
|- Upper House||Senate|
|- Lower House||House of Representatives|
|- Type||- bicameral|
|- Number of seats||- 4 in HoR, 3 in Senate|
|Established||28th September 2019 (as an independent state)|
9 November 2020 (Constitution enacted)
Iceni, officially the United Iceni Federal Republic or Iceni Federal Republic or United Iceni States (All names are interchangable) is a micronation that was created on the 26th September 2019 by John Gordon. The government is a federal presidential constitutional republic in which the President holds executive power, The legislature is the United Iceni Congress.
The Iceni Federal Republic was founded on the 28th September 2019, however, the state has existed from 2009 under several different incarnations. Sakasaria, Breckland and Palaisa.
The Iceni Republic was governed by the Iceni Military Council as from the 28th January 2020 following the coup d'etat that dissolved the Praetorian Assembly. On the 4th February 2020, the Iceni Military Council officially passed and ratified the new constitution, returning power to the new legislative, the Iceni Congress and the President of the Iceni Republic.
The Iceni Republic is a federal presidential constitutional republic with the President as head of state and head of government and leads the executive branch of government. The basic laws of the Iceni Republic are prescribed in the Constitution, the constitution was adopted on the founding of the state. the government of Iceni, known as the Federal Iceni Government consists of ministers in the government and were responsible for the daily governance of the nation.
Departments of the Federal Iceni Government
The following Government Departments are headed by secretaries who comprise Cabinet:
- Department of Republic Affairs - Led by the Republic Secretary, responsible for maintaining, guarding and administering the internal affairs of the republic, keeping a up to date census on all citizens and overseeing environmental affairs of the republic and in charge of the federal law enforcement through the Iceni Federal Investigation Bureau.
- Department of Commerce and the Treasury - Led by the Commerce and Treasury Secretary, responsible for maintaining the public finances of the republic and designating spending to the various agencies and governmental departments and is in charge of implimenting the Federal Governments fiscal policies.
- State Department - Led by the Secretary of State, responsible for foreign affairs of the republic and immigration policies. The State Department can advise the President on the appointment of ambassadors and their recall.
- Department of Defense - Led by the Secretary of Defense, responsible for the implimentation of Federal defense policy and the overseeing of the Armed Forces of the United Iceni States.
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
Iceni is comprised of two states, of which has two towns within each one - Greater Iceni State holds the towns of Venta Icenorum (The capital city) and Gaffney while Lower Iceni holds the towns of Jefferson and Caistor St. Edmund. Iceni currently holds no sub-national Territories.
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Venta Icenorum||20 September 2019||4||Representative
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Gaffney||20 September 2019||1||Representative|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Jefferson||10 November 2020||2||Representative|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Caistor St. Edmund||10 November 2020||2||Representative|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Greater Iceni||20 September 2019||5||Senator and Governor|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Lower Iceni||20 September 2019||4||Senator and Governor|
The Kingdom of Iceni prides itself of being an outward-looking nation and pursuing diplomatic relations with a diverse range of nations. Its Foreign Policy is quite straightforward in keeping with its professional policies.
- The micronation must be at least 1 year old and not drastically changed their form of governance in the last 6 months.
- The micronation must have a website with clear and truthful information (population, goals, territory).
- The micronation must exist in real life: countries with a fictional history, population or claims on virtual maps or imaginary worlds on the internet is not micronationalism but geofiction.
If a micronation does not adhere to these three points then recognition and indeed bilateral relations cannot take place. The Iceni Kingdom endeavours to expand its sphere to influence within the community using bilateral relations and its voice within international organisations. They aim to sign treaties of friendship and mutual recognition and forge ever closer relationships with their existing allies.
The Iceni Federal Republic establishes and maintains diplomatic relations with other nations through the State Department, led by the Secretary of State. The State Secretary has the power to grant "states of friendship" and tacit recognition, but official recognition of another nation can only be granted by an Act of Congress or Presidential Executive Order.