Micronations.wiki costs £160 per year to keep online.
Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able to do so
make a contribution so that Microwiki may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Foreign relations of Occitania
Foreign affairs of the Popular Union of Occitania.
- 1 Sovereignty disputes
- 2 Diplomatic Network
- 3 Micronations
- 3.1 International Organisations
- 3.2 Diplomatic relations
- 3.3 Micronation who recognizes unilaterally Occitania
- 3.4 The Union doesn't recognizes
- 3.5 Official condemnation
- 4 Macronations
- 5 Official statement
- 6 See also
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland claims Highland and Monkey Bay.
- The French Republic claims Maltemps, Palmola, Shalom, Verd Territory, Babougrad, Medoc, Lyudi and All-Saints
- The Kingdom of Spain claims Carpetania, Nata River, Three Flowers, Aragon, Bayarri, New-Ingolstadt and Monkey Bay.
- The Republic of Lithuania claims Novolitova and Kambagrad.
- The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela claims Tagtazabar.
- The State of Japan claims Himeji.
- The Kingdom of Norway claims Oslovia.
- Table key
|Occitanian Ambassador to Japan in Himeji-Hyōgo|
|Occitanian Ambassador to Lithuania|
|Occitanian Ambassador to Spain in Vigo|
|Occitanian Ambassador to United States in Toledo|
|Occitanian Ambassador to Venezuela in Valencia|
- MicroFrancophonie - Observer status
- Intermicronational Blue Cross and Blue Crescent Movement
- International Agricultural Development Pact
- Occitanian Commonwealth
- GUM - Full member
- Union Against Micronational War
Science & Culture
- Micronational Union of Twin Towns
- Micronational Agency for Space Studoes
- Micronational Broadcasting Union (TV OC)
On July 16, 2017 the Abeldane Monarch, Stephen I & II contacted the President of Occitania, Babou Chkaya to propose to him to initiate diplomatic relations between the two micronations with a treaty of mutual recognition with the aim of "normalise relations". On 24 July 2017, the Parliament of Abelden has voted the Popular Union of Occitania (Treaty) Act. This one "allow the creation of a treaty of mutual recognition between the Abeldane Empire and the Popular Union of Occitania". Since the Abeldane authorities have not responded and Occitania no longer has the goal of a treaty in its agenda and does not want a treaty. Relationships are therefore informal notably within the GUM.
Diplomatic relations between Occitania and the Principality of Aigues-Mortes began at the time of the political regime of the confederation, on August 3, 2015, making it the second oldest for Occitania. The treaty includes mutual recognition. The miconations are both members of the MicroFrancophonie (Occitania has observer status).
Antares and Occitania are micronations with excellent returns due to a very close vision and culture. The formalization of diplomatic relations took place on 21st December, 2015, even if the diplomatic relations are older. The subjects of the treaty are mutual recognition, defense and economy pacts.
Coria is one of the best Occitanian ally. The diplomatic treaty was sign on 12nd March, 2016 but the contacts are much older. Diplomatic treaties include mutual recognition, defense and Economic pacts.
|Informal Name||Macronation||Begin Date of Relations||Status of Relations|
|Ipainia||Peru||21st July, 2016||Recognition|
|Imvrassia||Greece||10th October, 2016||Recognition|
|Jupiter||United States||6th July 2017||Recognition|
|Lorenzburg||Sweden||21st July, 2015||Recognition|
|Lundenwic||United Kingdom||2nd August, 2016||Recognition|
|Mahuset||Netherlands||9th, June 2018||Recognition|
|Manove||Belgium||1st, August, 2017||Recognition|
|Mizuho||Japan||29th August, 2016||Recognition|
|Molossia||United States||10th November, 2015||Amical & Friendly|
|Montiber||Spain||opened 13th March, 2017||Recognition|
|Nesti||Italy||opened 16th July, 2017||Recognition|
|Numancia||Spain||25th October, 2016||Recognition|
|Padrhom||France||28th December, 2015||Recognition|
|Polanda||Spain||opened 7th March, 2016/closed 10th April, 2016/reopened 25th June, 2016||Recognition|
|Ruteria||Japan||18st June, 2017||Recognition, Member of the Occitanian Commonwealth|
|Ruthenia||Brazil||21st July, 2015||Recognition|
|Shorewell||United States||2nd October 2016||Recognition|
|Surland||France||29th June, 2015||Recognition|
|UEGG||Spain||8th August, 2015||Recognition|
|Unica||Venezuela||31st October, 2015||Recognition, friendship|
Micronation who recognizes unilaterally Occitania
The Union doesn't recognizes
- Argar - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Gadsden - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Litzenburg - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Nationalist Republic of the North Atlantic - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Nova Francia
- Pacifia - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas- Considered as a nuisance.
- Custosia - Occitania condemns the discriminatory application of the Anti-LGBTQ Act.
- Hasanistan - Occitania condemns the 2017 Hasani coup d'état attempt and supports the democratically-elected president.
The Union recognizes
- China (Republic of)
- East Turkestan
- Free Papua Movement
- Nagorno-Karabakh Republic
- Transnistria 
- UN members
- Vatican City State
The Union doesn't recognizes
- Donetsk - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Islamic State - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Luhansk - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- North Korea
- Northern Cyprus
- Palestine - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- Saudi Arabia - Considered as a terrorist organization.
- South Ossetia
Tacit Recognitions from Macronations
Occitania claims to have recieved tacit recognition - that is, acts or conduct which, in the absence of any indication to the contrary, can be reasonably interpreted to imply recognition.
- Brazil :
- The official Twitter page of the Popular Union of Occitania (@UPOccitanie) has been followed by Dr. Luiz Fernando da Rocha, who is the president of the ICCUP (Official International Chamber of Commerce Brazil/Panama)
- France :
- The official Twitter page of the Popular Union of Occitania (@UPOccitanie) has been followed by Jean-Baptiste Amine-Motilva, who is a municipal councilor of Balma
- The official Twitter page of the Popular Union of Occitania (@UPOccitanie) has been followed by Laurence Arribagé who is a deputy and deputy mayor of Toulouse
- The official Twitter page of the Popular Union of Occitania (@UPOccitanie) has been followed by Romain Cujives, who is a municipal councilor of Toulouse and of Toulouse Metropole
- The official Twitter page of the Popular Union of Occitania (@UPOccitanie) has been followed by Jean-Michel Lattes, who is the 1st Deputy Mayor of Toulouse and Vice-President of Toulouse Metropole
- Israel :
Former Tacit Recognitions from Macronations
- Spain :
- Russia : Occitania condemns the gay-genocide in Chechenya 
- United States : Occitania condemns the withdrawal from the United States of the Treaty of Paris.
- United Kingdom : Occitania condemns the June 2017 London attacks. 
- France : Occitania condemns the 2017 Notre Dame attack 
- Russia : Occitania is concerned about police repression in Russia 
- Israel : Occitania condemns the June 2017 Jerusalem attack 
- Colombia : Occitania condemns a terrorist attack in Bogota 
- France : Occitania condemns the June 2017 Champs-Élysées car ramming attack 
- Turkey : Occitania is concerned about police repression during the Gay Pride in Istanbul 
- Israel : Occitania condemns the 2017 Halamish stabbing attack 
- France : Occitania condemns the 2017 Levallois-Perret attack 
- Spain : Statement about the situation in Catalonia 
- Israel : Local government of Tagtabazar condemns the June 2017 Jerusalem attack 
- Turkey : Local government of Tagtabazar is concerned about police repression during the Gay Pride in Istanbul 
-  "Transnistria recognition treaty
-  " Situation en Tchétchénie
-  " Traité de Paris
-  " Attentat de Juin 2017 à Londres
-  " 1Attentat de Juin 2017 à Paris
-  " Repressions policieres en Russie
-  "Attentat juin Jerusalem"
-  "Attentat juin Bogota"
-  " 2Attentat de Juin 2017 à Paris
-  " Repressions policieres en Turquie Juin 2017
-  " Attentat de Halamish
-  " Attaque terroriste de aout 2017 a LevalloisPerret
- [hhttp://occitania.leforum.eu/t5-STATEMENT-Situation-in-Catalonia.htm#p5] " Catalogne
-  "Attentat juin Jerusalem T"
-  " Repressions policieres en Turquie Juin 2017 T