Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Handspuppet (pronounced ˈhændzˌpʌpɪt) is a micronational term to describe a sockpuppet account, mainly those created by Barnaby Hands of Senya, the term's namesake. The term is mainly used in the MicroWiki Sector. The persistent use of one or multiple Handspuppets is called Handspuppeting.
The First Use of the term 'Handspuppet' was used by Quentin I of Wyvern in an OAM membership application from DES Senya. The word before this had been sockpuppeting, but due to the high amount of sockpuppets produced by the president. The rest of the community quickly adopted the term.
The term 'Handspuppet' had been used widely around the micronational community. For Example, in March 2010, the term was used as a category for the first Schneider Awards, in which the Senyan president won. A couple of issues of various Microball magazines have also used the term.
- Handspuppeting - To describe a person or country who keeps on sockpuppeting, or comitts on numerous occasions.
- Handspuppeter - A person who uses a sockpuppet.
Several fictional micronations were portrayed as real through Handspuppeting. Here is an incomplete list:
- República de los Dioses del Sol Azteca
- Risoul 1850
- Free State of Mulaverno and Pretsopia
- West African USSR
- Fascist Republic of São Sebastião - Created using a Handspuppet of Kuri Kabanov.