Debajyoti, Prince Father of Purvanchal
|Prince Father of Purvanchal (Maharajajanak)|
DUK DKP DKI (Purvanchal) DKII (Beltola) SUMP RSP PRS CSP MSAn KGCCRE KGPGC KCON KCQE KCQE
|Mayor of Rajagriha|
|Assumed office |
25 July 2021
|Preceded by||Florian Corre|
|Succeeded by||Princess Mother Krishna (designate)|
23 July 1969
|Spouse||Krishna, Princess Mother (m.1999)|
|Issue||Dhrubajyoti Roy (b.2002)|
|House||House of Sriraya|
|Father||Nani Gopal Roy|
Prince Debajyoti, The Prince Father of Purvanchal is a senior Vishwamitran royal and a member of the House of Sriraya. He is the father of the current Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy and is titled as the "Prince Father of Purvanchal".
Early and personal life
Prince Father Debajyoti was born in 1969 in Guwahati as the third child and second son of Prince Grandfather Roy and Princess Grandmother Roy. He spent his early life in a very friendly and family atmosphere with his parents, siblings and other family members. His early and higher education was from his a local vernacular institution. He has two older siblings, Prince Uncle Roy and Princess Ruma and one younger sibling, Princess Lipi.
He married Krishna Das in 1999 and began his second business in rental services. Three years after their wedding, their first and only child Dhrubajyoti Roy was born in January 2002. He is always supportive of his son and both of them share a very friendly relation with each other as both of them accompany each other of various trips, visits together, spending time watching movies, playing games, etc. He admires his son's interests in co-circular and other activities.
Prince Father Debajyoti plays very little or no role in the State of Vishwamitra, a nation ruled by his son Dhrubajyoti Roy as the founder and current monarch. In 2019, he was for the first time granted special recognition in the nation as a member of the first family as the "President Father", however that title was soon abolished on popular demand.
With his son's becoming a monarch in June 2020 and the formal establishment of the House of Sriraya as the reigning house of Purvanchal, he assumed the nominal title of the "Prince Father", which is reserved for fathers of reigning monarch. He is the current de facto head of the house being the most senior-male royal after his elder brother gave his rights to the throne due to lack of interest in micronational activities. He has been recipient of several top Vishwamitran and Purvanchali honours and titles, and has received various honours from foreign nations including Revalia and Queensland.
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and styles
With the ascension of his son as the first Rajpramukh of Purvanchal on 8 June 2020, he was conferred with the title of Prince Father of Purvanchal.
- 8 June 2020 – 1 August 2021: His Royal Highness Prince Debajyoti, the Prince Father of Purvanchal
- 1 August 2021 – present: His Royal Highness Debajyoti, Prince Maharajajanak, the Prince of Purvanchal
His Royal Highness Maharajajanak Prince Debajyoti, D.U.K., D.K.P., D.K. I, D.K. II (Beltola), S.U.M.P., R.S.P., P.R.S., C.S.P., Member of the Order of St. Anthony of Revalia, Knight Grand Companion of the Most Blessed Order of the Crown of the Realm of Elizabeth City, Knight Grand Cross of the Most Illustrious Order of Prince George of Carl Gustaf City, Knight Commander of the Most Distinguished Order of the Nation of Queensland, Prince Father of Purvanchal, Mayor of the Federal Capital of Rajagriha.
He has been awarded:
Honours of Purvanchal
- Knight Grand Companion of the Most Esteemed Supreme Order of the Royal House of Purvanchal (DKP, 4 July 2021)
- Grand Knight of the Most Noble Royal Family Order of Purvanchal (DK I, 27 January 2021)
- Grand Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Crown of Purvanchal (SUMP, 25 July 2021)
Honours of Vishwamitra
- Grand Cordon of the Most Esteemed Supreme Order of the Hibiscus (DUK, 25 October 2022)
- Recipient of the National Service Medal (RSP, 15 April 2021)
- Recipient of the Royal Service Medal (PRS, 15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Civil Service Medal (CSP, 15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Vishwamitran Monarchy (8 June 2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the Crystal Jubilee of the Foundation of Vishwamitra (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 21st Birthday of Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (11 January 2023)
- Former honours
- Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (1 August 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cordon of the Most Illustrious Royal Order of the Crown of Vishwamitra (27 January 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the Vishwamitra (15 April – 24 October 2022)
- Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (27 January – 1 August 2021)
- Member of the Most Gallant Order of Mahabali Karthika Padaka (27 January 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cross of the Order of Klöw (18 September 2021, returned 10 October 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Relation Vishwamitra-Sildavia (18 September 2021, returned 10 October 2022)
Ribbon bars and badges of the orders and decorations that are worn by the His Royal Highness The Prince Father of Purvanchal are noted in accordance with customary Vishwamitran conventions applicable to the occasion, the location and to the form of dress worn. The ribbon bars are worn according to the protocol and the precedence of the wear as issued by the Chancellery of the orders. It is to note that the ribbons of the foreign honours are worn below the national and state honours of Vishwamitra. The badges of the foreign decorations are not worn regularly except for special occasions.
Arms and monogram
|Arms||Coat of Arms||Royal monogram||Hibiscus banner|
- von Goetzon, Oscar (3 August 2022). "Imperial and Royal Decree n. 234-2O22, O3 August 2O22.: Empire's Day List of Honors 2022". Retrieved 29 May 2023.
- von Goetzon, Oscar (24 December 2021). "Imperial and Royal Decree n. 225-2O21, 24 December 2O21.: Christmas List of Honors 2021". Retrieved 29 May 2023.