Declaration of Independence of Usmuani
The Grand Republic of Usmuani, now known as the Principality of Galte, declared independence from the United States on December 8, 2019. The Declaration followed then-President Michael Shepard's growing frustration towards the United States government.
On this day, December 8, 2019, the Grand Republic of Usmuani hereby formally declares its independence from the United States of America. The Grand Republic of Usmuani asserts that it is no longer under the care of the United States of America, and will begin functioning as an independent nation as soon as possible.
The United States of America has run its government terribly following the general election of 2016, and the inauguration of President Donald J. Trump. However, the President of the United States of America is not solely to blame for the poorly run government, as many issues are rooted in the founding of the United States of America. As a courtesy, a list of grievances and complaints is below, as to hopefully clarify the reasons for this Declaration, as to keep on good terms with the United States of America following the signing of this Declaration.
- The immigration crisis has been handled disgustingly, as multiple children have died locked in cages under the U.S. Customs and Border Protection(CBP).
- CBP has refused to acknowledge the deaths of these children.
- The President of the United States of America has asked the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, for information on Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden.
- The President of the United States of America has refused to cooperate with impeachment hearings taking place as a result of the call between the him and the President of Ukraine.
- The government of the United States of America is run as a two-party system, despite there being tens of political parties across the United States of America.
These are not the only reasons for this split, however, the President of Usmuani simply could no longer be bothered to list them. The government of Usmuani hopes that the two nations can remain on good terms, despite their differences.