Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Due to persistant vandalism, new wiki user accounts will, as a temporary measure,
have to be created with admin approval. Please register on the MicroWiki Forums,
then request a wiki account on the designated thread. Click here for more details.
Grand Republican Army of Delvera
|Grand Republican Army|
|Motto: Honor, Valor, Loyalty|
|March||"Salute to the Grand Republic March"|
|Established||15 July 2011|
|Country||Grand Republic of Delvera|
|Units||Infantry, Field Artillery, Cavalry, Specialists' Corps|
|Previous engagements||Operation Viscount, Operation Vicuña|
|Chief of Staff||Dylan Callahan|
|Adjutant Chief of Staff||Nikias Wernher|
|Senior Non-Commissioned Officer||Cole Sarkozy|
|Headquarters||Fort Constantine, Lavrasia|
|Standard weapon||Red Ryder .177 caliber Air Rifle|
The Grand Republican Army (GRA) of Delvera, formerly known as the Army of the Commonwealth of Lavrasia (ACL) and the Armies of the Moniteau (AotM) successively, is the primary land defense force of the Grand Republic of Delvera. The GRA should not be confused with the Grand Republican Army/Grand Imperial Army of Salania, from which it took its name, because it is fundamentally different from those organizations. The GRA is currently the only active component of the Delveran Armed Services.
The GRA is composed of the Delveran Infantry Regiment (DIR), Field Artillery Battery (DFAB), Cavalry Regiment (DCR), and Specialists’ Corps (DSC).
The DIR is the backbone of the Army. As such, members of the Infantry are present in all major military engagements, as well as humanitarian and volunteer missions, and other branches of the GRA are often brought up to the front lines to support Infantry units. The Infantry is the largest branch of the GRA and is granted the most resources by the High Command. The Infantry was founded in July 2011, and is therefore the oldest unit of the military.
Current Commanding Officer: COL David Sarkozy
Active Units: 1 Platoon (A:1R)
The DFAB is called upon to support the other branches of the GRA with sustained long range suppressing fire. Field Artillery personnel are, as a result, the most technical members of the military, and are required to have mathematical and practical skills to operate Artillery pieces quickly and effectively. Artillery soldiers are also trained to take on an auxiliary infantry role if necessary. Founded in March 2012, the Field Artillery is the second oldest regular unit of the GRA.
Current Commanding Officer: MAJ Dylan Callahan
Active Units: 1 Company (B:1H)
The DCR is composed of mounted soldiers who utilize all-terrain vehicles to conduct reconnaissance missions and lightning strikes on enemy defenses and supply positions. Although only lightly employed on the field, the cavalry is a devastating force in most battles due to their high mobility and power. Equally fierce out of the saddle, the Cavalry may fulfill the role of auxiliary infantry if required to do so. The Cavalry was formed in October 2012, and is thus the third oldest unit of the GRA.
Current Commanding Officer: MAJ Bob Monroe
Active Units: 1 Platoon (A:1M)
The DSC is composed of specialized and supporting units in the GRA. Far more diverse than the other branches, the Corps fills a huge variety of roles, both combat and non-combat. The Specialists' Corps was formed in March 2012.
Active Units: Signal Division, Quartermaster Division, Intelligence Division, Medical Division
Several military operations have been undertaken by the GRA and its predecessors, the Army of the Commonwealth (ACL) and Armies of the Moniteau (AotM).
- Operation Viscount (11/11-7/13) – In November 2011, Lord Governor Sarkozy’s dog, Wallace the Bold, was killed by coyotes in what is now the Republican Military Protectorate. The Lord Governor initiated an offensive against the local coyote population, which had grown substantially in the previous years, also affecting the availability of small game such as rabbits. The campaign involved several evening scouting missions and active hunting patrols over the course of nearly two years. The military was aided by relatives and neighbors of Delveran citizens, who were also concerned about the situation. After half a dozen confirmed kills, Sarkozy officially ended the operation in July 2013.
- Operation Nightingale (5/12-3/14) – This largely classified operation was an attempt to train and test the military’s elite in various night combat and infiltration skills, as well as create an unofficial special forces unit. It had mixed success.
- Operation Saving Grace (7/8/12-7/14/12) – In July 2012, two service members of the ACL were deployed to Joplin, Missouri to help in relief and reconstruction efforts in the wake of the May 2011 Joplin Tornado.
- Operation Fortitude (2/13-7/16) – Seeing a need to increase the strategic defense of the Commonwealth, and later the Grand Republic, High Command initiated a build up of defenses, stockpiling of weapons and equipment, and a renewed recruiting drive in February 2013. Several prominent military installations were constructed and improved upon, and three new training camps were established. Recruitment was been halting at times, but continued, while the increase in battle readiness constantly improved. The operation was ended with the completion of the DAS Central Headquarters in July 2016.
- Operation Vicuña (9/1/16) - On 1 September 2016, following the abdication of the NottaLottan government fewer than two weeks prior, the Wernher adminstration in conjunction with the High Command ordered the invasion and annex of NottaLotta Acres. The operation was a success, and there were no casualties on either side. The annex was widely regarded as a liberation from the chaos of the abdication of government.
- Operation Genesis (9/8/16-9/14/16) - In early September, the newly-formed Army Intelligence division made successful efforts to gather data and information about the Holy Empire of New Israel and its Emperor Markus II. This highly classified operation led to the discovery of many false claims and deceptions about the nature of the Missouri-based micronation and its government.
- Operation Exodus (9/15/16-10/18/16) - After the success of its immediate predecessor, Army Intelligence began an operation with the stated goal of enforcing the demands presented to Emperor Markus during Operation Genesis.
The Army of the Commonwealth held its first Basic Training Exercises, consisting of an overnight campout and physical training, in August 2011. A year later, Commanding Officer David Sarkozy initiated quarterly Drill Exercises, which would include a campout, tactical instruction, survival skills training, and various other events. When the Grand Republic was established, this precedent was upheld. Below is a record of all major training events held to date.
- August 2011 – Basic Training Exercise – Camp Constantine, Lavrasia
- September 2012 – Summer Drill Exercises – Camp Constantine, Lavrasia
- February 2013 – Winter Drill Exercises – Camp Friedrich, I District, CMP
- May 2013 – Spring Drill Exercises – Camp Constantine, Lavrasia
- August 2013 – Summer Drill Exercises – Camp Charlemagne, IV District, RMP
- March 2014 – Winter Drill Exercises – Camp Constantine, Lavrasia
- May 2014 – Spring Drill Exercises – Camp Constantine, Lavrasia
- August 2014 – Summer Drill Exercises – Camp Richard, V District, RMP/Camp Constantine, Lavrasia
- August 2015 – Summer Drill Exercises – Camp Constantine, Lavrasia/Camp Friedrich, I District, RMP
- May 2016 – Spring Drill Exercises - Camp Constantine, Lavrasia
It is of note that though the Drills are supposed to be quarterly, there has never been an Autumn Drill, largely due to the busy nature of the season in regard to holidays and schoolwork.
The GRA is thus far the most public and well-documented aspect of Delvera. In addition to the Drill videos, several productions have been planned, a few of which have been completed. The following is a complete list: